OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruthven said:
Looks like Bannerlord has to really raise the bar if it's going to compete with Warband mods.  :razz:

The only thing I don't like is the new standart shaders. I'm guessing they look different in-game (especially while moving) but in the screenshots you posted, the "before" pictures look much nicer, I think. I also love M&B's colours, personally, so I'm biased against the desaturation right from the start. Real life is vibrant, too many war games go for the "gritty greyscale" look.

The snow on the map though, how does that work? Does snow affect every terrain type besides ocean/desert? Can you set a min map coordinate for the snow to peter out at? It seems that if all green grass will get the snow treatment, this could be limiting for some large maps that want to boast many biomes.
I couldn't possibly agree with you more. I hate how every landscape mod makes trees and grass such an ugly dark color, and the shaders just look like a strange blue glow. I'll bet these things can easily be fixed for personal use, though. Still, the other changes are amazing.

Also, could it be possible to have snow speckle the ground in winter battle scenes instead of battle maps just being completely snow covered? I mean in areas that normally aren't snowy. I especially like the idea of banners and cloaks blowing in the wind! Just imagine that! :shock:

Giggityninja said:
I couldn't possibly agree with you more. I hate how every landscape mod makes trees and grass such an ugly dark color, and the shaders just look like a strange blue glow. I'll bet these things can easily be fixed for personal use, though.
You will not be able to easily fix them for personal use. I can include the old default shaders though and people can simply revert back to those.

Giggityninja said:
Also, could it be possible to have snow speckle the ground in winter battle scenes instead of battle maps just being completely snow covered? I mean in areas that normally aren't snowy. I especially like the idea of banners and cloaks blowing in the wind! Just imagine that! :shock:
That is just a matter of adding new textures, once I release the pack people can change the textures at will - the ones I have made for winter trees are particular bad, I just made them quickly to demonstrate how it works.

This is one of those things that should've been in Warband from the very beginning.

scrdest said:
I hate to bother you, but what's the status on the release?
It is pretty much basically finished, however they're are loads of bugs with it. Got quite a few other projects on at the same time as well and this took a bit of a back seat. Ill look into getting it out in the next few days (as bug free as possible) :smile:

Well, seeing as it's literally one-of-a-kind thing, 'buggy as ****' is still more amazing than nothing at all. :razz:

But yeah, I really don't want to try to just crack a whip at you until you release ALL THE THINGS! (TM), you're a fricking miracle worker anyway.

Take your time. We wait 6 years for something like that and we are alive. I prefer to wait 2 month more for a perfect work.

Hello La Grandmaster I noticed that there's something wrong ingame that tends to deteriorate the normal maps and make them looks worse than what they could be.
I made a screenshot to show you precisely what the problem is, I assume that a possible cause could be the ambient colour shader but I'm not sure... what do you think?
Here the screen:

on the far right you can notice the problem I was talking about.

Airbar said:
Anything new on these shaders and when we will be able to test them?
I have been thinking that I will probably release the season stuff minus the rest (as the season stuff works relatively well while the rest is a bit buggy). This will mean I will be able to release it sooner as well. However the winter textures I have for trees are pretty poor, so if anyone is interested in helping out feel free to pm me, basically all I need are winter versions of natives tree textures.

That's great. I'm using a heavily edited PL so the seasons are what I was waiting for most. 'Lease 'em!

The fresnel shaders:

mb293.jpg
look amazing as well. Are those ready?

jacobhinds said:
That's great. I'm using a heavily edited PL so the seasons are what I was waiting for most. 'Lease 'em!
You will have to create your own pl winter textures for trees and bushes then, pl trees and bushes use different textures to native and I have not created winter versions of them. The ground textures will work however.

That image was not taken by me and as far as I can tell does not feature fresnel shaders

Back
Top Bottom