Islam is the light’ says toy doll

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.interfaith.org/2008/10/14/islam-is-the-light-says-toy-doll/

A toy doll that apparently says ‘Islam is the light’ has been criticised as inappropriate by American parents.

The Fisher Price doll with fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes, is meant to be a realistic baby that cries when it is hungry and asks for ‘Mama’.

However, some parents have raised concern that one of the doll’s phrases sounds like ‘Islam is the light’ and have written to Fisher Price to complain.

Toy makers Mattel, who own Fisher Price, deny the claim and say the doll’s only programmed phrase is ‘mama’.

The company did admit that because the sound is compressed and played through an inexpensive toy speaker, there may be some distortion in what is heard.

The doll is set to remain in shops across America until further notice.

Mattel has said that any parents with concerns should call their hotline.

I found this today and found it quite funny.

Yeah, but those parents are totally okay with dolls using suggestive Christian messages being sold in stores. Like, completely. Different things, y'know. Really.

Mattell Hot line? What are they going to do, give distraught parents counseling over the phone :lol:?

Next, people would be complaining about what the Turkish Janissary unit says in AoE 2.

My little sister used to have this big ass red ugly ****ing looking Elmo toy. That **** would talk when you touched it. I remember walking by her playing with it in the living room and hearing "Tickle Elmo!" and then "hehehehehehehehe" then like "pet Elmo" and then again "hehehehehehehehe"  I was just like  :shock: what the -****- did Elmo just tell my little sister to do to him?

It was like the junior pedo training toy.

But yeah aside from that I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic of Islam dolls. Sept "gay..."

Birger Jarl said:
It's just a ****ty quality toy, that's all. Power of suggestion FTW.

While probably true, it doesn't help that the voice actually changes at the "Islam is the light" part.

The most sinister Mr. Pavlov and The Pavenis said:
Mage246 said:
The Tickle-Me-Elmo was worse... it doubled as a sex toy.

YES! thats what it was, the tickle me Elmo!

The one that shakes around like a vibrator, right?

Mage246 said:
The most sinister Mr. Pavlov and The Pavenis said:
Mage246 said:
The Tickle-Me-Elmo was worse... it doubled as a sex toy.

YES! thats what it was, the tickle me Elmo!

The one that shakes around like a vibrator, right?

ohh **** yeah, I forgot to mention that part! It would like ****ing have seizures or something!

Man, I gotta go find that stupid thing.

[quote author=Pavlov]
Man, I gotta go find that stupid thing.
[/quote]

And do... what exactly?  :razz:

I wish I could dig up that guy from C-Span that I saw a few years ago who explained this concept with Stairway to Heaven.

Bellum said:
I wish I could dig up that guy from C-Span that I saw a few years ago who explained this concept with Stairway to Heaven.

It is simple - suggestion.

Play Stairway to Heaven backwards to someone who has no idea there is supposed to be "satanic messages" to be heard - and he will hear only gibberish. Take another person and tell him to listen for these "satanic messages" and sure enough he'll hear "satan that" and "satan this". Provide a third person with a note which tells him exactly what the "satanic message" is supposed to be and I guarantee you that he'll hear every single bit of it when you play it for him.

Suggestion.

!

If you record that post, then play it backwards, you can hear the word "yahweh" at least 4 times*! :eek:

*lies

We know all this "power of suggestion" stuff. But what was the doll supposed to say? None of the possibilities make sense. In the newspost of Penny Arcade I posted along with the comic, there are several articles that propose stuff like "as long as the light/night", but that's just gibberish. Why would a baby say that?

Back
Top Bottom