Help with Map Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

coolguyz

Sergeant at Arms
Hi everyone,

not new here, but I've not posted in a while, just lurking in the shadows.....

I have a question for the experiences mapmaker (single player)

I've tried to make a map of Europe with the map editor, but every time I tried to import my basic map groundtype bmp file (basically all the landmass = plains, and water=ocean) the result is slanted off to the side. I've checked the size of everything (bmp file = 250x250 px, new map = 500x500, and mesh density=0.5)

Can anyone help?

cheers

You might wanna try to edit the border size in your settings.cfg.

BorderSize=0 or whatever you need/want.

Hope this helps.

I don't know what you mean by "slanted off to the side".
There is a couple OSP maps of Europe up for grabs anyway
E.g. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,69143.msg1792987.html#msg1792987

Yea I've seen a couple of those OSP Europe maps, but I'm making/looking for one that includes a big part of North Africa as well. slanted off meant the "rectangular" import basically turned into a parallelogram, if you get what I mean

This is my ground types bmp:

mapgroundtypesc.png

And a screenshot of what happens :razz:

screendo.jpg

I think this happens if your mapsize is not correct. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it that time but it happened to me, too. Check if the size of your picture is the same as your settings in the editor. Playing around with that might help...but oh, well, I can't remember anymore.

The New map setting is 500x400 tiles, density 0.5

and my picture is 250x200px..... is this correct?

Try to decrease width or height a bit and see what it does. I have a huge picture but a small setting and the program seems to scale it down so it can make use of it. I think you can tweak this a bit with changing one the side so that it fits in the end. Well, with this I run out of ideas. :neutral:

Hope this helps.

sorry for the double post, but I seemed to have fixed it by using a larger bmp file for importing into Thorgrim's map editor  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom