Gentlemen's Tobacco Club

Users who are viewing this thread

I find Zippos are nearly impossible to light a pipe with. I have a small pouch of birch splinters that I use. They burn a lot better than most matches.

Teofish said:
Tried some ecological fairtrade cigs the other day. Daaaayyyum all that perfume and ****e in the regular ones makes a difference. Felt like smoking pleasantly tobacco flavoured steam. But they were stronger than filterless South State. Just kept smoking them back to back until I got dizzy. That hasn't happened to me in years.
LS has those brownish boxes now which have fewer additives. A far less smooth smoke

EU is to remove menthol cigs by 2020.

JS (John Silver) is my favourite brand. They're pretty strong when they're in packs so I suggest you get the yellow/grey version of the rolling tobacco. (Red is standard, grey is light and yellow is super lights)

EDIT : My favourite pipe tobacco is now available as rolling tobacco for cigarettes aswell.  :razz:
gilbert-hamiltons-cigarettsnitt.jpg

What's allvarligt? Rest of it is easy to translate. Is allvarligt something like 'seriously'? Cause this lucky I have here says "Roken brengt u en anderen rondom u ernstige schade toe" (Smoking brings you and others around you serious damage to - "Smoking severely damages you and those around you")

Allvarligt = Seriously/severly.

"Smoking severely damages you and persons in your surrounding"

We have probably a 100 different labels for smoking tobacco but for snus it's the same "This product is addictive and may harm you"

They actually removed the word cancer from snus warning back in 2001 as they couldn't prove any connections. Besides, it's found nowhere but on the back of the can. (The warning label that is)

Receded gums is however pretty common for users.

51fbcdbdf331cadcdb93dc082e4ce5bf.png
Snus-warning.jpg

But let's not go further with this, only creates arguments.  :neutral:

I've tried snus once, back in the army, we had this competition between the artillery units, fastest one would get a free vacation day. My unit and especially my team excelled at the competition (Though we did end up losing thanks to the goddamn artillery spotters), so when we had finished our run, one of my privates offered me a bag of snus, knowing I had never tried it before.

At that point though I had been smoking for so long that it didnt have much of an effect, apart from that stingy feeling you get at the spot you place it in.

Oh an btw, I use my heirloom Zippo my father gave me.

The old snus dare challenges.  :razz:

What's all this I hear about North/South State? Never heard of this brand.

The first time I tried snus I was already drunk on cheap beer and who knows what else, tried a big gob of loose snus and had to sit through a half-hour drive later. Ended up vomiting right in front of someone's picnic table.

Nowadays I confine myself to the occasional pipe. I went to Finland a couple of weeks ago and some tobacco (not great, but it'll do).
It's almost impossible to find pipe tobacco in Tromsø where I live. Norwegian law requires you to keep all tobacco products hidden in lockers, so I guess running a tobacco shop is not really a feasible prospect anymore except in the big cities.

No wonder these kids use that mariju-banana today. One injection and they're in Satan's hands.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom