Knockouts for wooden weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kadoken

Sergeant
I was playing on the Trojan server this afternoon and in a roleplaying mood I decided to host a tournament of melee. I gave a cash prize to the winner and everything went very well. No one was upset when they died, even though I had a special rule if you didn't want to die and wanted to give up the fight you typed "Y" to stand for Yield. No one was able to do it succesfully.

At the tourney, I chose to have everyone be shirtless and helmetless to even things out between fighters. Then I asked them to choose wooden weapons for the fights to make it more fair for the ones who didn't have as strong weapons as the others.

I was wondering if there was any way in the Warband engine to code for when getting "Killed" by wooden weapons, you play the "getting knocked by a horse" animation to simulate getting knocked out. Is this doable?

maybe like a reduced money drop and character "refreshes/fades" at the place where they died instead of re-spawning. It would require people to play along and properly rp instead of physically restricting them but hey its not like our community is made up of a few forumers who have respect for standards and about 200 people who don't have the decency to care.

Maybe the training weapons could be programmed to do no damage but always land a "hit" causing a damaged animation.

Would also lead to some hilarious combinations of peasents with training weapons and short spears stunlocking and killing knights.

Serann said:
Maybe the training weapons could be programmed to do no damage but always land a "hit" causing a damaged animation.

Would also lead to some hilarious combinations of peasents with training weapons and short spears stunlocking and killing knights.
That needs to be in PW.

Back
Top Bottom