SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

darklordhawk said:
Btw if you are a "fan" who has only watched the show please go kill yourself for being a complete tool.  Youve had two years to read the books now since the show started.
I'm very sorry for furthering the OT, but this needs to be addressed:

**** you.

What does it matter? The TV show is great. Just because someone hasn't read the books but likes the TV show doesn't mean anything. For all you know they could be spending too much time working without enough time to read all the books.

The books are great, don't get me wrong, but just liking the TV show as a TV show and nothing more is not an offense grievous enough to demand such a reaction.

EDIT: landtank pretty much posted what I was writing.

darklordhawk said:
To each his own.  However I stand by my statement.  If you got a problem with that then my Glock can settle this  :roll:

To each his own, but people who watch the show and don't read the book are tools and should kill themselves.

K

Well, that escalated quickly.

Let's all please refrain from commenting in reply to the current argument and let it whither and die, and get back to posting on-topic things that aren't a war between the people who read the books and the people who watch the show?

Not saying that I have no opinion on this- I'm just saying that there's a time and a place, but the time is not now and the place is not here.

Hi guys, first of all, excellent work with this mod; i've just downloaded it and it's so funny  :grin:
I'm Italian and I would like to translate in Italian the names of cities and factions but I cannot find where they are localized. So, could you help me? Where are the localizations lines of cities and factions? Thank you very much and excellent work  :wink:

Epicrules said:
Well, that escalated quickly.

Let's all please refrain from commenting in reply to the current argument and let it whither and die, and get back to posting on-topic things that aren't a war between the people who read the books and the people who watch the show?

Not saying that I have no opinion on this- I'm just saying that there's a time and a place, but the time is not now and the place is not here.

Well said good sir.

On a side note, WHERE IS 0.7 COZUR!!!! I have no life and need something to fill the emptiness!

Boreale1993 said:
Hi guys, first of all, excellent work with this mod; i've just downloaded it and it's so funny  :grin:
I'm Italian and I would like to translate in Italian the names of cities and factions but I cannot find where they are localized. So, could you help me? Where are the localizations lines of cities and factions? Thank you very much and excellent work  :wink:

The places and faction names are all fictional, so there is no proper translation in to another language, except for the places where the place's name are two words combined I.E. Winterfell, but that would still pose a lot of issues. Same thing with factions. A "House" is essentially a knightly/lordly/kingly family, with the second part being the house name. I.E. "House Lannister" is the Lannister family, so you have people like Tywin Lannister, because that's the family name.

kew said:
Don't know if someone suggested this already, but i think it would be awesome to include Freelancer in the mod. Don't know how it works, but i guess you can download the source here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,174845.0.html.

The updated version of Freelancer in Floris mod (which is practically bug free) would make more sense, I'd be surprised if it wasn't included in a future version of this, the only reason I can see it being excluded is if the developer dislikes it for some reason?

Epicrules said:
Boreale1993 said:

The places and faction names are all fictional, so there is no proper translation in to another language, except for the places where the place's name are two words combined I.E. Winterfell, but that would still pose a lot of issues. Same thing with factions. A "House" is essentially a knightly/lordly/kingly family, with the second part being the house name. I.E. "House Lannister" is the Lannister family, so you have people like Tywin Lannister, because that's the family name.
Yes i know it. What I meant is where i can the find the localization files with cities and places name. In Italian 'Winterfell' is 'Grande Inverno', 'Highgarden' is 'Alto Giardino', 'Sunspear' is 'Lancia del Sole'. If I want to show the name 'Grande Inverno' in game instead of 'Winterfell' which file do I have to mod?

Cozur said:
Why would you want that? The rest of the game will still be in english, with the odd name in italian, would look ******** ridiculous.
What's the problem with it?  :lol: I would like to have the italian names  :mrgreen:

Cozur said:
Why would you want that? The rest of the game will still be in english, with the odd name in italian, would look ******** ridiculous.

I am with Cozur.  changing names would be pointless.  Not all names translate into different languages.  Sure John in spanish is Juan, but what about Jon.  is that Jun? Its kind of a revolving thing in ASOIAF to give guys wacky names (which is understandable so we can remember who is who since the cast is enormous). But it would be dumb to change Robert to Roberto but leave Tywin as Tywin.  Does that kind of makes sense? 

I asked it because we, italian translators of the game, (you can find Italian translation of Warband in non-english section of the forum) would like to make an Italian translation of the mod for Italian players. We don't know where to find cities and faction names. It's very ugly to see 'Westerlands' instead of 'Terre Occidentali' in my games, it loses a lot of charm, the modification would be for us, not for you.

That's all

@Boreale: You should start by asking Cozur for his permission. I thought you were going to use it for yourself, but if you want to make an Italian version available, you need his consent first.

@Others: is it really such a big deal for you what version others play? Honestly? Do you also complain about people reading the translations instead of the original version? I, for once, dislike the translations I saw so far of GoT, but I couldn't care less about what others play or read of watch, though I recommend always original versions of movies and books to those who are fluent in those languages.

biomag said:
@Boreale: You should start by asking Cozur for his permission. I thought you were going to use it for yourself, but if you want to make an Italian version available, you need his consent first.

@Others: is it really such a big deal for you what version others play? Honestly? Do you also complain about people reading the translations instead of the original version? I, for once, dislike the translations I saw so far of GoT, but I couldn't care less about what others play or read of watch, though I recommend always original versions of movies and books to those who are fluent in those languages.
Thank you very much

If Cozur wants translations I guess he would demand more than simple name changes. I would rather expect that he wants a certain standard for the product. So I would expect it would involve all texts.

As for the change of names in translations... well, its mainly an artistic choice... I heard the German translation and as I said, I ain't a fan of it. Though I am not surprised that people would wish to play in their native tongue and therefore would also prefer those names they are used to from the translations (even if those are a 'little' off like King's Landing becoming "Königsmund" = "King's Mouth" or Winterfell "Gande Inverno" = "Great Winter"...)...

... but as I said, its Cozur's decision and no one's else. Changes for private use on the other hand ain't a problem, but they must not be released without his approval.

If someone want to play  a mod  while  reading names in Italian then its  all ok imo.. For me  u can have names even in Latin :razz: Rly  like someone  said Italian names  are  very nice and if they have  game in  italian then the mod also should be in italian.

THING IS... He just want to have  this mod  in italian or atleast names of places and ppl so? LET HIM DO IT! So just  someone  tell him where he can find names for places  and change them!

Back
Top Bottom