How to make town visit required ?

Users who are viewing this thread

pino69

Squire
Hello,

I know the must is to bypass town visit with quick menus. But I want to make it different and require player to go in the town to access tavern, armourer, grocery etc... no more quick access.
I would like also do it for the villages, requiring to go in the village to talk to elder and no more direct products buying through a flat menu.
I'm unsing WB 1.134 + Diplomacy + PBO.
Anybody to give me the code (module system),  with details on where to put that or that (I'm not a good programer), or the modification for the text files ?

Thanks 4 your answers

pino69 said:
Hello,

I know the must is to bypass town visit with quick menus. But I want to make it different and require player to go in the town to access tavern, armourer, grocery etc... no more quick access.
I would like also do it for the villages, requiring to go in the village to talk to elder and no more direct products buying through a flat menu.
I'm unsing WB 1.134 + Diplomacy + PBO.
Anybody to give me the code (module system),  with details on where to put that or that (I'm not a good programer), or the modification for the text files ?

Thanks 4 your answers
So your saying you want the player to not have the quick options in a town but make them walk inside the town scene? Well you have to use the module system in order to do that.

Yes, sure I have.
I just want to know what code I've to delete or # to do it, and in which .py file it is located.
I suppose there's something to do with module_game_menu, but without clues....
Thanks for the code and user indications.

Just find the matching description string and modify the condition of the menu option (if you remove the option entirely, the passages will no longer work either). Add (eq, 1, 0) at the top of the condition block so that it always evaluates as false and hides it from the user.

I managed to disable a majority of menus.
But I've got a problem with go_to_the_marketplace which leads to syntax errors when compiling.
I suppose it's because of price assessment which appears in that menu but is not accessible elsewhere. I tried to disable "assess_prices" entry in the "town_trade" menu but it doesnt' work.
Please help, it's the last entry I want to disable but also the more important one !

Thanks for your help.

EDIT :
Just as a side note : what would be cool would be to add assess prices dialog to the shopkeeper dialog menu in order to keep that possibility alive. And disable the "Go to the marketplace" entry in the town menu.

I just saw that the dialog exists, so, no problem. So I wonder why it doesn't want to compile...
That's the involved code which creates syntax errors, in the file "module_game_menu.py". Is the (eg, 1,0) to the right place ?

Code:
      ("trade_with_merchants",
       [
           (party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town)
        (eq, 1, 0)],
         "Go to the marketplace.",
         [
           (try_begin),
             (call_script, "script_cf_enter_center_location_bandit_check"),
           (else_try),
             (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town_trade"),
           (try_end),
          ]),

Thanks for the help. That's the last one.

When a code block enclosed in a list (square brackets) has only one line, the comma (and even round brackets) may be omitted. However, you've added another line, and the above no longer applies. You can, of course, remove the party_slot_eq and the rest of the menu option, since it will have no effect.

Yep, you just need to add a comma to the end of the command before your equality check. All operations must be separated by commas...unless they are the last operation in a block ]  EDIT...as Somebody describes already... heh.

Back
Top Bottom