Forum suggestions; suggestions to do with the sub-forum itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll start this thread with a simple question: Does one server really need seven threads?

The answer is, of course, no. Which leads me to a request that some of these threads are merged, or just deleted, and that a limit of at most three threads per server is put in place to end what is likely only the shameless self advertisement of some of those involved in said server.

We want to keep this sub-forum clean, organised and without un-needed clutter and spam.

And so, without naming the server in question (Everyone knows who I'm talking about) I'm making a public request that the owner of said threads merges some of them, or that the board moderator deletes some of them.

Give people the power to play as anything in a Wild West mod.

Everyone plays as an Outlaw.

Groups were mentioned. Brought up what most groups are. Relevance to groups.

What does this have to do with the Wild West?  :roll:

HiameCrest said:
Groups were mentioned. Brought up what most groups are. Relevance to groups.

What does this have to do with the Wild West?  :roll:

The large number of threads in the Wild West sub forum is what it has to do with the Wild West.

Your free to make any server threads you would like for RCC. So far the only people voicing their complaints about the amount of NA threads are from RCC, which I think makes this all pretty obvious. It's not about advertisement, its about creating the proper facilities in order to enhance everyone's experience while playing TWW on NA. I created the same amount of threads we use in PW, because in the long run they will all be necessary, in my opinion. Unlike this thread here, which is completely irrelevant to the mod or any server, they are all relevant to TWW or a server.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Though, you could compress all the threads into two or three.

The only ones I can see doing that are merging the complaint/suggestion and ban appeal. Either way, this child board has already become very popular (less time between posts than PW!) and I have no doubt that many threads will be made in the near future, and any that prove to be unnecessary will of course die out.

Once again before any board moderator considers taking action I would like them to consider that 100% of the 3 people who have voiced this complaint are currently or were in the past in positions that "competed" with NA.

Looking at this completely objectively, or logically, its shameless self advertisement. If you really bad need so many threads, create a forum off-site. They are free, and involve much less clutter. Then link it in your main thread. In fact, there is, or was, already an NA forum off-site.

Many of these threads can easily be combined into one, and if you really bad need such a thread in the future to be separate, then make a new thread when and as needed.

However, when such a large number of the threads in this subforum are already based upon one server, it does not send a good message as to the future of keeping this subforum based around the mod.

Ser Orindell said:
Looking at this completely objectively, or logically, its shameless self advertisement. If you really bad need so many threads, create a forum off-site. They are free, and involve much less clutter. Then link it in your main thread. In fact, there is, or was, already an NA forum off-site.

Many of these threads can easily be combined into one, and if you really bad need such a thread in the future to be separate, then make a new thread when and as needed.

However, when such a large number of the threads in this subforum are already based upon one server, it does not send a good message as to the future of keeping this subforum based around the mod.

Once again it is not advertisement. And I am quite capable of the emotion of shame, thank you. Each of these threads has a specific purpose that improves our community. Like I said I can still only feasibly see the ban appeal and complaint/suggestion thread being merged. Looking at this objectively serves no real purpose because everyone, you, me, everyone has a hidden, subjective agenda when it comes to voicing their opinions. Putting these threads on our personal forums would not be as good, because they get less than 1% of the traffic that these boards do. And all these threads are about a server, which is on a mod, and since they are aimed at improving that server I would say that indirectly they improve the mod.

EDIT: Anyway, I have merged ban list and complaint suggestion threads because I can see that as a viable option. Still need the ban list thread deleted, though.

Oxford Dictionary definition of shameless:

(of a person or their conduct) characterized by or showing a lack of shame; barefaced or brazen

Thus, I was not saying you cannot feel shame, I was saying that you are brazenly advertising your server, likely due to its current small population when compared to the next largest server.

Due to the fact that it would almost certainly result in an argument over semantics, I will not read too much the phrase "has a specific purpose that improves our community". However, its still worth looking at how exactly these "specific purposes" cannot be combined, such as the complaints and suggestions thread being split and then merged with others, as with the "roleplayer of the week".

And, to deal with your accusation that only those involved in RCC find the massive, silly number of threads to be more than a touch over the top:

gokiller said:
Isn't this a bit useless?

asfar you already have like 5 threads, and then making threads like this, while the mod is in Alpha,

i don't think that you can nominate someone when the mod is still in Alpha mod.

Clearly, this something than a number of people have noticed.

Ser Orindell said:

3/4 people that have complained about it were either members of RCC, or in some way used to be on the opposite end of the field, so to speak, from NA.. I was just pointing at that fact for any board mod to consider, since one was requested and it is relevant information that the board mod might not otherwise know. I'm not trying to insult any group of people or server. And I'm not gonna delete the player of the week thread, not a chance.

[quote author=Suspicious Pilgrim]
text
[/quote]

Yes I can see why your suggestion is possible, but the two threads have very different purposes. I think a thread committed to the specific discussion about rules that will be needed on TWW is both necessary and relevant by itself.

Now that servers are actually being attacked/insulted, I will back out of this conversation. All I can say is that you wont see NA or any of its team saying such things about other communities/servers when it comes to PW, for instance.

One doesn't need to verbalise attacks for them to be there. Actions, after all, speak louder than words.

However, I want to accept that your not trying to insult us, and will respond by saying that I'm not trying to insult any group or server either. However, I find that frank conversation is always more productive than vague sentences hiding veiled meanings.

Finally, I never suggested deleting the roleplayer of the whatever thing, just merging it.

Ser Orindell said:
One doesn't need to verbalise attacks for them to be there. Actions, after all, speak louder than words.

However, I want to accept that your not trying to insult us, and will respond by saying that I'm not trying to insult any group or server either. However, I find that frank conversation is always more productive than vague sentences hiding veiled meanings.

Finally, I never suggested deleting the roleplayer of the whatever thing, just merging it.

Accusing me of taking this action because the current playercount (which is really irrelevant to me, just so you know, because you are euro, we are american, and I prefer a community where both can have great servers to play on respectively) of our server is lower than yours is a direct insult to my character. There is a difference between frank conversation and being rude.

Please do not think that the server threads for NA on this subforum are an attempt to draw players away from RCC. I think that all the players that enjoy RCC, or play there because of geography should continue to. I know that RCC can be a great server and I have nothing against it or your player count/base. In fact, I look forward to our teams working in conjunction on projects that can improve and bring in more players to the mod as a whole, and N0b0dy and I have already begun discussions along those lines. It's merely for our north american roleplayers/community regulars.

Roleplayer of the week is my special child of a community program, and I doubt I will be convinced to merge it into another thread, on TWW or PW.

Either way, I hope we can put the insults aside and continue a conversation that concludes in both sides being satisfied.

there doesn't need to be this many NA server threads seriously get your own forum.

Rule Suggestion thread - Designed so that people can discuss a topic relevant to the beginning of previously established RP servers on a new mod, discussing specific rules that could pertain to this new mod.
Roleplayer of the week - Community program designed to provide an incentive for good roleplay and for people to improve their RP.
Complaint/suggestion/ban appeal - Obviously necessary
Applications - Necessary.
Official server - General discussion of server.
admin manual - Documentation, updated as additions are made to the original document. Will not interest anyone, except for admins and people who happen to be searching for it, and it will die quickly and be moved to the botttom of the list (this forum will have 2 pages quite soon). Was made with that intention and just to provide public written documentation for later reference.

Could possibly merge rule suggestion into the official serve, but there is already an on topic discussion going on in the rule suggestion thread. For the rest of the threads, unless a moderator decides to decide otherwise, well,
deal-with-it-gabe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom