Knight

Users who are viewing this thread

knight.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Vlandia Knight in this thread.

Skirmish would benefit immensely from a 200 gold cost on the knight as well as other heavy cav. I made a thread articulating about this.
Not sure why you want that people can only spawn once with cav... I think a price from 170 for heavy cav and then you spawn with light cav again....With inf you can spawn 2 times with he heavy one aswell......but you want cav to only spawn once???

Not sure why you want that people can only spawn once with cav... I think a price from 170 for heavy cav and then you spawn with light cav again....With inf you can spawn 2 times with he heavy one aswell......but you want cav to only spawn once???

Spawn once *as heavy cav* They should obviosuly have more than 1 life total. With 200 gold they could still spawn as a 100 gold class during the first round and as a class more than 100 the following rounds assuming they have any gold left. At the moment you can spawn twice as heavy cav after the first round, which really should not be possible because of how good the class is.

If you want to insure you have 2 lives as a cav class you can still go light cav.

Heavy cav is not really so "good" you can only kill people is they dont pay attention otherwise you just die,,,, OFC its a public stomper and alot of people think its OP but it really isnt..... IF we nerv all the cav now then when people actually notice how the game works cav will be completly useless...there are something that can be nerved with cav but changen the cost is just bump

Heavy cav is not really so "good" you can only kill people is they dont pay attention otherwise you just die,,,, OFC its a public stomper and alot of people think its OP but it really isnt..... IF we nerv all the cav now then when people actually notice how the game works cav will be completly useless...there are something that can be nerved with cav but changen the cost is just bump

You dont know what youre talking about, My experience comes from killing and dying to other clans in 6man queues. Matches are never close because whoever wins the first round just wins the whole match. Respawning twice as heavy cav is a huge snowballing issue.

I dont really think the snowballing is so huge...you only get a small advantage in the 2nd round and that makes sense since you won the first and should get rewarded for it and upgrading light cav to a heavy cav is fine imo

I dont really think the snowballing is so huge...you only get a small advantage in the 2nd round and that makes sense since you won the first and should get rewarded for it and upgrading light cav to a heavy cav is fine imo
inf just doesnt deal enough dmg vs them, except with throwing (that **** needs to get nerfed aswell)

Except for 2 things.

1. Talewords has repeatedly stated that they went away from the gold and gear system to AVOID snowballing.
2. Heavy cav is exponentially better than every other group of classes. Being able to spawn as them twice is exponentially better than spawning as every other class twice or three times.

I mean if you actually want cav to be nerfed then the actually dmg or tankiness should be changed......But making you only spawn once as cav or 2 times "bad"cav is not the way to go.....CAV is a class like archer or inf and since you can spawn 2 times with the other you should with cav aswell....

i think you guys actually think that CAV is some speciall class only as a reward or something but that really isnt the case

I mean if you actually want cav to be nerfed then the actually dmg or tankiness should be changed......But making you only spawn once as cav or 2 times "bad"cav is not the way to go.....CAV is a class like archer or inf and since you can spawn 2 times with the other you should with cav aswell....

i think you guys actually think that CAV is some speciall class only as a reward or something but that really isnt the case
yes heavy units should be some special reward in general... you didnt get a warhorse in warband nor a super heavy armor. In warband you were lucky if you even got a helmet as cav. As it is now heavy cav can soak way too much dmg. Thats why i think its best if it is 2light > 1 heavy 1 light > 2 heavy or 3 light.
Meanwhile all light cav units should be able to get a 200 spear and shield or 190 lance and shield.

More light infantry would be nice aswell (which isnt rly implented). And way more expensive heavy archers (leaning towards the same scheme as cav).

The Knight really doesn't stand out as a particularly amazing cavalry unit when Vlandia is supposed to be a cavalry faction. IMO they should have their 235 length lance from the Beta replace the tougher horse in slot 1.

@Joshu4BananaClip is right, heavy cav in general isn't that scary once you figure out how to play against it.

The Knight really doesn't stand out as a particularly amazing cavalry unit when Vlandia is supposed to be a cavalry faction. IMO they should have their 235 length lance from the Beta replace the tougher horse in slot 1.
Agreed, the knight is probably the bottom tier cav atm with one of the shortest lances and nothing to compensate for it - every other cav has equally armoured horses and longer lances except khuzait lances who has a glaive to compensate for it.

I'd love them to reintroduce the great lance that was in Warband with extra long reach(~250+) as a perk. Ofc gotta make it slow and clumsy to not make it op.

@Joshu4BananaClip is right, heavy cav in general isn't that scary once you figure out how to play against it.

Agreed, the knight is probably the bottom tier cav atm with one of the shortest lances and nothing to compensate for it - every other cav has equally armoured horses and longer lances except khuzait lances who has a glaive to compensate for it.

I'd love them to reintroduce the great lance that was in Warband with extra long reach(~250+) as a perk. Ofc gotta make it slow and clumsy to not make it op.

Actually not a bad idea for a perk, would love to see how this plays.

Knight is the best cav unit.
you have a good horse (even without perk), super tanky armour (with perk), a solid shield by default, javs (since you don't need the better shield perk) and a lance. It's the only cav unit that can effectively use the perk system with multiple viable options to chose from.
On top you get a solid infantry and the sharpshooters.

Last edited:
you have a good horse (even without perk), super tanky armour (with perk), a solid shield by default, javs (since you don't need the better shield perk) and a lance.
Aserai and Sturgia can get the same except maybe armour plus longer lances. Before that I could choose longer lance instead of armour, so i could be on par with them, now I can't. The perks for better shield and this strange bastard axe are of very dubious usefulness tbh. And I personally don't like javs and think that the knight shouldn't have them at all.

Back
Top Bottom