Horses Mod (20 horses (and some armors) for download)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel said:
Thanks guys. The look good enough for your liking Volkier ? :grin:

That's a pretty good draught horse Winter. Only the hoofs look a bit like paws, maybe the mesh could be extended to the back of the feet, to show them covered in hair hanging down, like this:
| |
|  \
not like this:
| |
  \ \

Raz, may'be I'll try to find a camel and make a second texture for your camel mesh. Will you guys use any of these horses in Holy War?
True, the big hoofs should be hair. Actually, it should be like this:
I'll definately include your horses in the Holy War mod, if you allow me to, along with craftmod. That'd be awesome :smile: If you'd like to find me a new texture for the camel, go ahead, it'll be more difficult than horse texturing I think, because I gimped parts from all camels into 1 texture. It was about time somebody did some more horses like these :wink:

Of course you're allowed to use the horses in you mod Raz, (as well as everyone else). That's why I released them separately from my mod, so that I could play with them in other mods :grin:

And I still have about 6-8 good horse textures to make. Gotta find the time to do it.

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to seeing new textures for your horses. If you want me to do any changes in the horses meshes or so, just ring a bell :wink:

kabex, those azteca horses do look great:

52_azteca1.jpg

But I haven't found a single picture that I could use yet.

And check out this one :grin:

archiegirls.jpg

I like them all bar the black and white piebald one, while actually my favourite, its eyes are demented and really need changing.

Yeah Hussey, he's a crazy looking horse. But the real horse has those same eyes. They're just a bit misplaced on the texture. I may fix it, or I may leave it like that, maybe someone will make a joke mod with clowns :grin:

very nice Chel!

hmm...It seems to me that the horses are rather small, I wonder if it would be possible to mod big horses into this,
and then it would give more meaning to a warhorse, and you could even make ponies :smile:

:???: Hey i'm having a lot of trouble getting these horses in game...Is there any chance some really, really nice person could mod them in and upload them somewhere? :mrgreen:

Man, wow. Armagan would do well to include these in the original game...the original horses were nice and all but they get boring fast...this really makes for a very welcome change.

Glad you guys like them. Hope you'll use some of them in your mods so that I can play with them in mods other than mine :grin:

Merda, depending on what you want to do I may be able to help you.

The easiest thing to do is replace the vanilla saddle horse and the hunter horse with two of these (becaue there are all based on saddle or hunter horse texture and mesh). To do that remove the "_number" from the texture names of one saddle and one hunter horse of your choice in the Textures folder and place these two into the mod's folder that you are playing.

If you want to do something more, write exactly what you want to do.

Otherwise, all of these horses are in my mod (Expanded Gameplay), and hopefully some other mods will use them (I think Raz will put some in Holy War he said).

Haha Chel I'm such a tool...I was sitting the marvelling at these horses in the new update thinking "damn that guy was fast nabbing Chel's horses for this mod...sweet"  Never bothered checking the mod maker's name  :lol: Awesome mod and awesome horses dude keep it up!!

P.S who made that ornamental khergit outfit it looks fantastic  :mrgreen:

Chel said:
Glad you guys like them. Hope you'll use some of them in your mods so that I can play with them in mods other than mine :grin:

Merda, depending on what you want to do I may be able to help you.

The easiest thing to do is replace the vanilla saddle horse and the hunter horse with two of these (becaue there are all based on saddle or hunter horse texture and mesh). To do that remove the "_number" from the texture names of one saddle and one hunter horse of your choice in the Textures folder and place these two into the mod's folder that you are playing.

If you want to do something more, write exactly what you want to do.

Otherwise, all of these horses are in my mod (Expanded Gameplay), and hopefully some other mods will use them (I think Raz will put some in Holy War he said).

:smile: Well, I won't be using them in any mods (because I am hopeless at modding XD) Just kinda for total eyecandy in M&B. I've always wanted new horses in the game - and I think M&B needs them. I'd rather not replace the existing horses. It would be great to clone/create the meshes for them, add the textures...Etc...Just generally add all the new horses into the game somehow (but I don't know how to do that).
Myeah so, nothing special. Just personal use, I suppose.

If you're hopeless at modding, I can't really help you :grin:
But if you have Unofficial Editor installed, you can add them to the vanilla game easy enough with it.
First thing, backup your Modules/Native/ folder.

Place the files from Horses13 into Modules/Native/ folder.
Then in module_info.txt make sure you have
scan_module_textures = 1 and not 0.

Also add these lines to module_info.txt

load_module_resource = darkmod_textures
load_module_resource = darkmod_materials
load_module_resource = horse_meshes

Save the file.
The open the Native module with Unofficial Editor, make a 5 copies of the saddle horse and 8 copies of the hunter horse and add them (Edit>Copy, then Edit>Add copied I think).
Then for each of the horses you added, go to Meshes tab and change the mesh to saddle_horse_one, saddle_horse_two, hunting_horse_one... and so on.
You can also adjust their stats in the Properties tab.

Now these horses will appear in merchants.
To add them to the Zendar chest, go to the Troops view, find zendar chest in the list and add the horses to its inventory. They will only appear if you start a new game though.
To make the enemy units ride them you need to replace the vanilla horses with the ones you added in the troops's inventories.

The save and it should work.

Chel said:
If you're hopeless at modding, I can't really help you :grin:
But if you have Unofficial Editor installed, you can add them to the vanilla game easy enough with it.
First thing, backup your Modules/Native/ folder.

Place the files from Horses13 into Modules/Native/ folder.
Then in module_info.txt make sure you have
scan_module_textures = 1 and not 0.

Also add these lines to module_info.txt

load_module_resource = darkmod_textures
load_module_resource = darkmod_materials
load_module_resource = horse_meshes

Save the file.
The open the Native module with Unofficial Editor, make a 5 copies of the saddle horse and 8 copies of the hunter horse and add them (Edit>Copy, then Edit>Add copied I think).
Then for each of the horses you added, go to Meshes tab and change the mesh to saddle_horse_one, saddle_horse_two, hunting_horse_one... and so on.
You can also adjust their stats in the Properties tab.

Now these horses will appear in merchants.
To add them to the Zendar chest, go to the Troops view, find zendar chest in the list and add the horses to its inventory. They will only appear if you start a new game though.
To make the enemy units ride them you need to replace the vanilla horses with the ones you added in the troops's inventories.

The save and it should work.

:grin: Thankyou, very much.

Back
Top Bottom