Floris Wiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Im saying that maybe somebody wrote them wrong on the wiki unless its like that in the actual game, I would change it but I don't know the actuall effects it just seemed strange that they would have the same effects

They dont have the same effects. Both the effects and impact of the choices vary according to the wiki.

Hello guys,

I'm just new to the mod and as i saw "German Translation" i was just like "I NEED to play Floris again..." after i played SoD so long now.

Point is i just updated http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Companions_of_Floris with a new party setup and rearranged/added columns, so Windy, feel free to correct it if i did something wrong.

Point of my post here is to ask if you would appreciate it if i try to contact the author of the german translation on Floris and start to add german translations to the wiki with him together.

So, waiting for an answer :smile:

P.S. If Floris is going to get use of the beautiful Katana model and maybe think about using the Tenka_Armour_Pack.brf I'll never leave Floris again  :grin:

SwissMike said:
Point of my post here is to ask if you would appreciate it if i try to contact the author of the german translation on Floris and start to add german translations to the wiki with him together.
I think this is a good idea.  Did you plan on putting the translations as a separate page via a link?  In all honesty, any updates folks want to make to improve the wiki is great with me.  As one can see I haven't been able to juggle fleshing it out entirely and working on the 2.6 stuff.  I figure folks would prefer the wiki fall behind of those two. :wink:

P.S. If Floris is going to get use of the beautiful Katana model and maybe think about using the Tenka_Armour_Pack.brf I'll never leave Floris again  :grin:
I am not sure where you are referring to this resource file from?  Was this something in SoD?  Is it an OSP item?

Sent you a PM :wink:

BTT: The translator of the german translation for Floris sent me a PM so I'm glad to tell you that we probably will work together on the wiki :smile:

How we'll handle it, I'm currently unaware of that, since there should be an option to automatically show a different page for different set languages of the user, but we'll see.

Greetings Mike

Well, delete this if you think it doesn't fit in the topic but...

I had a little chat with "imemine", who did the german translation for the mod, we're about to translate some pages to german, after we figured out how to handle it (alternative pages for alternative languages or simply links on the original pages to the translated ones).

We also decided that i ask you if you know something or someone that wants his work on the wiki, since we're probably also going to add more stuff to the wiki and because of this reason,
we also think it'd be good to have someone like you watching over our new/translated stuff so the wiki will not get messed up and the layout/design stays the way you or the team wanted it to be.

Hope we find a match of how we should handle it :smile:

P.S. "imemine" also had an idea in mind of maybe creating something like an overview of the troops on the wiki, anyway, back to intensive playing of this awesome mod and later I'll take a closer look at the wiki.

/edit:
Just read a bit through some english and some german wikia pages, it all looks like we've to start another wikia called de.floris.wikia and then make a request here:
http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Interlanguage_link_requests

To get
Interlanguage-Links (http://help.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Interlanguage_links)
between the two wikis, for linking 2 pages to each other by using these tags looking like this:
Code:
[[de:Companions]]
(As an example for the german companion page)

You'd have to put this tag into the page/article and below the categories would another "menu" show up, also a horizontal bar with the linked pages in different languages.

So, I'll happily await a response, since I'm not sure if just should start the de.floris.wikia wiki, since I guess it'd be better that the current wiki-admins start this and maybe just lend us translator some information/permissions, don't know, waiting for response :smile:

Greetings Mike

P.S. Sent  Monnikje  also these information on the wiki itself.
And I'll send my current post to Imemine to let her know of the current progress.

Okay.
de.floris.wikia.com exists.  At this point I'm going to need the help of one of you two or Duh to go much further as I do not speak the language.

Hi Windyplains,
I can help you in any way with the German wiki, just tell me what I should do. I guess we can start to work at the entries, since when I have a look at them, the start page was already in German. Is there anything else to do first?

:oops: :???:Hello  everyone, I wish to ask..

Is it possible to play floris, mixed with Diplomacy and PBOD? In 1.153?

I know it is, with the old version of Warband 1.143, but whatt about this latest version?

Anyways I got a second warband, the outdated one of course, to play these mods (Diplo+PBOD+Floris). Still I came across with many troubleshooting, from crashes to some other bugs, like the ingame information of damage dealt, troops killed (by player, enemy or friend) shot dificulty, orders issued is missing. An error appears when I aproach a character to talk. Even the aftermath of a battle does not appear sometimes, the order comands are all glitchy and over each other. The Death Camera is all glitchy too

Well as of the old version of warband gameplay experience with the mods floris 2.4 with bugfixes and Diplo+PBOD, I get a lot of bugs, maybe I did something wrong. So I also would like to ask some instructions on how to add this 3 mods on version 1.143 of warband.

HOWEVER if Floris 2.53 (as it is consisted by many other mods features) has already mods like diplomacy and PBOD and freelancer imbued in it, making only necessary to install Floris 2.53 in Warband 1.153 (since diplomacy and PBOD are already able to be played on 1.153) I would obviously go into that option and praise the developers of all these mods, with the greatest of thanks and gratitude.

Sorry for asking, but this new version of warband got in the way, now that I came to learn that it was possible to play warband single player by another prespective and experience. These 3 mods fill a huge gap of void in native, and makes it a totally diferent game.
Thanks for all ur work and help.

Hello ! just a quick post to signal the "troubleshooting" page on the wiki is still talking about warband 1.143 . I edited "make sure you're using 1.143" into "make sure you're using warband 1.153" and edited :

Warband version 1.143 is prone to corrupt configuration files. Try deleting the rgl_config.txt file (in the Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ folder).

into

Warband version 1.143 is prone to corrupt configuration files. Try deleting the rgl_config.txt file (in the Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ folder). NOTE: Floris latest version is now compatible with the warband latest 1.153 version

since I don't know if 1.153 is still prone to corrupt cfgs. I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me clear up or update if you guys tell me how.

I don't know how the troubleshooting stuff as a whole is still relevant to 1.153, just thought at least it'd avoid confusion.

I have been working on the Wiki for several months and some new features are available now:

Wiki navigation:
  • The green navigation bar has been changed and includes now a topic related content page (Wiki Content) and submenus linking to important topics. Hopefully, now you can easily find what you have been searching for.
Unit pages:
  • The unit pages with detailed information are finished for the expanded troop trees. You can have a look at the stats, arms and armor of each unit.
Companions:
Items & Equipment:
  • I have started to add overview articles with sortable tables for different item classes. Horses are already finished, armors and weapons will follow.

If you are a German-speaking Floris fan, you can also enjoy the full Floris Wiki in German. (No article is missing - No kidding!). You can find an interlanguage link to the German Wiki at the bottom of each page.

Something missing?
I hope you enjoy the new features of the Wiki. If you think some important information is missing, please let me know and leave me a message on my Wiki profile.

Improvements to wiki articles are highly encouraged for everyone.  There is no need to post anything elsewhere unless you wish to draw specific attention to something.

Back
Top Bottom