Guild of craftsmen

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok i really dont get how to add diplomacy to a mod..when i download the sources i see the py files but i cant find them in the module folder anywhere...so yeah any ideas? thanks

JEbach said:
Ok i really dont get how to add diplomacy to a mod..when i download the sources i see the py files but i cant find them in the module folder anywhere...so yeah any ideas? thanks

I'm not quite understanding what your saying but when you download diplomacy the source files (.py files) don't come with it. You need to download them seperatly here (http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1975 Waihti always places the newest version of diplomacies source codes here for future reference.

As far as adding diplomacy to anther mod I don't know how to do that. You would have to merge as they state above or know how to code and take out his code and make it fit with yours which can be tricky especially since he adds troops.

So I decided to build Age of Change using this mod as it's core. Since Age of change v1 wasn't using the module system I'm re-building the mod.
I've been so far unsucessful getting auto-loot to work with this mod. Compile works but no menu with the companions.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get autoloot to implement with warband/diplomacy?
So far the only mod i've seen with autoloot in warband is custom commander but his code is custom.

Also i just wanted to say great work. This really makes M&B much more enjoyable to play.

doc82nd said:
So I decided to build Age of Change using this mod as it's core. Since Age of change v1 wasn't using the module system I'm re-building the mod.
I've been so far unsucessful getting auto-loot to work with this mod. Compile works but no menu with the companions.

Well, I haven't tried to integrate it, yet. We currently have a thread about third party mods going. Perhaps I will integrate it later, depending on the results. But it has no high priority currently.

Well i've already thrown in a few other MAJOR mods and they are working perfectly.
I'd be happy to share them with you :smile:

I merged Custom commander, among other scripts with your mod and all I have to say is.... Wow.
it makes for somee of the best gamplay and I havent even done troop tree, or items yet.

doc82nd said:
Well i've already thrown in a few other MAJOR mods and they are working perfectly.
I'd be happy to share them with you :smile:

I merged Custom commander, among other scripts with your mod and all I have to say is.... Wow.
it makes for somee of the best gamplay and I havent even done troop tree, or items yet.

I won't integrate custom commander in Diplomacy.

Ok,
Just letting you know i was sucessfully able to merge them together. Its a nice combination of features, i've been enjoying testing it

Hey i am wondering if diplomacy can be merged with age of Change. 2 greats mods. Can anyone help me merge these mods?

jake4426 said:
Hey i am wondering if diplomacy can be merged with age of Change. 2 greats mods. Can anyone help me merge these mods?

It's possible and as far as I know the Age of Change team is currently working on the new version of Age of Change with Diplomacy included. Read the post by doc82nd here for further information.

I've been able to merge Custom Commander, diplomacy and various other scripts from the forums.

Heres the thing, you have to use custom commander as your base mod, and than apply all other scripts(ie diplomacy) while removing the ones you dont want from custom commander. Took me a good day of trial and error and i'm still balancing things out from Rubik's mod. So far they are working wonderfully :smile: And once the mod is done the source will be released with the modifcation as an OSP.

Hey guys, been toying around with Diplomacy and I have to say that its quite awesome. Thanks for the time you put into this. Now, i'm currently working on a personal mod using yours as a base but I've ran into a little snag. In my mod, I've added a custom troop tree to the player faction and modified the village recruitment script to change the type of recruits you get to be based on the owning faction. When I personally go and recruit from my villages, I am able to recruit my "Calradian Recruits", but I'm having issues getting the recruiters to recruit my men. I modified the 2 sections in module_dialogs that would let me choose my nations recruit types here in green...

# Recruiter kit begin
  [trp_dplmc_recruiter, "start", [], "Hello {reg65?madame:sir}. If it's ok to you, I would like to get on with my assignment.", "dplmc_recruiter_talk",[]],
  [trp_dplmc_recruiter|plyr, "dplmc_recruiter_talk", [], "Ok, keep going.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],
  [trp_dplmc_recruiter|plyr, "dplmc_recruiter_talk", [], "I want you to recruit different troops.", "dplmc_recruiter_talk_2",[]],

[trp_dplmc_recruiter, "dplmc_recruiter_talk_2", [
  (party_get_slot, reg1, "$g_encountered_party", dplmc_slot_party_recruiter_needed_recruits),
  (party_get_slot, ":recruit_faction", "$g_encountered_party", dplmc_slot_party_recruiter_needed_recruits_faction),

(store_sub, ":eek:ffset", ":recruit_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
  (val_add, ":eek:ffset", "str_player_supporters_faction_adjective"),
  (str_store_string, s1, ":eek:ffset"),   

], "My current task is to recruit {reg1} {s1} troops for you. Should I recruit different soldiers from now on?", "dplmc_recruiter_talk_3",[]],
  [trp_dplmc_recruiter|plyr, "dplmc_recruiter_talk_3", [], "No, keep going.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],

[trp_dplmc_recruiter|plyr|repeat_for_factions, "dplmc_recruiter_talk_3",
  [
    (store_repeat_object, ":faction_no"),
    (is_between, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
    (store_sub, ":eek:ffset", ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(str_store_string, s11, ":eek:ffset"),   
    ],
  "{s11}.", "dplmc_recruiter_talk_4",
  [
      (assign, "$temp", ":faction_no"),
    ]],

[trp_dplmc_recruiter|plyr, "dplmc_recruiter_talk_3", [], "Recruit any troops.", "dplmc_recruiter_talk_4",[(assign,"$temp",-1)]],

[trp_dplmc_recruiter, "dplmc_recruiter_talk_4", [(party_set_slot, "$g_encountered_party", dplmc_slot_party_recruiter_needed_recruits_faction, "$temp")], "Sure {reg65?madame:sir}. I will. Anything else you want?", "dplmc_recruiter_talk",[]],

and here...

[anyone|plyr|repeat_for_factions, "dplmc_constable_recruit_select",
  [
    (is_between, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
    (store_sub, ":eek:ffset", ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(str_store_string, s11, ":eek:ffset"),   
    ],
  "{s11}.", "dplmc_constable_recruit_amount",
  [
      (assign, "$temp", ":faction_no"),
    ]],

I am able to select "Calradian" in the recruit type dialog but the recruiter just stays in one spot. I'm pretty sure I need to modify the section in simple_triggers but I'm not sure what to do exactly. Any ideas what I need to do?

After you choose the troops you want to recruit, the original faction of the villages the recruiter shall visit has to be stored in the $temp variable.

Unfortunately, my Calradian recruits can't be recruited from villages until I start my own kingdom so they are not part of any original faction. Also, if that's how it's coded, it may bug out later in the game if (for example) Swadia loses all of their starting territory and gets pushed somewhere else. I will be able to recruit troops from their "new" villages, but there will be no Swadian recruits available in their original villages. I may need to adjust my recruiting system. I'm not really happy about it right now anyway.

doc82nd said:
I've been able to merge Custom Commander, diplomacy and various other scripts from the forums.

Heres the thing, you have to use custom commander as your base mod, and than apply all other scripts(ie diplomacy) while removing the ones you dont want from custom commander. Took me a good day of trial and error and i'm still balancing things out from Rubik's mod. So far they are working wonderfully :smile: And once the mod is done the source will be released with the modifcation as an OSP.

Where have you been all my life? If you know how to merge AoC, Custom Commander, and Diplomacy could you please instruct me as to how I must go about doing so? After peering into almost every mod for Warband I decided upon those three, yet knew no one who could merge them. If you could help me out on this it would be much appreciated.

Veraxus5 said:
doc82nd said:

Where have you been all my life? If you know how to merge AoC, Custom Commander, and Diplomacy could you please instruct me as to how I must go about doing so? After peering into almost every mod for Warband I decided upon those three, yet knew no one who could merge them. If you could help me out on this it would be much appreciated.

You will get it when we release :smile: And it's AoCII, and the source will be included with the release. But if you don't know how to merge scripts, its really going to be too complicated to explain. its really not all that complicated, you just have to CTRL-F through all the code to find what was changed and just add that to your mod.. And compile after every change - sometimes you get conflicts that you have to move stuff around with but there werent too many between the code we took from custom commander and diplomacy.
They actually fit together very nicely.

doc82nd said:
Veraxus5 said:
doc82nd said:

You will get it when we release :smile: And it's AoCII, and the source will be included with the release. But if you don't know how to merge scripts, its really going to be too complicated to explain. its really not all that complicated, you just have to CTRL-F through all the code to find what was changed and just add that to your mod.. And compile after every change - sometimes you get conflicts that you have to move stuff around with but there werent too many between the code we took from custom commander and diplomacy.
They actually fit together very nicely.

I eagerly await your new release.  :grin: Keep up the good work, this game would suck without modders like yourself.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom