• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally, Id say buy Warband for the Multiplayer and Mods, and if you liked the original Singleplayer, but otherwise, if youre looking for a action game set in one of the most non-covered eras in gaming, with a lot of stuff to do, and freedom of choice, go with Fire and Sword. I think Fire and Swords Single has a lot more replayability too.

i think warband is better AS OF RIGHT NOW
this is because while the idea for WF&S and the introduction of guns and other features make the game alot better then warband ideogically, the game has some very bad and unessecary flaws that arent nessecary that make warband prematurely better.

for (what i think is) the biggest flaw see this

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169435.0.html

Psith said:
Can't say if it's better or worse, it's just... different. But if you'd put a gun against my head and force me to choose I'd choose original Warband.

No one would put a gun to your head in Warband  :wink:

In my opinion it's an overall OK game. I like that they developed what you can do with a village and made "Talk to Elder" an option from the Get Go (without having to use TweakMB). However, I often strive to have my own kingdom but am unable to do so and also miss the lack of a marriage (When I go home I like to have someone to "reward" me for my conquest).

It had potential but overral warband is superior adapting m&b to a book might have been a bad idea from the start

don't help that more then once the game's own inflexability has broken quests for me a worry i never had in warband

Queen Azalyn said:
It had potential but overral warband is superior adapting m&b to a book might have been a bad idea from the start

don't help that more then once the game's own inflexability has broken quests for me a worry i never had in warband
Queasts are not broken since there is a lot of people who completed them.

Ceriy said:
Queen Azalyn said:

Queasts are not broken since there is a lot of people who completed them.

i did the false demitry quest and despite claiming royality and getting all the nobles on my case that claiment still got to be Tsar rather then me ...

Well, WFaS has a lot of things I like,
for example customizable mercenaries and custom made weapons/armor,
things I would like to see in warband.
But it also has some shortcomings (for example the inability of your mercenaries,
to talks about their equipment) that have to be fixed.

So IMHO it depends a lot on the next patches if WFaS will become equal to warband.
At the moment I enjoy both games, despite the shortcomings of WFaS.

the fire and sword its better in quest and the story line and the trading system
put war band is still better
any way am still playing fire AND SWORD AND I MIGHT CHANGE MY MIND LATER :smile:

Comparing Warband and F&S  is not really difficult. Warband is stable, and has many game features that give depth and and substance to the gameplay.

F&S is very buggy, some infuriating, like hordes stuck on ladders whether they be archers or infantry, hordes trying to get across bridges, plus the many scripting errors. etc. etc. The fact that these bugs may or may not be fixed in the future, (rather depending on who takes responsibility for what, Sich or taleworlds), does not change the fact that the stand alone F&S is of very poor quality, so how can it be better?As for gameplay, mainly the same now painfully boring quests, begging the question why was this ever released as a stand alone, why not a mod?The fact it was released as a stand alone gave the impression there would be some improvements in the core, but in fact it was simply Warband stripped.
We all have our opinions, mine is this was released in an early beta stage, and until, if ever, it gets into a release state, it cannot compare. A lot of good will thrown away by those who thought it was a good idea to release it like this.
As I have posted before, to those who think this is a great product "as is", I am very pleased for you.
I do agree Warband had a lot of bugs at release, but at least we knew Taleworlds were behind it, but for the long time this has been in "development", for what it is, it should have been far, far better, which is one of the reasons a lot of people are very disappointed, (to say the least).  :???:

I have been playing for a while now. (lvl 14)
It's all very good but there is one huge failure...

There is not enough weapons! So far I have only seen 4-5 different swords and half of them are useless.  1 small axe and 1 or 2 small blunt weapons.
You are pretty much doomed to use the same weapon + a firearm through the whole game.   
Right now I have to save 100000 cash just to buy a new sword that looks exactly the same as the one I already have been using the whole game.. just a little little better stats..
It's already getting boring.  :cry:

I know they want to only have the time accurate weapons but there gotta be more variety weapons they can ad in to the game. 

SvarteOrm said:
I have been playing for a while now. (lvl 14)
It's all very good but there is one huge failure...

There is not enough weapons! So far I have only seen 4-5 different swords and half of them are useless.  1 small axe and 1 or 2 small blunt weapons.
You are pretty much doomed to use the same weapon + a firearm through the whole game.   
Right now I have to save 100000 cash just to buy a new sword that looks exactly the same as the one I already have been using the whole game.. just a little little better stats..
It's already getting boring.  :cry:

I know they want to only have the time accurate weapons but there gotta be more variety weapons they can ad in to the game.

Morghs tools are your friend. All of the old swords are still in the game, just check "Merchandise" on the swords you want in the game and they will appear in the stores.

WF&S is good, but I personally like warband more.
Right now I will be playing WF&S to see all it has to offer.

I say it will be better. WHEN THE MUSKETS HAVE NEW SOUNDS! The lame old Mount&Blade musket sound is so crap :wink: But other then that this expansion is fricking great no matter what some of the whiners say about the MP melee being slow.

Heimir said:
I say it will be better. WHEN THE MUSKETS HAVE NEW SOUNDS! The lame old Mount&Blade musket sound is so crap :wink: But other then that this expansion is fricking great no matter what some of the whiners say about the MP melee being slow.
As I posted, I am pleased that some think it is great. I was hoping for something really different, like some of the great mods, and not being bored to death. I have played to level 12, and I am finding the pace appallingly slow. I have 90,000 thalers, so I can make money, but the same old quests, (totally aside from the bugs), boring, and the general pace, to be painfull. I accept that some improvements have been made to the basic M&B, and if that satisfies you, then great. I suspect the modders are expected to pitch in, but with the number of bugs evident, it will be difficult for modders to get going, as they will want to wait for a stable game so as not to keep having to rehash the mods all the time.
You may be talking about MP with your accolades, which I personally do not like, if not, then like I say, you are one of the minority who think it is great. As I recall, it was those who posted critiscims regarding the many bugs in Warband when it was first released, who brought about change, which was to everyones benifit, and helped bring about a great expansion.

I get a better experience with Warband and free mods, so no, for me F&S is not better than Warband.

I was really looking forward to F&S, but I am disappointed and will not pre-order any Taleworlds title again. Next time I'll wait for reviews and community reactions.

*Plus sides to fire and sword*

Fire and sword trees are ALOT better than warbands trees and also I REALLY like the colors and all the different things on the uniforms of the soldiers so yea the outfits beat warbands too  :smile:

John7 said:
*Plus sides to fire and sword*

Fire and sword trees are ALOT better than warbands trees and also I REALLY like the colors and all the different things on the uniforms of the soldiers so yea the outfits beat warbands too  :smile:

But the gameplay? =)

Back
Top Bottom