Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

ok i am a complete idiot when downloading things like this i tried with eve online and it took like 5 of my frieds 15 minutes b4 i figured it out but anyway everytime i try to download this it say something about "make sure the installation path is correct" and then after that "this is made to work with mount & blade version 1.132 you have version unknown" i know i have the right version it says on the start screen when i start the game so then i go ahead and install i makes sure it is installing to mb modules diplomacy all that then i go to look for it i cant find it i cant use it nothing is there is it something im missing or wat? i need help lol. and just so i dont ask to many questions when it comes to this stuff i basically need a comprehensive lis on wat to do lol

Hello and congrats for the Mod. My question/problem: I keep getting new lords in my newly-founded faction, without anyone asking me if I want them. All of the sudden my Faction boosted Lord numbers from me and my (former) companion to 8. First of all, I didn't even had a good relationship with them (-40 with some) to begin with, but the most disturbing is that no one asks me if I want them to join my faction (they just "flee" into exile in my castles :-s). If this is a known bug, consider this post an improvement suggestion.
Thanks again for the lovely mod and cheers!

Exiled lords will choose a different faction to hide into, if you get a notification of a lord hiding in your area you can turn him away for a relation penalty with him. He probably chose your faction since you might have had some lordless fiefs.

Paradoxis said:
Exiled lords will choose a different faction to hide into, if you get a notification of a lord hiding in your area you can turn him away for a relation penalty with him. He probably chose your faction since you might have had some lordless fiefs.

i think you mean fiefles lords :p

manekemaan said:
Paradoxis said:

i think you mean fiefles lords :p

I meant what I typed. If there were plenty of fiefless lords it would be a turn off for newly liegeless lords to join that liege yes? No land to pass around?

If i were exiled for "treason" i'd most likely join the king that has many lands that has no lords.

mor2 said:
any idea when a new version will be released?

when it's done :wink: There will be another release before chrismas.

Paradoxis said:
Just askin, would the latest diplomacy work on warband 1.134? or must I wait for Waihti to port it over in a new Diplo version?

No idea.

Hi everyone!

So, first off, this mod is great. Intense. Every time I played Native I'd reach a certain stage after which playing was no longer fun. With Diplomacy it simply isn't the case. It's completely another gameplay experience and for the better!

Now to the question -- could anyone help me edit the mod files in order to change the relationship penalty that occurs when assigning a fief to your vassal? TweakMB can do that, but with Diplomacy the option is greyed out. And I can't edit files for crap. I want to try my first attempt on rebelling ever and with that tweak the game would be much more pleasant.

Thank you for any help!

R.

Well, whenever I shoot for the seat of a King, I'll check with my Chancellor each and every Lord of a target faction. This way I can make a list of all the Lords of a particular type that I want.

Now these Lords usually get along well with one another and as an added bonus I always go for Upstanding and Good-natured Lords.

They are fair in assigning fiefs so a King can just wait for a consensus before assigning fiefs and not get massive relationship hits.

That sounds like a strategy :smile: But then again, I am a couple of months into my quest and rebuilding everything from a scratch sounds like a chore. I will be sure to try your approach in my next playthrough, but for the time being I wouldn't mind cheating a little bit :smile:

Well, you could always declare yourself Marshall, host plenty of feasts and bring your Lords on enemy hunting trips every so often.

Be sure to confer marshalship to another Lord if a huge group of enemies are sieging one of your fiefs.

Believe me, you do NOT want the controversy of losing fiefs or getting raided while being marshal.

Quick question:

Did Swadian Knights and Vaegir Knights both disappear?...

Second question:

If the first one is "yes," is there any way to quickly take diplomacy into native, and not it's own mod?

Is there a different path I need to take? As I had both Man at Arms and Vaegir Horsemen, and neither allowed me to get Swadian Knights or Vaegir Knights, respectively.

I have uninstalled and re-installed diplomacy recently and I am having trouble getting my game to behave exactly as it used to.

I was previously able to press [Tab] at any point during a battle or seige and the game would autoresolve and allow me to exit the battle.

Since re-installing diplomacy I am no longer able to do this.

My questions are:

- was using tab to exit battles a feature of diplomacy?

- or had I enabled with another mod or tweakmb?

Back
Top Bottom