Football and/or Soccer Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

DYSTOPIAN said:
Thankfully now we are gonna can this thread for four years.
Wow- CL and EL qualifiers are already on the way, they are like super exciting or something

how about that one club from Cyprus losing to that other Lithuanian club

b6550748e0.png
RIP Ferencvaros

744ec49496.png

Damn french heathens.
We will come back even stronger in 2022.
And its football, you gonna get your ass kicked if you come and say 'soccer' in the Liverpool, Moscow, Brasilia or any other football crazed fan place.

Bigby said:
Damn french heathens.
We will come back even stronger in 2022.
And its football, you gonna get your ass kicked if you come and say 'soccer' in the Liverpool, Moscow, Brasilia or any other football crazed fan place.
soccer is coming home in 2026

USA! USA! USA!

At work I like to refer to American football as handegg, it makes people salty but they have a hard time trying to come up with a good argument as to why it should be called football. Punting and field goals are such a small part of the game.

I am also an advocate for the metric system but people look at me like I am crazy when I start speaking about meters instead of yards.

It just comes off as one minor step less annoying than people who call all sports "sportsball" because they're too cool to know anything about them. If the British still called association football "soccer" rather than "football", then there'd be plenty of room for them to call other football-derived sports by their most popular names. Nobody gets their panties in a twist over Rugby football, or Australian football, or Gaelic football, but American/Canadian/Gridiron football triggers every Brit or Brit-leaning American in a twenty-mile radius.

Akesh the Cursed said:
At work I like to refer to American football as handegg, it makes people salty but they have a hard time trying to come up with a good argument as to why it should be called football. Punting and field goals are such a small part of the game.

I am also an advocate for the metric system but people look at me like I am crazy when I start speaking about meters instead of yards.

Do you make the "I'm into /real/ music, not mass produced pop garbage like the other kids" posts on Youtube?

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-take-a-bow-42000-people-watch-galatasaray-training-and-it-doesnt-look-real-20181201

Galatasaray fans are amazing. I'm very glad to be a Galatasaray fan!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq28FgOFxZo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Back
Top Bottom