Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Krafter said:
Dude, in case you didn't figure out by now:
Code:
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
that is how you add server to the list, set this to 1, not 0.
Also, remove the get_add_to_game_servers_list it doesn't SET anything it just GETS the variable and displays it.
And use mb_warband_dedicated.exe not the steam version.

Since no one answered this simple question I guess no one here can help me with my Linux problem either :S

[5aDiv]HiddenKnight said:
My computer:
Fx 8350
Sapphire dual oc 280x
Mother: 970 MSI Gaming
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Ports: 7241,7242,7243,7244,7245,
Firewall exceptions ports and the program,
I dont can see my server on the online list and my friend either.
I have this post:
Code:
set_pass_admin *****
set_server_name Testing
set_welcome_message Welcome!

set_max_players 5 6

set_add_to_game_servers_list 0        

set_mission conquest                  

set_map scene_1                       

set_factions 0 0                      

set_team_point_limit 0                
set_force_default_armor 2             

set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0         

set_num_bots_voteable 50              

set_valid_vote_ratio 60               

set_starting_gold 1500                

set_combat_gold_bonus 500             
set_map_time_limit 1440               

set_round_max_seconds 600             
set_upload_limit 580000               
set_respawn_period 5

set_maps_voteable 0

set_kick_voteable 1

set_ban_voteable 0

set_control_block_direction 1

set_combat_speed 2

set_port 7240
set_steam_port 7242
get_add_to_game_servers_list
start
and
Code:
mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r PW_server_cfg.txt -m PW

should put dedicated_server_steam.exe or with dedicated_server.exe?
or with normal use and I steam my friend too.
Also and trying to put on the official list in the admin panel, get_add_to_game_servers_list command ingame, just let me put it to 0 to 1 does not? Should put it like this: get_add_to_game_servers_list 0 or get_add_to_game_servers_list (set to 0)
I Took a week proving things i appreciate the help
Sorry, I've noticed this for a while, but I was figuring the more experience person in this thread would deal with it... Is there anyway you can check if you can see it on LAN? From Other PC's on your network?

Hey guys. Been playing this game a long time and have been stalking the forums just as long. Great guide.

I have created my own how-to for setting up dedicated servers in Linux. It is basically a more in depth, start to finish, guide for CentOS (Also works for Fedora).
hXXps://www.atlantic.net/community/howto/set-mount-blade-warband-dedicated-server-centos/
**Please ignore the fact that I work at a hosting company. I'm simply an avid Warband fan that believes Linux is the way to go for dedicated servers.

To Krafter:
#!/bin/sh
wine mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic Wars
Any reason you are trying to run it as a script? Why not just create another batch file with just "mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic Wars" in it?

NothingUnknown said:
HELP WTF
MY FRIEND IS IN THE GAME MY SERVER BUT I CANT JOIN MY OWN GAME!!!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Please refrain from typing in all capslock and spamming emote icons.
You should be able to join your own game if you switch the Server filter from Internet or Favorites to LAN (Local Area Network) and your server, if up, should pop up to join with 0 ping if you are hosting from your own computer.

How do I host more than one server? I have the TDM .bat file opened but when I open another gamemode it closes the TDM and open the another one. So how do I host multiple servers then?  :???:

And how do I add the Arena map? Just the Arena? I remove all the ''add_map'' and just put the ''set_map''? And how do I do that? I put in ''set_map arena'' but ingame the map is Random plains.  :???:

In the configuration file, 'set_map' defines the map which is going to be started first, the 'add_map' instruction simply add them to the map rotation.
The map is not started most likely because you did not input the right name. Look at other config files for the format and compare it to maps in the folder 'Modules/<YourMod>/SceneObj'.

If you want to change the map in game simply connect as admin by inputting the admin pass in the pass rectangle (in the server browser list), then press ESCAPE and open the administrator panel.

In the SceneObj there is a lot of Arena's, which one is the ''Multiplayer Arena''? The one that everybody plays? And one more question: No one joined my server, I was trying to know why, because in my country we dont have so many servers, a low ping one would be cool, so I asked to one of the clans from my country if they could join properly, they said no because a error appears saying ''Invalid serial key''. ( I noticed that same error when trying to join new servers, maybe that is why most of them are not so successful?) Obs: Their games are original, bought from steam.

Hi sorry for bad English! I have a VPS in my country and i run a native server on it. but i have small lags. that VPS has 1024 ram, one core cpu and a ssd pro hard. for first and second day that was good but from third day i have lags.

Depends of the amount amount of slots you are currently using.
What OS is your VPS running on ?

Alos, the specs you pointed seem a bit low (but still, depends of the slot number you're running).

Hi, I use windows server 2008 R2 enterprise 64 bit. I just run one native server ( a team deathmatch ).
this part of your reply : depends of the slot number you're running    I dont get it  :sad:

ehsan1991 said:
Hi, I use windows server 2008 R2 enterprise 64 bit. I just run one native server ( a team deathmatch ).
this part of your reply : depends of the slot number you're running    I dont get it  :sad:
The size of the server (maximum number of players/bots) will determine the specifications the server will need to run without performance issues.  So a 100 slot server will require far more resources than a 10 slot.

Ok, so i followed along Exactly but when i run a server of commander battle it shows up as a game of battle and the name of "yourSERVERNAME"
and i cant admin

i have  try dedicated warband server files  buy  when i use  run  dedicated_steam.exe      at all  it says    steam server insitalizion  failed  !
why ?
help me
i want run  my servers on Steam

Back
Top Bottom