How to install a Mod for Mount&Blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing comes down from the dropdown (look for sandbox) and you hadn´t had the launcher open the whole time but opened it after you installed it into the MnB modules folder (in order to update the dropdown list) it could be very well indeed that you didn´t extract it into the proper folder at all.

So go check your MnB modules folder wether or not it contains the folders named after the module you want to install. In PoP 2.05´s case, that´s a folder called "sandbox". And that folder should have all the information and data it needs. If it contains nothing but another single folder, just shift all the content up one branch and you´ll have your mod in the list if you update the launcher (close, open).

If it isn´t there, your Microsh!t software installed it somewhere else, so you need to track it down, delete the files (clean HDD and more space) and unpack it into the proper MnB module folder and not into your download section or anywhere else your zip program want´s to put files by default.

2805em9.jpg

This is how its supposed to look like, correct?

If not... Tell me where I should be putting them.

Both of these mods do not show up on the dropbox... Just the 'Native' one.

Sorry about the size of the image.
I didn't bother resizing it.

That looks like the wrong module folder. If it was the right folder than the Native folder should be inside. Did you install the game through Steam or M&B download page?

And you need to unrar/unzip the mod before putting it in the Module folder or it won't work.

I did use steam...

I searched in the steam program files and could only find icons of the games... not the actual data.

Where do I find the correct files?

Does any1 know how to install a mod if u download via steam i dnt get the Mount&Blade folder with the Moudle file inside of it so im not really sure how to do this.

Britania said:
Does any1 know how to install a mod if u download via steam i dnt get the Mount&Blade folder with the Moudle file inside of it so im not really sure how to do this.

C: drive > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > mount and blade > Modules

When i follow all directions and start the game it gets to the loading screen then I get an Error message reading:

Error, Could not open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf

how to fix?

@Flow_Monkey - I'd recommend that next time you read the FAQ stickied on the first page of the PoP forum - that's why it is titled "Read Before Posting" - PoP 3 is for M&B V.1011.  Your error message shows you are trying to play it as a Warband mod.  Put it in your modules folder for M&B V 1.011 and it will load just fine.

FAQ Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124716.0.html

Quote from FAQ: "2. PROPHESY OF PENDOR 3 IS MADE FOR M&B v 1.011.  You cannot play it with Warband, so please don't report that it won't load. (Error message: costumes_a.brf error)"

Taleworlds also sneaked in a patch/upgrade for V 1.011 - download that from the Taleworlds page and then put PoP 3 in its modules folder. 

(Edit) If you have problems with the mod,  there is also a section for problem-solving in the FAQ and an extra patch for people with Vista/Win 7 who have problems with crashes. Link to Stability Pack: http://www.filefront.com/17214224/POP3 Stability Pack.rar

A great deal has changed from PoP 2.5 to PoP 3, so reading over the FAQ will answer a lot of questions, too.

When I start it up it freezes on the loading screen at Processing INI file So I alt+tab and there is an error box saying Unable to open file: CommonRes\arabian_horses.brf. Helps please?

@Balls - have you looked at the list of suggestions we have repeatedly given in the Support thread?  I have posted this list at least a dozen times in the support threads.  Next time, try the Search function.  If you have a problem, the place to look is Support for PoP 3, Warband.

We are aware that there is a problem for some Steam version users - switch to the CD or download Warband versions.

It is also possible that you may have a corrupt download and/or some corrupt files - redownload both Warband V 1.134 (latest update) redownload PoP V 3.2 then download the patch for PoP 3 which makes it work with V 1.134.

Did you try any (or all) of these things:

Did you install the Warband upgrade V 1.134 and then install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134?

Did you recently upgrade Nvidia drivers?  If so, roll them back to the older ones.
Do you have ATI drivers - read Treebeard's guide - stickied on first page - to see if you can get help there.  He just added an update to that, the last paragraph, titled "Update."

Reduce corpses and ragdolls to a very low number or even 0
Switch from DX9 to DX 7
When you start Warband go to Configure - Video - Check the box which says "Load Textures on Demand"
When you start Warband go to Configure - Advanced - UNcheck the box which says "Force Single Threading"
Reduce Battle Sizer to under 150 per battle if you are using it then gradually inch up the numbers until you hit crash level

When the game loads go to "Options" - Reduce shadow quality to "low" & reduce texture quality to "low" & shader quality to "Medium" & Grass Density to 50% & Realistic shadows on plants to either "quick" or "none" & Tree detail to "medium"

Eliminate unnecessary programs running in the background

Check that your video and audio drivers are up to date

Memory can be an issue - the game's use of your ATI memory, if you have an ATI card, as Treebeard explained in the ATI guide.

This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems: (10th time posted links in this thread)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

If you have not tried any and/or all of the above suggestions, I'd suggest trying some of these solutions.  Many people posting in this thread have had similar issues which were corrected by one or a combination of the above.  Don't dismiss a solution just because you think it has no relation to your problem - it may well have, but you will never find out unless you try a few.

I had to re-download Warband. It works fine now, thank you for the help and I apologise for not reading through all the help first and taking up your time. Thanks heaps.

how do I unpack or unzip a rar file? I still dont get it. I understand a zip file perfectly...its rar that I dont get...

saxondragon said:
lacrossewalk said:
I understand I just don't know where to put the rar files...

Any directory will do.  I have a habit of creating a temporary directory called "Temp downloads".  c:\temp_download\

Put the .rar or zip file there, then unpack or unzip it.

Best,
saxondragon

@kozakyespana:

1) Google WinRar and download free test version - good for 40 days - follow installation instructions it gives you
2) Download rar file to desktop -> open -> Warband -> modules -> PoP 3
3) Drag rar file into PoP 3 folder
4) Right click on rar file
5) Choose option "extract here"
6) Let files overwrite those it is designed to overwrite - just choose "yes to all" when it asks should it overwrite

I put this twice already in the "PoP Information and Download" sticky, too.

guys i have problem with the Prophesy of Pendor mode...
all the time im trying to play the Prophesy of Pendor mode i get in the loading screen to the game this:
"RGL ERROR: Unable to open file:CommonRes\Weapon_meshes_e.brf"
but in the Native mode the game works perfect... some 1 can help me plz...

LordKFearnar said:
guys i have problem with the Prophesy of Pendor mode...
all the time im trying to play the Prophesy of Pendor mode i get in the loading screen to the game this:
"RGL ERROR: Unable to open file:CommonRes\Weapon_meshes_e.brf"
but in the Native mode the game works perfect... some 1 can help me plz...
First off, YOUR SOUL WILL BE DEVOURED AND QUALIS GEMS WILL BE HUNG IN FRONT OF YOUR AS OUR INVOKERS SUMMON THE DEMONS OUT OF THE NETHER REALMS FOR YOUR NECROMANCY. GRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
Secondly, make sure it's not the Warband version you're trying to put into the original game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom