Is 1755 begin developed in parallel to 1776?

Users who are viewing this thread

mouthnhoof

Knight at Arms
I find the 1755 setup a lot more appealing than the American civil war. The M&B single-player campaign mechanics favor a wild frontier like setup with many small factions rather than a clear two sided large war, not to mention that the old frontier is a completely new setup (there were old civil war mods and other games as well). But it seems that all the development effort is now directed towards 1776, so my question is: does 1755 still being worked on or is this the final release?

mouthnhoof said:
I find the 1755 setup a lot more appealing than the American civil war. The M&B single-player campaign mechanics favor a wild frontier like setup with many small factions rather than a clear two sided large war, not to mention that the old frontier is a completely new setup (there were old civil war mods and other games as well). But it seems that all the development effort is now directed towards 1776, so my question is: does 1755 still being worked on or is this the final release?
No, don t worry :grin: I love my first "baby", 1755, he he he
.....we are still working hard on 1755 and some things I was planning this morning as soon as I got up (my PC is the first and last thing I do in my days, since I got modding...mmmmm) made me veeeery excited.
But I have to accomplish 1776, also...since it has been preparing for 5 months.
Problem was fixing so many issues with 1755, in the meanwhile.
And....it was so hard for me to handle that, really.
My dear teammates did miracles, for sure....poor guys.
We worked night and day, argued and fought to each other, sometimes....but we accomplished smthing special, I see.
What hurts me is that I needed so much help, I knew nothing of everything, really....and nobody with experience ever offered to help.
The only "giant" of humanity was my dear friend Idibil, and of course Shredzorz was nice to me, too.
But most of big modders, just ignored me.
well.....
Thx for asking...I don t know why I made such a long speech..
Could be cause I ve seen you around a lot.... :grin:
Gab

OK thanks for the answer. 1776 is not that much later than 1755 so I imagine much of the development can actually be used in both mods.

I have been around for a while (since 0.808 version of old M&B). I also contributed a bit to a few mods before but these days I am really busy at work (having a coffee break now...) and the few precious hours I have per week are dedicated for play. So I apologize for not being much of a help.

Keep up the good work!

GABRILDURO said:
mouthnhoof said:
OK thanks for the answer. 1776 is not that much later than 1755 so I imagine much of the development can actually be used in both mods.

I have been around for a while (since 0.808 version of old M&B). I also contributed a bit to a few mods before but these days I am really busy at work (having a coffee break now...) and the few precious hours I have per week are dedicated for play. So I apologize for not being much of a help.

Keep up the good work!
HAH!! I just noticed your 1755 pic!!!!! Well, that helps, THX!!
...a happy Gabby
....you have my 3 favourite mods pics, he he he

I co-developed an American Revolution mod, called Liberty or Death. The mod has died, and I must say, I'd much prefer to have a mod set in the 1750s and such rather than the Revolution. You've no idea how frustrating that mod was, and then we had people on both sides complaining of the Americans being too overpowered, Brits being too overpowered, bad maps, bad NPCs, Indians too weak, etc. etc.

mouthnhoof said:
I'm going to assume that you DO know that M&B in it's early stages contained only two factions; Vaegirs and Swadians.
Needless to say, it worked like heaven. Back in those days it all felt so good.

Banastre said:
I co-developed an American Revolution mod, called Liberty or Death. The mod has died, and I must say, I'd much prefer to have a mod set in the 1750s and such rather than the Revolution. You've no idea how frustrating that mod was, and then we had people on both sides complaining of the Americans being too overpowered, Brits being too overpowered, bad maps, bad NPCs, Indians too weak, etc. etc.
Liberty or death was one of my first M&B love! :grin:
I do not remember indians there, actually.
Gab

UnholyNighmare said:
I'm going to assume that you DO know that M&B in it's early stages contained only two factions; Vaegirs and Swadians.
Needless to say, it worked like heaven. Back in those days it all felt so good.
Yes I know and there were plenty of 2 sided mods in its history - some of them actually good. Still, it works a lot better and is much more interesting when there are several factions. A more varied faction list and complex situation also allows a lot more flexible roleplay. I started playing a Jacobite that fled to the new world to continue the fight against the English and establish a free New-Scotland (Nova Scotia...), only to find out that the first NPC I met has almost the exact same story...

Right you are. Altough this number should be kept limited. I know of many mods that add too many factions. Especially new people coming after Warband seem to like experimenting with this.

Back
Top Bottom