#GENERAL INFO#, Old Mod Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

WE ARE ONLINE

You can find the dowload link and instructions here(scroll down to the download section).

We gona move to the "Released Warband Mods" board soon...

Changelog;
Code:
v0.539
(Sebastian) fixed errors due to invalid banner meshes from other mods
(Apsod, Sebastian) weapon balance overhaul
(Sebastian) increased weapon proficiency reduction from armor weight and disabled the reduction from low stamina
(Sebastian) now only kills and deaths from players will effect the K/D on the website
(Sebastian) firearms and crossbows are no longer loaded on spawn
(Sebastian) added new firearm and cannon sounds
(Sebastian) Offhand damage bonus has been increased to 8%
(Sebastian) fixed teleporting to the ground position when getting hit by a shield bash
(Sebastian) altered the hair-, bread- and face-order to fit to the native order
(Wuferator) splitted tree groups into single meshes
(Sebastian) reworked allmost all Native scenes
(Sebastian) score is now halved on fighting bots
(Sebastian) fixed players sometimes pay upkeep for others items
(Sebastian) implemented anti-leech system
(Todesritter) added a new siege scene
(Sebastian) ticks now work on all game modes
(Sebastian) added a new siege scene with completely destructible enviroment
(Sebastian) increased HP on weapons and light armor, decreased it on high armor
(Sebastian) fixed missile bouncing issues
(Sebastian) fixed first round door hp bug
(Sebastian) increased cannon aim precision
(Sebastian) added an option to disable the HUD
(Sebastian) fixed advanced order issues when more than one player is commanding a team
(Sebastian) enhanced vertex shaders for moving flora
(Sebastian) rewrote the whole advanced order system
(Sebastian) damage dealt by commanded bots now effects the score of the leading player
(_666_, Sebastian) added more constructible objects
(Sebastian) reworked some particle effects
(Sebastian) implemented new firearm sounds
(Sebastian) the sound system now can play different sounds at different distances
(Sebastian) enhanced many shaders
(GuiKa) Launcher: Downgraded the required framework to 4.0
(GuiKa) Launcher: Fixed a bug where required files could be deleted after a download
(GuiKa) Launcher: Added self updating
(Gothic Knight) reworked some native shields
(Nemeruis, Sebastian) added a new helmet and two handgonnes
(Sebastian) implemented new and animated skyboxes
(Sebastian) enhanced damage calculation for destructible scene props and tweaked the visible destruction levels/effects
(Sebastian) optimized many scripts and server/client events
(Sebastian) implemented SSAO (experimental)
(ART0PR, Sebastian) implemented new banner system and added new faction banners/flags
(Sebastian) disabled the extra speed reduction from weight and reset the base speed modifier to 100
(Sebastian) ranged weapons now use unique accuracy modifiers on horseback
(Sebastian) many weapons now can be used on horseback
(Sebastian) fixed agent spawns on horse without required riding skill
(Sebastian) adapted the slot system, items which reuse carry slots now will be removed from the inventory before the player spawns… this might fix several slot/equip bugs.
(Sebastian) items which reuse carry slots or cant be used due to the difficulty level are now visibly marked in the equipment screen
(GuiKa) new server launcher
(Gothic Knight, Sebastian) added a new bandolier, arrows, bolts and quivers
(Sebastian) changed the key binding of the admin chats to fit to other admin tools out there
(Sebastian) resistance sklill no longer reduces the damage when blocking with fists
(_666_, Sebastian) added a few new scenes
(Sebastian) precipitation, cloud amount and fog is now instantly set up (client side) when joining the server
(Sebastian) new precipitation system added, removed all gameplay penalties such as reduced movement speed or lowered damage and missile speed on ranged weapons
(Sebastian) added new outer terrain borders
(Sebastian) fixed some weather issues
(GuiKa) improved site security
(GuiKa) added hotfix for crazy amount of kill/deaths count
(GuiKa) improved logging of user activities
(GuiKa) updated build's stats description

Have fun!  :wink:

Hello, I downloaded the launcher but it says warband folder not found. I run it as admin. Does warband have to be in C drive or sth because I installed it somewhere else.

Greetings...
125 registered players within a couple of hours, not bad, not bad.
It was fun playing with up to 60 players on a server, hopefully we will hit the 250 soon.  :lol:

Btw I just requested a sub forum for our mod... waiting for an answer right now.

Anyway I didn't expect such a player-flood, you guys are great!

FlyingTiger said:
Hello, I downloaded the launcher but it says warband folder not found. I run it as admin. Does warband have to be in C drive or sth because I installed it somewhere else.

The launcher look into the registry to find the warband folder.

Without steam: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband" to get the warband folder.
With steam: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" ("InstallPath" property) to get the steam folder.

It first check for a steam warband and if not found it check for a no steam warband.

So if it cannot find your warband it's probably because your registry are messed up.
You can fix it by reinstalling warband or editing the path in the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mount&Blade Warband" with regedit.

If this doesn't fix the problem it could be that the program fail to read your registry properly, in this case I'd like to know your OS spec to fix it asap.

must admit the mod is fun , quite balanced and polished.
the only things i don't like very much are :
1) sprint is quite too fast and i saw someone exploiting it doing infinite sprint
2) one round timer is a bit long without MotF and dead players could be bored to see another player abusing it and delaying the round.
3) all maps are awesome (maybe a bit huge for the player count atm) but some maps are pitch black if you don't raise your monitor gamma.
4) Not very a complaint but a suggestion : website font is cool yes but someone must squint to see letters.

that's all , if i forgot something i'll add later.
thanks for the nice evening and hope other people will join in the future.

It's really weird. It looks like the installer has found my steam directory, so ok, it installs the mod. Well, then I double click de launcher, click to play but Steam doesn't open. Warband starts without steam.
And when loading textures thow me a get_shader_failed for=0 error.

What can I do?  :neutral:

A new patch has been released.
Code:
v0.542
(Sebastian) lowered allmost all prices
(Sebastian) gold is now again displayed on the screen
(Sebastian) key for toggling walk/run is now remappable (backspace by default)

radament said:
1) sprint is quite too fast and i saw someone exploiting it doing infinite sprint
2) one round timer is a bit long without MotF and dead players could be bored to see another player abusing it and delaying the round.
3) all maps are awesome (maybe a bit huge for the player count atm) but some maps are pitch black if you don't raise your monitor gamma.
4) Not very a complaint but a suggestion : website font is cool yes but someone must squint to see letters.

1. You can't exploit it, but can sprint for a quite long time with full stamina.
2. We'll tweak the time for sure
3. It's not about the maps, weather and time settings are not predefined per map, but dynamic... and nights are supposed to be dark.
4. The website will be reworked when we get the time.

mike56 said:
It's really weird. It looks like the installer has found my steam directory, so ok, it installs the mod. Well, then I double click de launcher, click to play but Steam doesn't open. Warband starts without steam.
And when loading textures thow me a get_shader_failed for=0 error.

What can I do?  :neutral:
The steam overlay doesn't work by default, you need to add the BoE Launcher(as a new game) to steam, to get the overlay working.

For the error...
Make sure Net Framework 4.0 or higher is installed, run the launcher as administrator and try to do a "force" update.

Sprint is way too fast, looks rediculous when people in full plate sprint towards you with a two handed mace.

Also the upkeep in my opinion needs to be removed or serverely dampened down. people running about naked with two handers and spamming their way to victory is pretty much quite a mood killer.

Upkeep is unbearable and extremely punishing. Everyone is running around naked and tries to use picked-up weapons because you pay more upkeep for something the more you use it. AKA, solo the entire enemy team and you're losing more money than just going naked and unarmed.

The initial grind and returning grind is incredibly steep, and the entire new combat system, even though I like the damage calculation, is very punishing for new players. The sprintonly adds insult to the injury if you're not used to it. The wounding effect and the slowing down below a certain HP treshold really is only annoying. You win a tough fight against someone or take a single hit and are reduced to a tipped-over turtle that's slowly dying without being able to do anything about it, since a med-kit is way too expensive to carry along a melee weapon. Many of the machanics are based on realism, but only just kill the mood.

I like the mod and the idea of it, and it certainly has tons and tons of potential, but I'll say that in the current state it's quite ridiculous.

Roran 13 said:
Upkeep is unbearable and extremely punishing. Everyone is running around naked and tries to use picked-up weapons because you pay more upkeep for something the more you use it. AKA, solo the entire enemy team and you're losing more money than just going naked and unarmed.

The initial grind and returning grind is incredibly steep, and the entire new combat system, even though I like the damage calculation, is very punishing for new players. The sprintonly adds insult to the injury if you're not used to it. The wounding effect and the slowing down below a certain HP treshold really is only annoying. You win a tough fight against someone or take a single hit and are reduced to a tipped-over turtle that's slowly dying without being able to do anything about it, since a med-kit is way too expensive to carry along a melee weapon. Many of the machanics are based on realism, but only just kill the mood.

I like the mod and the idea of it, and it certainly has tons and tons of potential, but I'll say that in the current state it's quite ridiculous.

I agree with this fully!

I installed the mod correctly, but when loading textures it gave me a error. Should I try again wit "force" update" and use the directx 9 (I don't remember if the last time I played I used directx 7  :oops:)

ElPadrino said:
Yeah I don't understand how after one day some players are already full stuff ...

today one guy was wearing full plate + steel shield + pistol ....i really don't understand how he managed to do such money in 1 day...
anyway , plate armors are quite OP , glances everywhere with 3 power strike and cut weapon , things gone well with 3 ps and pierce weapon but i spectate a really sad duel at the end of the round where one guy tried to kill plated guy lol.

i remember when playing crpg in the first times ( plated guys everywhere ) but there was no upkeep....i really don't want to see all plated player just because you can , upkeep is important , maybe not so much but if you wanna be a god (plated guy with spamberge) you must pay for it when you die or your armor/weapon is damaged.

Back
Top Bottom