[Idea]Group Abilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Wu-long

Sergeant Knight at Arms
That would be a nice ability to have to rally all near by units and have them march in formation many mods do have formation however they do fail to have the units march within formation. I feel as if when you can have your units march within formation it would take away the cavalries natural advantage against Nords and etc. Cause it would allow you to utilize the strategic game-play to the maximan potential.

Wedge-for cavalries and make it so cav's can't hold this position while marching unless they go below couch speed.
Square-for infantry allow to march in square formation for players who are safe guarding a special unit aka bard/player's child/ or monk.
Rectangle-Specialized for open cavalry charge or for holding position for the ranged units.

Perhaps this can be affected by tactics?

The rally feature will hopefully be in V0.63. What I hope it will do is that when you shout a warcry, nearby men will go back to fighting.

As for the formations, There are great OSP that do this, I must find the courage to add them  :oops:

Wu-long said:
But when you march the formation breaks at least thats what happens in the OSP versions.

I like the idea's but its up to Crom whether they get implemented that deeply it'd be nice to order troops into specific formations though :smile:

Wu-long said:
Aye it would maybe for a certain level only though funny to see Peasents unit and march like that lol

I agree seeing peasents marching in a line would be weird

haha well everyone has there own way of fighting, I normally find a hill, put the archers at the top, infantry just below and calvary to the side ready to charge :razz:

Ah the pull and flank. I do similar archers bait shoot while retreat til the infantry covers them the cav will then pull a charge attacking the enemy from the rear.

Wu-long said:
Ah the pull and flank. I do similar archers bait shoot while retreat til the infantry covers them the cav will then pull a charge attacking the enemy from the rear.

It all depends on the numbers I'm up against as well, if lots then I try keep the army together and not too  wide spread

Wu-long said:
Little numbers? Psh i'm known for using large forces. It's not quality it is numbers overwhlem them.  :mrgreen:

haha numbers are awesome, but I'm known (to myself lol) as someone who thrives under being out numbered

Wu-long said:
Eh I use a bunch of mid tierd men key is to overwhelm the enemy quickly before they regroup merciless is mercy :lol:

haha that works too, I focus on getting certain hero's who are good with training, or I make them good at it, then I get recruits and build them up into there mean machines... Nord infantry, Veigir Archers, infantry and Calvalry, Swardia Cavalry and thats the base of my army normally lol

schmidy said:
Wu-long said:
Eh I use a bunch of mid tierd men key is to overwhelm the enemy quickly before they regroup merciless is mercy :lol:

haha that works too, I focus on getting certain hero's who are good with training, or I make them good at it, then I get recruits and build them up into there mean machines... Nord infantry, Veigir Archers, infantry and Calvalry, Swardia Cavalry and thats the base of my army normally lol

Troops overwhelm I take over powered strength heroes on horse back and smash people apart xb

Back
Top Bottom