Founding a Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

English_Knight

Sergeant
I've yet to found a Kingdom in Brytenwalda and I've also yet to find an exact answer to this question on the forum: how do I found a Kingdom whilst keeping my fiefs? I've seen it mentioned, but I have to figure out how to do it. I have some very favourable territory and am ready to declare myself a King.

(Also, where do I receive these mythical item quests I keep reading about?)

In Floris, you could ask your king to release you as a vassal, while telling him that you will be keeping your fiefdom (essentially a rebellion, instantly at war).
Here, that option isn't available. I'd love to know, too, if it's possible to hold onto your fiefs. Albeit it's too late for me, as I already left and took back my 'emptied-out' castles swiftly and made peace.

Keep capturing towns/castles and ask them for yourself, at some point king won't give it to you and you can rebel.

I don't think I've ever rebelled before, so that's something to try. I might be brash and declare war on someone by attacking them unprovoked, take their castle and then demand it.

I really need to keep my fiefs; I have Seals-ey and Cisse Caester and my wife's father owns Hlew Caester, so I'm hoping to have some nice territory when I rebel. I'm hoping the fact I own Westarham too will mean my King won't grant me any new castles for a bit.

On a side note, can I take a castle and demand it, but then persuade other lords to support someone else so the king doesn't give it to me? Or is that a formal acknowledgement that I don't want it any more?

You have so many fiefs that there is a very good chance that you won't be offered any more.

I did hope that. I think we may be able to take Lundenwic if we declare war on Gwent, so I might play the brash warmonger and go and take it then demand it! Or I could do the same with Vintan Caester and Gewissae.

Edit:
Just my luck; the King let me have Lundenwic!

I didn't take London in the end. I decided to store all my garrison troops at my lair, renounce my oath and then take Seals-ey. Though I'm having trouble bringing my father-in-law to my side (with a relationship of over 50 and 6 persuasion!), I've made three of my companions into ealdormenn to bulk up my forces a bit. Let's hope that works!

Also, does anyone know how I can change my Kingdom's colour? Carving my own Kingdom out of Cantware has kind of left me with the exact shade of red as an enemy  :lol:

If I remember correctly Tweak can change color of faction. I have no trouble with Cantware being red, it's a small faction and easy to knock out. After that you have a color that stands out for the rest of the game.

In my game, Cantware own all of Sussex (except Cisse Caester and Seals-ey, owned by me), Colne Caster and Rendlaesham! It will take a while to knock them out. I need to stop mixing up Floris features with standard warband features.

How can I move the court? My wife takes tools and 2 wool cloth in my household (this staff disappear) but then no effect. They say I must give her the lynen, or something else... If I could kill her...

Get one fine cloth and enter the town, there's a choice "Move court here". Not sure if it requires tools too, I always have one with me so I don't have to purchase them for the move.

Back
Top Bottom