Info Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

quapitty said:
MihailoSRB said:
Well, yes, it seems that even I (being nigh-perfect as I am) can make a mistake sometimes.
My world broke in this very moment...  :shock:
Really?
Oh, I get it. :smile:
You were confused because I used a rare word nigh.
No problems - I will fix it:

Well, yes, it seems that even I (being near-perfect as I am) can make a mistake sometimes.

There you go. :wink:

cant see hildegard von bingen anywhere on the list but she wants to join my band of merry men

sorry guess that the von rupertshal woman - the names on the wheel and the list dont match it seems - is it the eame with the gullem de montcada guy in the mod and called Ramon the montcada in the wheel?

CCDK said:
cant see hildegard von bingen anywhere on the list but she wants to join my band of merry men

sorry guess that the von rupertshal woman - the names on the wheel and the list dont match it seems - is it the eame with the gullem de montcada guy in the mod and called Ramon the montcada in the wheel?

Yes, it is. Hildegard von Bingen was supposed to be replaced by Inge von Rupertshal, but then Cruger left and it was left undone.

As for the other one, his name was Guillem Ramon de Montcada. He signed Ramon de Montcada, but when he was Viscount of Béarn, they called him Guillem de Béarn. What a mess.

Cèsar de Quart said:
CCDK said:

Yes, it is. Hildegard von Bingen was supposed to be replaced by Inge von Rupertshal, since you know, Hildegard was dead by 1200, and even if she was not, she'd be old as a corpse. Also, the idea of a mystical old nun fighting alongside you is somewhat ridiculous. Inge would have been a misguided nun, disciple of Hildegard's, but who got from her just what she wanted to listen: that people are bad and that the world is the Devil's making. Also, she'd have healing capacities. But then Cruger left and it was left undone.

As for the other one, his name was Guillem Ramon de Montcada. He signed Ramon de Montcada, but when he was Viscount of Béarn, they called him Guillem de Béarn. What a mess.

thanks for the info - might wanna paintshop it in or add the info to this list so the info doesnt go missing again - or even worse - the question gets asked again:smile:

there also seems to be a certain Salemon? as companion, is he are remake of some of the "old" companions in wheels or is he a new one not yet listed?

CCDK said:
thanks for the info - might wanna paintshop it in or add the info to this list so the info doesnt go missing again - or even worse - the question gets asked again:smile:

there also seems to be a certain Salemon? as companion, is he are remake of some of the "old" companions in wheels or is he a new one not yet listed?

There are a few companions around that were not included in the initially planned companion wheel. They were designed to 'fill in' some "empty vacancies", i.e. we added Selomon after we noticed we hadn't planned any black companion.

Korinov said:
CCDK said:
There are a few companions around that were not included in the initially planned companion wheel. They were designed to 'fill in' some "empty vacancies", i.e. we added Selomon after we noticed we hadn't planned any black companion.
Really? I didn't know that! :eek:
Wow, Korinov, that's a very blunt way of putting it. :lol:
It reminds me of the time when Justice League (an ultimate superhero team - Batman, Superman, etc.) cartoon was in the works.
Among all those heroes, there should have been the one called Green Lantern.
Now, for some of you who don't know, there were many individuals who were Green Lanterns, and one of the major ones are: Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Alan Scott.
So, what do those Green Lanterns have in common? Well, they are all white.
But the producers of the Justice League cartoon wanted a bit of diversity, since the current Justice League lineup consisted of 5 white people (3 men, 2 women), and one green male alien.
So, what did they do?
They took one of the lesser known Green Lanterns - John Stewart, and put him in the cartoon.
Now, I wonder why did they picked him, instead of much famous 4 Lanterns that I already mentioned? :roll:
WELL, OF COURSE!
justice-league.jpg

Or another good example - when Mortal Kombat became such a hit game 20 years ago, the creators started to work on a sequel.
And, of course, to broaden their audience, they introduced a black character - Jax.
Jax_MK2_slip.gif

So... what made Jax so special in Mortak Kombat 2?
Well, in the previous game, and in MK2 we had these characters:
A thunder god, 2 cool ex-Shaolin monks, a terrorist with half-metallic face, an undead ninja, a ninja with freeze powers, a ninja who is half reptile, a special forces chick, an evil sorceror, a 4-armed giant, a Hollywood movie star, a ninja princess from another dimension and her evil clone, a mutant with blades coming from his arms, a shadow ninja...
...AND...
...there was Jax...
...whose defining feature was...
...that he's black... and stuff.
Seriously, they only added him because they wanted a black character.
And he was so unimaginative that they needed to ''upgrade'' him in Mortal Kombat 3:
Jax_MK3_Run.gif

Yes... they added metallic arms to him.
What a transformation! :mrgreen:

wow MihailoSRB you really do like to answer with speech dont you - you should really consider politics man  :lol:

NikeBG said:
At least we don't have a black Orpheus (I still can't forgive Hallmark for that blasphemy)... :razz:
As I mentioned before, I really, really like that depiction of Orpheus (in Jason and the Argonauts film)! :mrgreen:
No, I'm serious, I think it's great.
But it gets ''worse'' - years ago, when I first heard of Alexander's officer - Cleitus the Black, believe it or not... I imagined him being a black man. :lol:
It simply came to my mind, and I rolled with it.

CCDK said:
wow MihailoSRB you really do like to answer with speech dont you - you should really consider politics man  :lol:
Not gonna happen.
I'm too... honest to be a politician. :razz:
No, really - I can't trick people (aside when joking), not even when I should.
And that is the quality that you need to have, in order to be a successful politician.

I have one question (hopefully it wasn´t asked already): How much will extend to the east, when you get there in the developement process ?

fysaga said:
I have one question (hopefully it wasn´t asked already): How much will extend to the east, when you get there in the developement process ?
Almost to the Caspian Sea I believe.

How do i find saint george units? I used them in custom battle but I can not find them in normal game.

Licko90 said:
How do i find saint george units? I used them in custom battle but I can not find them in normal game.
Because there is no Order of Saint George at the beginning of the game. It has to be created via quest.

any news on current companions and their position on the wheel(s) - new ones added old ones removed or renamed?

Back
Top Bottom