Giving troops to Lords

Users who are viewing this thread

robbyg

Knight
Is it worth it?

Do they look after them?

Do you garrison their castles first before assigning?

I feel that maybe this is one area that I could work on but I dont want to give say 60 devourers to a lord and see him squander them away, or worse, disband them.

What's peoples experiences with this/opinions?

I always give lords the troops I've saved from battles, i.e. troops of other factions including mercs. They are expensive and I don't like mixed-faction army. It also helps lords during THEIR first months.

If you just give lords enough fiefs they will have a big army theirself because of their taxes etc.
But if you got enough troops to give to them, why not?

I always give away my expensive troops or troops I do not like for some reason (like if I am using an all cavalry army, all blunt weapon army, etc.). 

I find it's a must to give Lords troops to help them get started.  They only go out and raid villages/siege castles if they feel they have a big enough army.  But to get an army they need money which they're not going to get sitting in a castle.  You have to break the circle at first.

REally? Lords make money from battles like I do?  That's good to know.

I was playing a campaign with Villianese (until day 434 when the game crashed after ordering lords in the battle map and I wasn't able to do anything because the game auto-saves!!) and I noticed that when I put infantry and sharpshooters in their castles and gave the castles to a lord that eventually all the infantry would be removed. I don't know if they disbanded them or used them in battle.

I did start giving them all my rescued prisoners and it really helped me reduce my 150k a week troop expenses.  (Giving them my regiments helped a lot too)  They really seemed more active after I started doing that.  They took more castles and started to make a difference.  But by then I had also broken the back of the Imperial Invasion and marched my forces out of the snowy Vaegir region to take all the Imperial controled Vaegir and NOrd lands and much of the Swadian lands.  Oh yeah it didn't hurt that I executed a LOT of Imperial Lords (including Marius).

Back
Top Bottom