FoV / memory hack

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a problem...

Poke  v0.1.090123  by shole ([email protected])

New value: 128.000000, float
Modify address: 0x0059FA24 ( 5896740 )

Waiting for application Mount&Blade...    Found application...
Original value: 0.000000
Failed!
Possibly a privilege issue or address outside sofware memoryspace...
See to your antivirus software and create an exemption if necessary.

Press enter to continue...

I downloaded and installed 1.011 M&B yesterday after long break from playing, downloaded mod and surprise - mod doesn't want to work like it used to do before.
I copied the files to M&B directory, just run "launch M&B.bat", it failed, so I disabled my antivirus/firewall, and it failed again...

are you launching it from a shortcut that is also named "Mount&Blade", or is there another window by that name open somewhere?
if so, it might be trying to modify the wrong window..
if not, i don't know what it is..

This doesn't currently work (from what I can tell) with Taleworlds' latest 'all-in-one' 1.011 download
(including Steam - having just bought it through them in the sale)...

HOWEVER:
An easy solution is to download version 1.003  and then patch that up to 1.011
before using this mod.

Both files can be found here:
http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=download.aspx

There's also a pretty fast download for 1.003 here:
http://downloads.gamezone.com/demosfiles/t31794.htm

Steam users: You can install both the above and use your Steam-provided CD key (instead of running it
via Steam).

...And above all - thank you 'Shole' for such a simple and excellent mod!

Note for 'Shole' - it seems the latest 1.011 download has a smaller main exe than the 'patched to 1.011'
versions have: maybe this is the cause of not finding the right memory space to poke?

Mount Dracula - thank you so much, now it works!(though I had to change main folder's name)

Once again thank you :razz:

released a new version of poke.exe and remade the .bat file to autodetect version and do other stuff
unfortunately the new versions of M&B scramble the application memory making any kind of editing damn hard to do
i haven't looked into it much yet but i'm just rather annoyed that anyone thought this was necessary

v0.2.100217

shole said:
BumpInTheNight said:
Yup, fantastic beginning but without also zooming out a little as well it doesn't quite cut it unfortunately. :sad:
what do you mean? that's exactly what this does.
or do you mean physically move the camera back?
that should be possible, if there was a way to figure out the memory location for the camera distance
unfortunately to my knowledge the camera always stays put at the same distance so i have nothing to compare to to find the memory location (= i'm not a guru.. just lucky and patient)
Hey sorry for taking such a long time to reply, just decided to try the game out again and first thing I wanted to know is if it'd finally look & play okay on a triple screen setup...and found this thread again :wink:  Yah my concern was how to actually get the the camera to pull back a little further from your character in addition to opening up the field of view.  Like how as you expand the field of view or use wider resolutions the camera currently rides up the back your character until you're just peeking over the top of his helmet, I rely on being able to see a little to the left and right of him to line up my anti-infantry attacks, not just for practical in-game results but I just love watching that stuff happen :razz:

I'll try the latest versions of everything though, who knows maybe it did get covered and I missed it reading through again, great work regardless :smile:
*edit:  Scratch that I'll keep this version but yah still looking for a way to get the camera further back, starting to think the limit here is more of how the 128 is the max that fov value will go when ideally for a surround setup you want around 145+, being able to see more of yourself and thus your immediate flanks would be much nicer for 3rd person too.  I read about how you can use the tilde key to temporarily lower the camera in 3rd person and while it reaches the more ideal height mid way through that, its not exactly a working solution.  *grumble*  Oh great they used an signed short so -30 works(but just breaks in amusing ways) but not anything between 129&256...damnit to hell.

Tried the warband beta for the first time yesterday and its actually pretty good with the triple, the view seems to be good and the slight ability to zoom back from your character in 3rd person view works out quite well.  Happy for sure about that, oh well just gotta wait a month or so until its out to fire up a true single player game again.

Nice Mod, thanks for making this. i am a lover of a "GOOD" 3rd person FOV in any game. i and too plan on buying WarBand in a few days and hope like heck they make the 3rd person FOV the way it needs to be and O'Yeah.. Please Add Mech Support For Mods! ^^ i am gathering my old mod team up to get started on a WarBand Futuristic Combined Arms Game with "Huge" Humanoid mechs that act as mounts/vehicles. huge mechs as in a dumbed down gundam something like Wanzers from Front Mission. nothing too far into the future.

I, for one, would be INCREDIBLY appreciative if you can recode this for Warbands!

An FOV change would be very helpful for not feeling so "trapped" in the current perspective.

Is the encryption the real stopping point?

Thanks for your previous efforts, I look forward to an update of this tweak, if it ever happens.

Don't you just press the "R" key while in combat to switch to first-person view (POV)?

Or, maybe you mean something different?

A wider third-person field of view would mean being able to control combat situations better by seeing more of what's around your character.

-MG

Back
Top Bottom