Just started, looking for some pointers and end goals

Users who are viewing this thread

Why do you want to leave an order? It doesnt really matter where you belong, its mostly for quest with fortress, best crossbow in the game, decent gear-depending how far you are in the game and a few extra knight tier troops. You can create any order as long as you fulfill their requirements(honor, renown, qualis gem, specific city/companion, relations). Then you can train them through your steward. Its prefectly fine to join raven spear, create dragon chapter in some castle and then train knights of the lion because you just got sarleon. Every order will be underpowered and weak compared to your custom knighthood order after training them for 500 days or so. It all depends on time you are willing to spend training and gearing them. For fast results you should stick to one faction and their lords, train their main knights and enjoy their power. If you can afford to wait 500 or so days training, grinding etc. then go for your custom order. After that, they might even compete against noldors.

Alright then, thanks for telling me that. I can just stick with the dragon order then.

One thing though and I don't know if it's a bug but whenever I start a campaign as marshall, NO ONE shows up. I'm wondering if it's because we're not at war with anyone. Anyway, because of that, it's making my unique spawn hunting rather fruitless as I can't deal with them alone.

I also cannot for the life of me find the red brotherhood hideout. I have gone to taverns hundreds of times and spoke to everybody but they never have a hint about the red brotherhood hideout.

EDIT 2: lo and behold I managed to get the map finally. Now I can get a Qualis gem. The plan is to nab the qualis gem in the hideout, give that to randalf, get location of the al-aziz hidden location and upgrade my bow.

DarkTemplar said:
Decent infantry are bladesmen or legionnaires BUT even if faction is destroyed, you can still get their recruits, its like 20% chance to get them if village is owned by another faction.
To train knights from certain order, you must have walled fief with established chapter of said order. Only your cko can be trained by companions. All orders can be trained through your steward.

Though you can ofc not train Knights of said destroyed faction from those commoner recruits . You will only get to recruit Nobles - which train into Knights - from the culture you/your Kingdom are aligend to .

tyranius said:
So, any way to leave my current order in a more forgiving way? If I leave now, I lose relation with every order and most of them will be hostile.

I wanted to join Ebony gauntlet order. The order of the dragon units seem a bit underwhelming

With a bit of training, the Knights of the Dragon make pretty good Allrounders. And even their Stewards - Dragon Drakes - are usefull as more than decent Shield Infantry. Have to add though, I do not really train Dragons if I get Rane, I simply let them spawn by themselves .

tyranius said:
Alright then, thanks for telling me that. I can just stick with the dragon order then.

One thing though and I don't know if it's a bug but whenever I start a campaign as marshall, NO ONE shows up. [...]

It may be youre controversy is pretty high, or you just do not have decent relations with the Lords . Ot hey just get lost on the way - get entangeld in Battles, tangetting off chasing some miniscule spawn - etc . If the campaign calling does not work, simply approach the Lord(s) you want to come with you, tell them "I have a new task for you.", then ask them to follow you .

Yeah, a war came around and then lords started heeding my call.

Anyways, how long does it usually take to improve equipment on knights and sergeants? I am currently equipping my knights with full plate armor and it's gonna take 200+ days. This is after I had tweaked the upgrade times. The tweak is either not working or it usually takes 500 days or something to upgrade just body armor, which is ludicrous.

EDIT: disregard the above paragraph. I was dumb and decreased the value in the txt file when I should have increased it.

tyranius said:
Yeah, a war came around and then lords started heeding my call.

Anyways, how long does it usually take to improve equipment on knights and sergeants? I am currently equipping my knights with full plate armor and it's gonna take 200+ days. This is after I had tweaked the upgrade times. The tweak is either not working or it usually takes 500 days or something to upgrade just body armor, which is ludicrous.

EDIT: disregard the above paragraph. I was dumb and decreased the value in the txt file when I should have increased it.

My character is super OP since I saved it from first version I have ever played so stats are superb.
For knights Top weapons take like 50 days to upgrade(I think noldor longsword for my sergeants took 43 days)
and netherworld chargers for my knights require 49 days to upgrade.
I think one skill affects time for upgrades.(don't know which :smile: )

Got my Strange Rune Bow turned into a Sapphire rune bow.

Now just need to seal the deal with a melee weapon. I know most people say ruby 2h is the bomb, but I really don't want to give up a shield. Would the best 1h be the usual 1h rune turned into ruby?

Ruby runed axe is the one for you I believe. Slightly too short to be really comfortable on horseback vs infantry (I prefer to use reach 100 at the very least) but in pretty much all other combat situations there simply is nothing like it. Great fun!

Rune Bastard Sword is the bomb too.  I  use it with two hands, but I imagine it is still horrifying with one handed as well.  You can buy one from Quigfen I've heard, though I found mine from a Heretic army.

tyranius said:

Now just need to seal the deal with a melee weapon. I know most people say ruby 2h is the bomb, but I really don't want to give up a shield. Would the best 1h be the usual 1h rune turned into ruby?
As Auditor said, the Rune Bastard Sword is fast enough to still be quite effective when used with a shield as long as your character´s skills are up to the task. Ebony swords are also a good option as most of them are over 40c swing damage, fast and long enough to be used quite effectively on horseback.

End goals......that's easy.
I usualy use 2 options to start my end game(actually it's the most lenghty one).
1) The sneaky way.Remain a mercenary until you can field 200 soldiers, then take a castle, get all the lords you are friends with WHILE a faction is at war with someone else, at the begining of their war. Declare Pendor then. As a mercenary you get a lot more denars per week, as a vassal you get about 800 denars from a fief aka village wich is raided most of the times by the npc.

2) The funny way. Find the "rightfull heir" to a faction, each faction has a hero character wich wants to remove the curent leader of that faction. He joins your party and is a strong hero, you begin to conquer teritory for the "new" faction and some lords may join you, he is 100 relation with you.

Also, make your heroes the best warriors in your army, with ranged/melee and cavalry items. Yes, all of them to change them when the situation requires it. Like when you get 40 cavalry and hunt down all enemy lords or ranged for siege. Have lots of troops in your castle/city, more than you need, to be well defended and be prepared for everything.
Pop doesn't have 3 types of units(ranged, melee and cavalry). It has a looot more like heavy infantry, anti cav infrantry, super heavy infantry, heavy ranged infantry, throwing weapons infantry, siege infantry etc.

So for all these you need the training skill, give a few points to all heroes in training because you can't train troops OVER your level, if you give all some training(especially high level knights, you can have only 1 or 2 knights( example: Sir Alistair) they will train them and help a lot. At the end game i would train all troops daily.

tyranius said:

Doom Mace!

I always use blunt weapons and the same goes for my companion and KHO.

I'm freakin' RICH because of it.

Back
Top Bottom