SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Siege of Duskendale is bugged, first waves are ok but the second wave of enemy doesn't appears or appears somewhere unreachable, our men just tries to run through inner city which is impossible.

I tried to save Loras Tyrell from Sharp Point(Renly gave the mission) I killed the prison guard, Loras joined me but nothing happens when I exist prison, nobody attacks or I can leave the castle.

TimotheusTheReal said:
alanos said:
You didn't experience how goofy the whole mod was back in version 0.6.. The North joining up with Braavos against the Riverlands, which in return allied with the Lannisters against the Vale... And peace and war were made every week. An immersion killer really.

Were it that crazy? Crap! Hopefully there are any good diplomatic submods where Coz can ask to use, if there are any! Restrict a faction from making diplomacy with some factions etc
Well that's what we have just now. The factions in Westeros are mostly all restricted from diplomacy, on Essos some factions are free to declare war and make peace though.

GRRM took the feudal Europe as rolemodel for the feudal Westeros, that includes all from Norse gear (900-1200) to high medieval equipment (with execptation of gunpowder - 1300-1500). I can see lords and his retinue using plated war horses, also rich landed knights (there are knights richer than lords) should be able to purchase such gear! Lords, minor lords, landed knights are obliged to provide with levy and retinue of experienced warriors/riders.

They traditionally fight as heavy cavalry, wearing plate armor

Also even by that the TV series are not canon, you can see in the jousting for Eddard Stark becoming Hand of the King, the knights used full plated armor!

I was referring to the horses themselves. The knights armor is fine I'm ok with that. I was just suggesting that the plated warhorses were a bit extravagant and that most lords and or knights probably couldn't afford them. Not to mention how much slower a horse in full plate armor would be. I can see chain-mailed horses and horses with banners/sigils on their backs, but full plated warhorses seem a-bit too much like an animated cheesy video game. Ie. Kingdom under fire etc. I'd prefer to have more of a gritty real life kind of realm to the extravagant fancy shiny- never been hit - kind of armors and horses depicted in most video games. But that's my opinion.   

WilltheGamer said:
Pacalon said:
WilltheGamer said:
The Lord High Dram said:
Cozur said:
The Lord High Dram said:
**The Naval battle bug is not fixed**

Could you be more specific?

Vassal of the Iron Islands currently, a few Ironborn ships engaged a few Northern ships and I joined the fray on the Ironborn side.  Slaughtered instantly, as per usual.

You are HORRIBLE at reporting bugs... How is he going to know what the hell you're talking about unless you specify things.

Saying you joined a sea battle and were slaughtered instantly makes no sense. How were you slaughtered? Did you load in and everyone despawned? Did you load in and then everyone fell into the water? Did you load in and suddenly everyone spontaneously combusted? How did they get slaughtered, if he is going to fix anything he needs details.

Apparently everyone BUT you knows what the naval battle bug is. Maybe you should read the thread a bit more?

You spawn in and your own troops / allied troops kill you.

No I know what the bug is, but if you havent seen his posts, he always does that. He posts something completely simple like "The family trees arent right!" etc etc and it just annoys me.

Edit: On a side note, is there a reason my camera suddenly freaks out when I die and makes it impossible to watch the battle? Havent seen anyone complaining about it so there must be a fix

1. Saying the Naval Battle Bug isn't fixed would lead one to assume that the same thing that HAS been happening, is STILL happening, on account of the Naval Battle Bug isn't fixed.  So following up by saying I was slaughtered instantly during a Naval Battle explains itself using credence from the preceding post about how the Naval Battle Bug that people have been experiencing, the very same one that the patch notes said was fixed, is not fixed, if you couldn't glean that by yourself, you're either looking for trouble or are autistic, if it's the latter, sorry for the demeaning post lil guy, here's a picture of a choo choo train.  http://imgur.com/hL5Ebj9

2. Cite a single example of a vague bug report besides the one you just quoted.  If anything, I feel like I'm too descriptive normally, but I'd be lying if I said I was enthused about this mod now as I was a couple weeks ago.

The problems is, testing is not enough, Cozur(a  bit of normally) doesn't tests every single thing, I think before the next release a group of testers should be chosen

Read in the changelog for 0.91:

"You can now upgrade to a knight when serving as an enlisted soldier."

Thank You!!!  :grin:

I can't seem to find this specific topic post in the forums so I'll ask here and with some luck I may get a few answers/responses.

INFANTRY AND SPEARS:
Warband AI was not meant for all infantry to have spears (which seems to make up the majority of most troop trees) and I am having a tough time taking on bandits or any other scum half my size. The main reason being is that these Forest Bandits, clansmen, or any other roaming outlaws have some form of one handed weapon like a mace or sword that quite frankly the AI just pile drive each other in melee combat and bash at each other. This is where my problem starts, my rows of spearmen (peasants to even some vets) will run up and try stabbing at a point blank range which in Warband mechanics/AI does not work out well for my poor spearmen. I have had a little success with telling them to hold position and let the enemy charge, then having them stab and back up (rinse and repeat), but that requires a lot of micromanagement that I could better spend my time helping with a side calv charge or in the fray.

Next is a universal problem for all ranks

BOWS: Yes, bows have been changed a lot in this version including only 3/5 of the arrows that come in a native quiver (18:30) along with a slight rework on bow damage. All these things are fine; however, I feel the real problem comes with the shields. These bows do close to what the native ones do in terms of damage while shields are heavily reduced in resistance parameters. I literally feel like my shield can take 2-4 shots without breaking if I get lucky and have a pretty decent shield. In early stages of melee combat you are better off saving your money than buying a 200-500 denar shield that can MAYBE take a few hits for you. I believe to help fix this imbalance (I do not under any circumstances believe we should have shields like in native since having 2 full quivers stuck in your shield with only half the durability gone is quite silly) there should be a slight increase in either resistance OR overall durability(hitpoints) of shields.

So to my question

Do any of you have a certain faction, trick, or any piece of advice that could help me negate some of these problems? I am using the dragonstone faction as it stands now because the infantry is fairly solid with swordsman (that carry shields so they can at least stand up awhile longer than the spearmen counter-parts). Some other factions that have peaked my interest are The North and The Vale. Maybe Westerlands if I could get some of that shiny King Guard armor. And some King Guard units.

SmurfInHell said:
I can't seem to find this specific topic post in the forums so I'll ask here and with some luck I may get a few answers/responses.

INFANTRY AND SPEARS:
Warband AI was not meant for all infantry to have spears (which seems to make up the majority of most troop trees) and I am having a tough time taking on bandits or any other scum half my size. The main reason being is that these Forest Bandits, clansmen, or any other roaming outlaws have some form of one handed weapon like a mace or sword that quite frankly the AI just pile drive each other in melee combat and bash at each other. This is where my problem starts, my rows of spearmen (peasants to even some vets) will run up and try stabbing at a point blank range which in Warband mechanics/AI does not work out well for my poor spearmen. I have had a little success with telling them to hold position and let the enemy charge, then having them stab and back up (rinse and repeat), but that requires a lot of micromanagement that I could better spend my time helping with a side calv charge or in the fray.

BOWS: Yes, bows have been changed a lot in this version including only 3/5 of the arrows that come in a native quiver (18:30) along with a slight rework on bow damage. All these things are fine; however, I feel the real problem comes with the shields. These bows do close to what the native ones do in terms of damage while shields are heavily reduced in resistance parameters. I literally feel like my shield can take 2-4 shots without breaking if I get lucky and have a pretty decent shield. In early stages of melee combat you are better off saving your money than buying a 200-500 denar shield that can MAYBE take a few hits for you. I believe to help fix this imbalance (I do not under any circumstances believe we should have shields like in native since having 2 full quivers stuck in your shield with only half the durability gone is quite silly) there should be a slight increase in either resistance OR overall durability(hitpoints) of shields.

So to my question

Do any of you have a certain faction, trick, or any piece of advice that could help me negate some of these problems? I am using the dragonstone faction as it stands now because the infantry is fairly solid with swordsman (that carry shields so they can at least stand up awhile longer than the spearmen counter-parts). Some other factions that have peaked my interest are The North and The Vale. Maybe Westerlands if I could get some of that shiny King Guard armor. And some King Guard units.

That spear problem of yours is what pissed me off many times when trying to play dismounted with a spear or when I tried to have an army mostly of spearmen. I do not talk about this mod, I talk about Mount and Blade in general, particularly Brytenwalda and similar mods which have accent on spears. When I bring the topic to some modders, they said that this is how the game engine works and spear under-powering is a game mechanics limitation which most definitely can not be fixed. Sadly indeed, because in real life a spear would stand its chances against any weapon, particularly on the battlefield. Even in a duel, a skilled spearman could win against an armored opponent. Remember in aSoIaF when Dornish Viper fought Gregor Clegane how well he did perform.
So in short, for the sake of game immersion and realism in whole, not just this mod, the spears should be made a lot more useful, especially on foot. But I think that it won't be possible with the current game engine.

Hi Cozur,

I returned with 0.91 to the mod and have to Say that I like it very much. the immersion breaking diplomacy seems to be fixed; I love the new gear and the fantastic scenes. Awesome!!!

I miss the great numbers of raiders that roamed the riverlands , though. There are some raiders, but I can´t find the great bands of vargo hoat or Beric Dondarrion. The mountain clans that formerly roamed the lands between Kingslanding and Storms End seem to have vanished, too.

I thought about that band of the lighning Lord. Would it be possible to make them an own faction? Maybe with a stronghold that can´t be attacked by other kingdoms (because it would be unrealistiv if they were to strong and had many lords)

SmurfInHell said:

INFANTRY AND SPEARS:

So to my question

I think I have a tactical solution for you that might work a bit. Let those nadits come up to your troops, and let them do their first attack. When the lines have met, command your troops via F2 F2 to move back a bit. often, the enemies also go back a bit and allow your spearmen to use their spears once again.

WilltheGamer said:
WilltheGamer said:
The Lord High Dram said:
Vassal of the Iron Islands currently, a few Ironborn ships engaged a few Northern ships and I joined the fray on the Ironborn side.  Slaughtered instantly, as per usual.

You are HORRIBLE at reporting bugs... How is he going to know what the hell you're talking about unless you specify things.

Saying you joined a sea battle and were slaughtered instantly makes no sense. How were you slaughtered? Did you load in and everyone despawned? Did you load in and then everyone fell into the water? Did you load in and suddenly everyone spontaneously combusted? How did they get slaughtered, if he is going to fix anything he needs details.

Apparently everyone BUT you knows what the naval battle bug is. Maybe you should read the thread a bit more?

You spawn in and your own troops / allied troops kill you.

The Lord High Dram said:
if you couldn't glean that by yourself, you're either looking for trouble or are autistic, if it's the latter, sorry for the demeaning post lil guy, here's a picture of a choo choo train.  http://imgur.com/hL5Ebj9

Hahahaha omfg dude. I will probably sig this.

But Will, hes kind of right, I rarely, rarely get on this thread, but when he said naval bug i knew what he meant.
******** hate that bug.  :wink:

alanos said:
Here are no spoilers.. The books have been out for years now, if you or someone else didn't read them it's your problem.

You didn't experience how goofy the whole mod was back in version 0.6.. The North joining up with Braavos against the Riverlands, which in return allied with the Lannisters against the Vale... And peace and war were made every week. An immersion killer really.

Thats idiotic and rude. So, say someone hasn't read the books, which there are tons of reasons why that may be, they might as well get the whole damn thing spoiled since its their fault that they didn't read the books?
What you suggest should be illegal.
**** you dude.

Makememove said:
I think I have a tactical solution for you that might work a bit. Let those nadits come up to your troops, and let them do their first attack. When the lines have met, command your troops via F2 F2 to move back a bit. often, the enemies also go back a bit and allow your spearmen to use their spears once again.

I mentioned exactly that when I was talking about the stab and back up (rinse and repeat process), but thank you again for your input!

wildyracing said:
That spear problem of yours is what pissed me off many times when trying to play dismounted with a spear or when I tried to have an army mostly of spearmen. I do not talk about this mod, I talk about Mount and Blade in general, particularly Brytenwalda and similar mods which have accent on spears. When I bring the topic to some modders, they said that this is how the game engine works and spear under-powering is a game mechanics limitation which most definitely can not be fixed. Sadly indeed, because in real life a spear would stand its chances against any weapon, particularly on the battlefield. Even in a duel, a skilled spearman could win against an armored opponent. Remember in aSoIaF when Dornish Viper fought Gregor Clegane how well he did perform.
So in short, for the sake of game immersion and realism in whole, not just this mod, the spears should be made a lot more useful, especially on foot. But I think that it won't be possible with the current game engine.

Quick side note to that, I enjoyed playing a hoplite style build as it works EXTREMELY well for players. I used it when I played cRPG and in most multiplayer servers. It requires a ton of footwork and waiting for open spots, people unaware of your presence that turn his/her back, or when they try to strike your friend and you stab right under that shield and disrupt them mid-strike.

There was one specific mod (The name escapes me right now, but I will think of it and modify the post) that accomplished the use of spears as an actual useful weapon. I remember it had to do by changing the speed rating and making the spear a slightly more manageable size for melee combat. Brytenwalda I THINK did some of this which makes spears less likely to bounce off, but still doesn't address all problems. I will keep looking around for the mod that did it correctly then check out the statistics of the spear including speed, length, damage, and the hitboxes of the weapon.

Thanks again to everyone for your input and insight!

EDIT: Random thought but if  the actual damaging part of the spear was moved slightly further down, like maybe the base of the tip, wouldn't that mean your weapon would have more time to gather speed and not bounce off as much? Though this would cause the problem of seeing your tip hitting the enemy with no damage. (Kind of like decreasing range)

Daethikus said:
Thats idiotic and rude. So, say someone hasn't read the books, which there are tons of reasons why that may be, they might as well get the whole damn thing spoiled since its their fault that they didn't read the books?
**** you dude.
Cozur's Mod - Cozur's rules.

Daethikus said:
**** you dude.

A Storm of Swords was released, what, thirteen years ago? It's not our problem that you haven't read the books.

This thread and this modification will contain spoilers, if you can't handle that, then leave this thread and don't play the game.

But don't insult people just because you haven't managed to read a book that was released thirteen years ago.

Is ticking on a damn button so hard ? would you die ? As the guy said, there can be many reason to be not able to read it, but there isn't much reasons to insist on a stupid matter like this.

We have to go deep into your childhood...

Click the damn button, problem solved.

See ? did somebody died ? wounded ?

If you're not a d.ck its shouldn't bother you.

Started playing this mod in 0.8, love it. I miss the chaos of being able to have factions go to war with whoever, but the alliances did make that a bit absurd. If anything, I'd like to see it where the alliances were locked, and not the diplomacy in total. Oh well.

Playing .91, taking my first crack at enlisting in an army. I'm with Renly's army, everything's been working fine, but we just went out onto the water to attack a Dragonstone caravan. I believe there is an army reinforcing, as there are more troops on our side than I remember seeing in Renly's icon a moment before. Anyway, the bug is that I'm at the screen telling me how many troops there are on each side, and I have NO OPTIONS. There are no buttons, I can't join battle, I can't run, I can't revolt, nothing. Otherwise the screen looks like a normal pre-battle screen.

Inanch-Bilge said:
Click the damn button, problem solved.

See ? did somebody died ? wounded ?

If you're not a d.ck its shouldn't bother you.

Oh, i don't think i read it quite enough. Yes if you mean like that people (including Cozur) should spoiler before they start speaking about the events after HBO. I'm quite sure over 51% are here because of HBO. I highly doubt people would even know what this was else. Lucky me i've read the books but please have the courtesy to spoiler it.

Best regards,

Back
Top Bottom