Groupfighting Tournament 3.0 - Revenge of the BOBODOBISTs [Finished]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hekko said:
So once again I am going to ask people for feedback, I'll add some specific questions that I want answers to, but feel free/obliged to comment on anything you want to!

Teamspeak whispers for information regarding arena numbers and teams: yay/nay?

"Pool"/Group system for the first round: yay/nay?

Number of combatants per team: yay/nay?

Groupfighting tournament 4.0 - A New patch (hopefully): yay/nay?

Anything else?

Teamspeak whisper : well, I wasn't in one but from what I saw information was getting through to team leaders fast and efficiently. So, yay.

Pool System : I actually really liked it. It allowed all teams, even the ones who did not reach the finals, to play more matches before being knocked out. I'd love to see it worked into the next tournament. Yay.

Team size : I think 5 is perfect and I think teams were averaging around 3-4 subs which seemed pretty acceptable. Our subs all got some action. Yay.

Groupfighting Tournament 4 : Great name! I was thinking the same thing  :grin: Although, I would prefer it if the tournament wasn't so soon after this one. Instead of a 2 / 3 week wait I think we should give it a 4 / 5 week break. I think it'd give more time for teams to get together and prepare, as this tournament emerged quite quickly and I think that is the reason why we got a 12 turnout opposed to 16.

Another reason to wait a little longer: if the new patch does come out soon I am sure we'll see a flood of new and old players coming to MM. If you give them enough time to get into the mod we may have a lot more interest in the tournament. (this is all in speculation of the patch ofcourse).

Other : I am not sure whether we got any film footage of this tournament (I hope so), but it would be nice to have a guarranteed filming of the Semi-Final and Final in future, and perhaps filming of the odd group stage/early stage match. It's great to watch back on the matches and to share them with other people.

And one more thing: when taking the winner/runner up photo I suggest: clearing out all the 3rd and 4th place players (as you can see some of them snuck into the photo) and also to turn off the text and score display.

But overall Groupfighting is conducted brilliantly! It's the most efficiently and professionally run gaming-tournament I've seen, and Hekko and his crew deserve a lot of credit for it!

Evan

Teamspeak whispers for information regarding arena numbers and teams: It was ok. Sometimes I couldn't hear Staines, but it didn't matter.

"Pool"/Group system for the first round: It's really good. Teams have to be rounded against each other according to skill, though - which you are probably already doing.

Number of combatants per team: I liked the numbers, Keep it the same please.

Groupfighting tournament 4.0 - A New patch (hopefully): Sure, great name there.

GG to the 13 :smile:

Teamspeak whispers for information regarding arena numbers and teams: yay
Of course ! it's better than if you talk on the server, 'cause some players who aren't looking for it can miss some informations.

"Pool"/Group system for the first round: yay
'Cause if one team loose the first match, it can still win the pool by winning versus the second team who would win versus the team who winned versus...Well, don't take care of this, just yay xD

Number of combatants per team: yay
Always yay, 5 is the better number for me.

Groupfighting tournament 4.0 - A New patch (hopefully): yay

A THOUSAND OF YAY !!!! One day French will win this tournament ! but not today, there are snails for diner :grin:

Back
Top Bottom