Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

It was one of those heavy metal spoons you can get from a restaurant. Apparently repeated blows to the softer spots of the head can be pretty painful. It started with him shoving me in a shopping mall (next to a pizza hut, where I got said spoon from, I didn't mind the attempted bullying in school because I'm usually around people and the guy's too scared to even come close to the people I associate with, but in public it's a different story), and ended with me sitting on him with his stomach on the ground while beating him around the temples and temporalis with a dinner spoon and laughing like a maniac because of how funny it was. :lol:

The-Ultimate-Weapon-The-Spoon.jpg

Dodes said:
It's actually kind of interesting to read it from a sociology standpoint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_bee_(sociology)

In a business environment, a "queen bee" may also refer to a woman in upper management who advanced in the ranks without the help of any type of affirmative action programs. Many of those executive women tend to be politically conservative and they choose not to publicly identify with feminism. They often see other, usually younger, women as competitors and will refuse to help them advance within a company, preferring to mentor a male over a female employee. Some such "queen bees" may actively take steps to hinder another woman's advancement as they are seen as direct competitors.[1] Such tactics are sometimes referred to as heterophily (in the sense of positive preference and favoritism for opposite-sex colleagues) or the queen bee syndrome.[2]

This so not true  :mad: You don't hinder their advance, you make sure they're not hired in the first place

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
It was one of those heavy metal spoons you can get from a restaurant. Apparently repeated blows to the softer spots of the head can be pretty painful. It started with him shoving me in a shopping mall (next to a pizza hut, where I got said spoon from, I didn't mind the attempted bullying in school because I'm usually around people and the guy's too scared to even come close to the people I associate with, but in public it's a different story), and ended with me sitting on him with his stomach on the ground while beating him around the temples and temporalis with a dinner spoon and laughing like a maniac because of how funny it was. :lol:

Is your father Joe Pesci by any chance?

I'm just wondering what schools you people went to.  :neutral: I was never a popular kid but not a single person in the whole school was physically bullied. Surely some people were talked about behind their back but no one was beaten up or so.

Hadhod said:
I'm just wondering what schools you people went to.  :neutral: I was never a popular kid but not a single person in the whole school was physically bullied. Surely some people were talked about behind their back but no one was beaten up or so.

Maybe you didn't have to walk to and from school. Getting a ride to the door helps prevent beatings.

Bromden said:
I will teach my son to hit the bully in the eye and then torture him with an armlock. And he can wear a miniskirt and thongs while doing it if he wants. The bullies don't go for the strange, they go for the weak.
He'd just be shunned and trash talked by most people, systematic physical bullying is not that often nowadays, in comparison to that.

Except the majority of humans in existence are obsessively selfish and have better things to do with their lives than trash talking at the someone different at said someone's every appearance. It gets old and tiring fast. Then it gets funny and satirized, then it gets accepted as a fringe within an acceptable norm. And then the last one stubborn person who makes the same jokes over and over again get taken out back and slapped over the head because everyone wants him to shut up and get on with life.

Sir Saladin said:
Hadhod said:

Maybe you didn't have to walk to and from school. Getting a ride to the door helps prevent beatings.
I was walking to school every day in my 12 years of school.  :wink:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Except the majority of humans in existence are obsessively selfish and have better things to do with their lives than trash talking at the someone different at said someone's every appearance. It gets old and tiring fast. Then it gets funny and satirized, then it gets accepted as a fringe within an acceptable norm. And then the last one stubborn person who makes the same jokes over and over again get taken out back and slapped over the head because everyone wants him to shut up and get on with life.

And that is exactly how it does not work.

Danik said:
He'd just be shunned and trash talked by most people, systematic physical bullying is not that often nowadays, in comparison to that.
Have you got a crystall ball to tell you all this? I had an effeminate classmate in high school, one that you and Gestricius would define as flamboyant gay. He was accepted and never bullied, all because the girls liked him and he was BFF with the popular ones. Also he had a big *****y mouth. The bullies went for the weak ones, who couldn't stand for themselves and didn't have popular (or any) friends. I tell you again: it's weakness that makes you a target, not your wardrobe. I was such a target, because I was weak and lacked any popular friends back then. I have become strong since I started to wear a skirt. (Well, it's a hakama, but it and looks like a skirt and it's fabulous.) So please put your paranoid assumptions back into where it came from and stop thinking that you are most people.

I was weak physically and had few friends in high school, but aside from one fight in Freshman year people left me alone. Letting people push you around is what gets you bullied, not being weak. Anyone who messed with me knew I would ensure that there would be consequences, even if it didn't involve physical violence.

Back
Top Bottom