Kingdom management questions

Users who are viewing this thread

MIHAI

Squire
Hello, I see there isn't a guide to running your kingdom, so here are some questions (if there is a guide, you have my apologies and please guide me to that thread):

1. How do I conduct diplomacy? How do I establish contact with the other kings? I have a minister that seems to be the only one that comes with the kingdom title, but he deals with mercenaries and color. Also I captured my former king but there is just the posibility of release available.
2. My villages seem to belong to no one, but I can give them to companions. How can I collect rent?
3. Is there a reason to have a companion as minister/ will he leave my side/ are there any skills required?
4. Does my spouse have a role in diplomacy, except for the standing thing?

1. The default Minister "appointed from prominent citizens" doesn't have the full suite of kingdom management options. You need to either appoint a Companion or your wife to get full access. Once you do this you can dispatch Companions to the other kingdoms  as envoys to ask for recognition, declare war or sue for peace. The CHA and Persuasion of your envoy are supposed to be a factor in how well the negotiations go but from my experience the benefit is a small one at best. I use Sara the Fox since she starts with a highish Persuasion but really any Companion will do.

2. Once you have a full fledged minister you can distribute fiefs, including to yourself, without needing to speak to the appointee directly.

3. Your minister's stats don't matter as they're really just there to be a placeholder for the kingdom management menu and don't do anything else themselves. For this reason I find its best to make your wife your minister rather than lose a Companion since, sadly, she doesn't have any other uses once the wedding is over. :sad:

4. Answered above

Since i dont want to bring another thread up.

I always wondered, whats the deal of marrying a girl from a big family rather than 1 with just a brother for example? Do you (just) get more RtR when you marry or does that have longer over-time effects?

I've always found it strange that, even though the game makes note of them, it isn't really clear how much extended families matter among the AI Lords. Fathers and sons tend to vote for one another in fief distribution debates, but beyond that I can't tell if uncles favour nephews over unrelated lords, in-laws, etc.

LevonVeldspar said:
I've always found it strange that, even though the game makes note of them, it isn't really clear how much extended families matter among the AI Lords. Fathers and sons tend to vote for one another in fief distribution debates, but beyond that I can't tell if uncles favour nephews over unrelated lords, in-laws, etc.

I concur.  It appears that the original M&B developers started to implement a feature that never was completed.  If you download the module system you will see commented out sections that deal with this.  It is clear however, that some of it was implemented.  I have never spent the hours necessary to track it down however.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Here's hoping that the family ties feature is expanded upon in M&B II.  I'm just salivating at the thought of M&B's combat system married to the politics of Crusader Kings!

minimumdifficulty said:
Here's hoping that the family ties feature is expanded upon in M&B II.  I'm just salivating at the thought of M&B's combat system married to the politics of Crusader Kings!

I would never need another game for the rest of my life.

Except for a Pendor mod, of course.

If, it needs to be a mix between MnB, CK2 and HOI3.

That way you cover everything an outstanding simultaing game needs - combat, politics, diplomacy and economy plus supreme tactical movement.

minimumdifficulty said:
This can be done by modding. The changes will need to be extensive though, it's not an easy feat as working Warband mechanics need to be rewritten and all those claims, rules of succession and new lord actions need to be implemented and tracked. I played a lot of CK2 some months ago and had the same idea, it's really quite natural to work CK mechanics into Warband from a design perspective.

Back
Top Bottom