Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I goto my command prompt and type ipconfig to get my IP, which seems to be needed for me to forward UDP port7240. I enter my default gateway IP, but when I click "save settings" on my router control panel I get the message - "IP address is conflicted with LAN IP, please enter again."

My router to foward ports on is my wireless thing, right? Dink655.

Balion-Romans said:
Hi,

I goto my command prompt and type ipconfig to get my IP, which seems to be needed for me to forward UDP port7240. I enter my default gateway IP, but when I click "save settings" on my router control panel I get the message - "IP address is conflicted with LAN IP, please enter again."

My router to foward ports on is my wireless thing, right? Dink655.
Your Default Gateway is actually your router's IP address which is typically 192.168.0.1 or .0. You need the IPv4 Address which is the IP given to your computer by the router, if you don't have a static IP.  The number should be something like 192.168.0.100 or 105.

What you're doing is forwarding the port through the router for a specific machine logged onto the network.

My router should be good:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t6v87

..and so should my firewall

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ma3po

I also did port checker and they said it was open, but they couldnt ping my router, but when I run the dedicated .bat I dont see my server, and I'm alone so just using the HOST button in game - I cant check to see if its up.

-

NEVERMIND. it works it works it works!

I tried everything but my server won't appear at the server list. Just showing up in '' Local Area Network ''  :sad:

Schakal333 said:
I tried all of that and nothing works D:
You're not learning!  :mad:

You either:

A. Haven't forwarded the port in your router properly.
B. Haven't given permissions through your firewall.  (Check for additional firewalls.  Antivirus, ect.)
C. Have some type of error in the launching .txt
D. Have filtered your server out with the browser filter.

Start small.  Check the port forwarding and just try to host a game through Warband with a friend checking for it in-game.  Read through the text when you launch the server and look for errors, especially around the port.  If you're hosting a different module you'll need that module in the Dedicated Server's module folder, not just your games.

All this has been typed before and many, many people have said the same "I did everything and it doesn't work."  It works 100% of the time 100% of the instructions are followed.  Lean more on you getting it incorrect than the guide being incorrect.  This will place you in the right frame of mind to troubleshoot the problem.

No offense intended, it took me a time or two when I first started as well.  Just keep at it.  :razz:

Alright,

A: Done [I also tried 192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.105 ]
dlink.png

B: Done
firewallua.png

C: No Errors but some warnings
warningst.png

D: No I didn't use the browser filter

I also started a server through Warband but Elmir couldn't find it [ Also tried 192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.105 here ]

When I try to host a game with '' Sample_Battle_Start '' and through Warband at the same time I get an error and Warband crashs but I think it's normal, isn't it?

errorbd.png

Here is my Sample_Battle.txt configuration:

set_pass_admin password
set_server_name Schakal
set_welcome_message Hallo Welt
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
set_mission multiplayer_bt
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
set_max_players 10 10
set_num_bots_voteable 0
set_map multi_scene_1
add_map multi_scene_2
add_map multi_scene_4
add_map multi_scene_7
add_map multi_scene_9
add_map multi_scene_11
add_map multi_scene_12
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map random_multi_plain_large
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map random_multi_steppe_large
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_3
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_6
set_randomize_factions 1
set_team_point_limit 10
set_upload_limit 2300000
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

What is your computer's IP address?  You have 100 and say you tried 101 & 105.  You have to use the specific IP your computer is using. 

So Start -> Type "cmd" in the search box -> Type "ipconfig" in the prompt -> Will produce your IPv4 (your IP address)

Which will look like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see mine is 192.168.0.102...and yours is probably different if you haven't setup a static IP.  Check this.

A static IP is recommended if your server will be up for extended periods of time and you want your friends to be able to "Favorite" it.  If the IP changes due to dynamic IP, they again won't see the server without searching for it again.

Also what Fehnor said.  You need the set_port = 7240 (or different port if hosting module with different port)

Hi,
thanks for the great thread! Works fine!

Now I cant find answers here or somewhere esle... I looking to add new maps on the server.

First I add on Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/Scenes/name_maps.sco
Then I edit Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/scenes.txt and add something like this
Code:
scn_islandcastle islandcastle 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002200005000005f57b00005885000046bd00006d9c
 sea_outer_terrain_2
for each maps. But, after reboot, I cant change map...

Same question for add mod (native armory expansion), adding new file (script + item_kind) in Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/
Once again, nothing change... what did I miss?

Thanks for ans,
NimS

NimS_ said:
Hi,
thanks for the great thread! Works fine!

Now I cant find answers here or somewhere esle... I looking to add new maps on the server.

First I add on Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/Scenes/name_maps.sco
Then I edit Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/scenes.txt and add something like this
Code:
scn_islandcastle islandcastle 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000002200005000005f57b00005885000046bd00006d9c
 sea_outer_terrain_2
for each maps. But, after reboot, I cant change map...

Same question for add mod (native armory expansion), adding new file (script + item_kind) in Mount&Blade Dedicated Server/Module/Native/
Once again, nothing change... what did I miss?

Thanks for ans,
NimS

Well really you are walking the line between hosting a server and modding here, especially with the native armory expansion and new items.  Most of the items additions you will need to look to The Forge to truly grasp it.  I'll try to explain the map addition and we'll go from there.

What it sounds like is you are trying to load the map as Admin on the server.  In order for that to happen the change needs to be on the client side, not just the server.  This is where it can become difficult by not writing custom module for yourself and the server because in Native you don't have additional map slots.  Using an admin mod such as ENL or MadMin will provide custom map slots for you.

So by using these you can change the terrain code in the scenes.txt for snc_custom_scene_1 and change the name of your map .sco to scn_custom_scene_1.sco and place it in the server (and the client if wanted but you'll autodownload it) "Sceneobj" folder.  So then go ingame and from the admin panel choose the appropriate Custom Scene # (which in this example it Custom Map #1) and it will load.

A few good tutorials are found in the forge about setting to create your own custom modules as well as adding custom scenes to it.

Possibly because the list is in a database on the master server, the servers are stored in the database in a certain order and your game is updating/filtering the list as it is retrieving the information from the database?

Back
Top Bottom