Ghenghis khhan vs alexander the great, who will win in a 20000 vs 20000 battle

• Genghis khan

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • alexander the great

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

LordNate77 said:
Yes but you must understand the point of view the Christians had: They had a Pope that told them if they traveled and killed "Heathans" in the Holy Land they would have a free passage into Heaven... Also, they considered the heathens infidels. If you study history you can see that Christains consider any other relgion inferor to there's which compels them to kill anything that doesnt beliveve in what they think. You must remember more people have been killed in the name of God than anything else.
LOL :lol:

Das Longbowman said:
LordNate77 said:
Das Longbowman said:
Eh, I'll probably go with Saladin.

He was the first and maybe the only man that was able to unite the racially and religiously disparate muslim groups under his leadership. One of the main reasons that the Crusaders had been succesful before Saladin was that local muslim rulers fought each other.

He also tended to be merciful and chivalrous in victory; So much that so he was admired and respected by both christians and muslims.

Saladin also displayed chivalry at times which put european knights to shame. At a time when the Crusaders slaughtered Muslims with abandon, Saladin allowed the Christian residents of Jerusalem to be ransomed for a small fee. Those who were unable to pay the fee were released free of charge.
Yes but you must understand the point of view the Christians had: They had a Pope that told them if they traveled and killed "Heathans" in the Holy Land they would have a free passage into Heaven... Also, they considered the heathens infidels. If you study history you can see that Christains consider any other relgion inferor to there's which compels them to kill anything that doesnt beliveve in what they think. You must remember more people have been killed in the name of God than anything else.

So what's your point? What are you trying to say?
When you were talking about Saladin putting the Knights to shame I was explaining why the Knights acted so un chivalry like... :smile:

LordNate77 said:
When you were talking about Saladin putting the Knights to shame I was explaining why the Knights acted so un chivalry like... :smile:

Oh please, so you think the Crusaders were that devoted? That's laughable (no offence bud). As far as I'm concerned the kings that participated in the Crusades didn't actually care about what the Pope said. They only went there for the riches and the chunks of land they can get their hands into. So it's quite exaggerating to say that the Crusaders killed a bunch of civilians just because the Pope said them to.

Das Longbowman said:
LordNate77 said:

Oh please, so you think the Crusaders were that devoted? That's laughable (no offence bud). As far as I'm concerned the kings that participated in the Crusades didn't actually care about what the Pope said. They only went there for the riches and the chunks of land they can get their hands into. So it's quite exaggerating to say that the Crusaders killed a bunch of civilians just because the Pope said them to.
Im sure it was a combination of both.

Cao Cao

pc_caocao.gif

001372ac9cf20ca3fda104.jpg

3kingdomsarmor.jpg

d067e51d635d11afa77007.jpg

imgd4aef01fzik0zj.jpeg

Cao-cao-2.jpg

the-ravages-of-time-548701.jpg

cn2QkT.jpg

Lev%C3%A9_de_lune_sur_le_Mont_Nanping_2.jpg

Cao_Cao_-_Chibi.jpg

The History channel's an awful source for absolutely anything.

Tactically I'd say Hannibal, but I know bugger all about his experience logistically, which is just as important.

I'd say the people who managed to make a large empire during their lifetime.
Or people who managed to **** up the world enough to make a distinct difference.

I'd probably say Alexander the Bigger than Usual. Although there are others too... Alex just has a better ring to it. His name is used as a honorific nickname to this day in some places he's been to.

I'd also say that old Bill Conquerant was pretty significant. Otherwise the words I've underlined wouldn't exactly be used at the moment in English.
Probably some words left out, but you get the point.

I voted Alexander. He may have been ****e at consolidating his conquests, but he never lost a battle. Philip's Macedonian phalanx wasn't perfect, especially unsupported, so it's a testimony to his skill that he kept achieving amazing victories throughout his life. His enemies weren't pushovers either.

for me best warlords or leaders of the ancient and medieval are Julius Caesar, Charlemagne, William the Conqueror, Alfred the Great, El Cid or Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, Hernan Cortes, Alexander The Great, Augustus,Hannibal,Constantine The Great, Justiniаn Тhe Great,Saladin,Richard The Lionheart,Philip Augustus of France,Khan Kubrat,  Elizabeth I, Osman (Ottoman Empire), Suleiman the Magnificent, Sultan Mehmed Fetih & other :smile:

Khan Kubrat? We know pretty much nothing specific about his actions. If anything, Asparuh (Ongal), Tervel (Constantinople) or Krum (Varbitsa Pass) would be better fitting in that category (or Ghabdula Chelbir (Samara Bend), from the Volga branch), though even then we hardly know specifics about them as commanders, not to mention any inclusion as "greatest commanders of the world".
Also, Justinian wasn't much of a commander - Belisarius and Narses would rather fill that role for him.

I voted for Genghis Khan. He could have invaded the whole Europe if he hadn't died by the wounds from falling off his horse.
So, I don't think even Alexander could've stop him.

Back
Top Bottom