• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, interesting. I think the little plus ind WF&S -like the city/willage management is cool but the firearms handling / DMG system and the other weaponry/armours far better in The Eagle and Radiant Cross mod.
This mod if close to perfect and made better game Warband than F&S-my only pain in the @ss is you cant make vassals if you make your own kingdom.
Sry about my crappy english, i hope you can understand me.

Warband for me without a doubt, don't get me wrong WFaS is an excellent game imo, the singleplayer seems ok, and the multiplayer is good, even when you sometimes get randomly headshotted by a sniper  :wink: .

But I prefer Warband's setting, plus I feel the combat system in Warband is better than in WFaS.

Warband is better, without a doubt. Though I'll play WFaS aswell, because I like the setting and running around with 2 muskets and 1 pistol, though for me the melee combat is crappy slow and and not as enjoyable as in warband.

Still I love the singleplayer, it is a lot of fun. So I can fully recommend the game to everyone who likes singleplayer and the setting. In my opinion it is worth the 12 - 15 €.

Warband: Innovative melee combat with interesting cavalry and archer mechanics, takes much skill and is very competitive.

With Fire And Sword: Counterstrike that is 100 times slower with bland outfits, bland weapons, set in a bland time. I can't even tell you how much I despise that game, guns need to GTFO of my medieval warfare simulation. Seriously, I don't care at all about realism, you would think that since I am playing a VIDEO GAME I would want something different, but nope. No shields in multiplayer, everyone has a gun, all the maps are campy, and if you try to move out of cover, you die. So basically its a piece of **** with the Mount and Blade label on it.

Sorry if my post seems ragetastic, but that's exactly what it is. Mount and Blade is the only medieval combat simulator out there that is anywhere decent, and I don't want that changed, I don't want it to turn into another FPS clone or some bull****, I want it to be different, that's exactly why I got the game to begin with, and why I am still playing it now.

Now that that's over with.... I vote for Warband.

To be 100% Honest I don't see the point in this era... Mount and Blade did something that almost no other games do...

It took a risk, a very big one and it succeeded. It took another risk to see if the fans would stay true and they put out warband... Which was a huge success.

From what I am looking at, they decided to stop taking risks and go with a shooter esque Mount and Blade.  Which in all honesty is pretty stupid as Mount and Blade isn't really counter strike. If you want to play a musket game, buy Warband and download M&M. I haven't played F&S myself but I am certain I can draw conclusions on how the game is from how many people have told me about it, reviews, and game play videos.

Taleworlds... Don't try to make a mod and call it a expansion, doesn't really work. You basically just kicked all the die hard fans such as myself in the testicles and or vaginas... Thank you for that I guess...

Can't wait for: Rifles and Snipers: Special Ops. I'm sure it will be a blast and from the looks of it, that is where Mount and Blade is going.

nickdean10 said:
Warband: Innovative melee combat with interesting cavalry and archer mechanics, takes much skill and is very competitive.

With Fire And Sword: Counterstrike that is 100 times slower with bland outfits, bland weapons, set in a bland time. I can't even tell you how much I despise that game, guns need to GTFO of my medieval warfare simulation. Seriously, I don't care at all about realism, you would think that since I am playing a VIDEO GAME I would want something different, but nope. No shields in multiplayer, everyone has a gun, all the maps are campy, and if you try to move out of cover, you die. So basically its a piece of **** with the Mount and Blade label on it.

Sorry if my post seems ragetastic, but that's exactly what it is. Mount and Blade is the only medieval combat simulator out there that is anywhere decent, and I don't want that changed, I don't want it to turn into another FPS clone or some bull****, I want it to be different, that's exactly why I got the game to begin with, and why I am still playing it now.

Now that that's over with.... I vote for Warband.

GenericSoldierX said:
No, it's a pile of crap.

It's like a massive downgrade from Warband, or even the original MB.

It's painful to play.

Holgard said:
To be 100% Honest I don't see the point in this era... Mount and Blade did something that almost no other games do...

It took a risk, a very big one and it succeeded. It took another risk to see if the fans would stay true and they put out warband... Which was a huge success.

From what I am looking at, they decided to stop taking risks and go with a shooter esque Mount and Blade.  Which in all honesty is pretty stupid as Mount and Blade isn't really counter strike. If you want to play a musket game, buy Warband and download M&M. I haven't played F&S myself but I am certain I can draw conclusions on how the game is from how many people have told me about it, reviews, and game play videos.

Taleworlds... Don't try to make a mod and call it a expansion, doesn't really work. You basically just kicked all the die hard fans such as myself in the testicles and or vaginas... Thank you for that I guess...

Can't wait for: Rifles and Snipers: Special Ops. I'm sure it will be a blast and from the looks of it, that is where Mount and Blade is going.

These.

I wonder if the actual Taleworlds team has considered how negatively this may affect their future sales?
Anyone being introduced to M&B with this game will be unlikely to return for more, worse, even long time players
will be more likely to either wait for sales before chancing another Taleworlds/M&B game or to eschew them all together.

Dear universe, please read anything ever. Just to make this very, very, very clear:

TALEWORLDS DID NOT MAKE WITH FIRE AND SWORD. AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY IN EASTERN EUROPE MADE IT ORIGINALLY FOR THE ORIGINAL MOUNT & BLADE ENGINE AND THEN PORTED IT TO THE WARBAND ENGINE. IT WAS RELEASED HERE BY DEMAND OF THE FANS.

Thank you.

But seriously, I'm sick of people complaining about Taleworlds and WFaS.

Edit: Size 36 font if freaking huge.

Also, would this be so much  worse than Warband if it actually had all of the mods that Warband has? In six months will this game be just as good or better thanks to mods?

Rewjeo said:
Dear universe, please read anything ever. Just to make this very, very, very clear:

TALEWORLDS DID NOT MAKE WITH FIRE AND SWORD. AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY IN EASTERN EUROPE MADE IT ORIGINALLY FOR THE ORIGINAL MOUNT & BLADE ENGINE AND THEN PORTED IT TO THE WARBAND ENGINE. IT WAS RELEASED HERE BY DEMAND OF THE FANS.

Thank you.

Also, would this be so much  worse than Warband if it actually had all of the mods that Warband has? In six months will this game be just as good or better thanks to mods?

Well than thank you steam for putting Taleworlds as the DEVELOPMENT TEAM. Because that is the only reason I purchased this game in the first place. Mount and Blade title + Taleworlds = purchase. All I got was a huge file taking up space on my HD at this point.

EDIT: In Warband mods Enhanced the gameplay. Native in Warband was 500% better than this native's Pos.

Who are these said fans. I have a little over 900 hours logged into warband and 300 in the original. And I know damn well I didn't want a game like this.

Does it feel good dropping cash on better graphics for a mod?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDD__YQ2V0

What I see in warband : Epicness

What I see in fire/sword : Not epicness

Oh well. This should've been released as a mod under the Cavarensei in my opinion, not sold as $15 dollar game. Hopefully taleworlds (The makers of MB and Warband, not fire and sword) will come out with another medieval style game at some point.

Rewjeo said:

Thank you.

Warband was a rough diamond, yet to be polished.
This game however, is a salt cube.

@Rewjeo

Sorry if i'm a bit off topic, but I wanted to point out that i never mentioned that taleworlds had, would've, or could've created this monstrosity, only that it would very likely be affecting the actual Taleworlds sales in the future. Your nerd-rage is misdirected. It's simply a bad idea for a developer to slap their name on something that would almost assuredly depreciate their own sales in the future.

Sseatris said:
@Rewjeo

Sorry if i'm a bit off topic, but I wanted to point out that i never mentioned that taleworlds had, would've, or could've created this monstrosity, only that it would very likely be affecting the actual Taleworlds sales in the future. Your nerd-rage is misdirected. It's simply a bad idea for a developer to slap their name on something that would almost assuredly depreciate their own sales in the future.
It was Taleworlds who wanted to release it internationally so that they would get more $. Russian version is selling for $7. If they went on with this release then they're confident it will help them.

Ceriy said:
It was Taleworlds who wanted to release it internationally so that they would get more $. Russian version is selling for $7. If they went on with this release then they're confident it will help them.

Sadly however, the response seems to be overwhelmingly negative, and while short-term this will generate a decent amount of revenue,
it seems that the somewhat misleading (intentional or not) advertising and listings have (intentional or not) duped many consumers into
buying a game that will forever color their opinion of Stardock/Elemental Taleworlds/M&B.

Rewjeo said:

Thank you.

No

Back
Top Bottom