Favorite improvements in .95x v2 (with poll)

M&B .95x- Favorite improvement

• Rebellion

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • War parties/Campaigns

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Heraldry

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Tournaments

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • New quests

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • NPC banter

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • General ambience (menu art, towns, sounds, idle animations, etc.)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Spears/Rhodoks

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

AvaRice

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I'm curious to know what type of improvements this community is enjoying the most in the newest version. Try to keep it from becoming a list and just describe your top 3 favorite additions.

I'll begin:

1. The war party has been revamped- No more aimless wandering of faction lords. Now we've got organized campaigns with what appear to be clear objectives for the factions, and castles that actually change possession. Once all of those TODO quests are completed I'll be happy to take part in my faction's military campaigns.

2. Matching heraldry- Just taking part in a small scale, 40 vs 40 battle with my allied lords, it was amazing to see the different designs on everyone's equipment. I can't imagine what it'll be like once the battle-sizer is working.

3. Menu art- It's a small detail but I really admire the menu art in this version. I think the images capture the various events and people with great accuracy.

I know there's plenty more to admire, but those are my top 3.

I've added a poll, but there was no maximum vote option so you guys will have to do with choosing your absolute favorite feature. Make sure you choose carefully  :grin:

I absolutely love that you can rebel against your sovereign if he declines you the castle/town you have spilt so much blood for. :twisted:

1. Idle animations.

2. multiple item modifiers on the same item (I saw a Balanced Heavy Bastard Sword)

3. Retreating from battle by leaving some men behind.

AvaRice said:
2. Matching heraldry- Just taking part in a small scale, 40 vs 40 battle with my allied lords, it was amazing to see the different designs on everyone equipment. I can't imagine what it'll be like once the battle-sizer is working.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but the battle-sizer for .903 works with .950. :eek:

f84b34fff3e6dfd391fd4b97c0e1ec31e70886bc.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words :razz:

Love the new tournament, the training grounds, the NPC's, the new quests, the new factions....

Hell, it'd be quicker to list what I didn't like, if I could think of something. Erm, lack of bagpipes in the soundtrack!

How do you get a quest to become a Bandit King?

I love the new animations, it was a step in the right direction (just need more of them) as it breathed life into the world, which was populated by lifeless statues before.

Chel said:
2. multiple item modifiers on the same item (I saw a Balanced Heavy Bastard Sword)
I believe that Heavy Bastard Sword is a total different weapon with Bastard Sword :cool:
never looked at item_kinds.txt of this version though.

1.) New animations.
2.) New armour and weapons.
3.) The feel of a more filled world. Example, more cities, villages, castle, peoples.

Orisian said:
I absolutely love that you can rebel against your sovereign if he declines you the castle/town you have spilt so much blood for. :twisted:
Whoa can you do full-on split-off form-your-own-faction-I'm-no-vassal-who's-in-charge-NOW-***** rebelling? Booooooyaaaaaa

Also the new companions and the fact all of them are fleshed out characters rather than Healing guy Pathfinding guy Tactics guy party skill puppets is great.

Neural Eclipse said:
How do you get a quest to become a Bandit King?

I love the new animations, it was a step in the right direction (just need more of them) as it breathed life into the world, which was populated by lifeless statues before.

I mean a mercenary system that works like Bandit King's, not a quest to become a Bandit King.. Haha.

Orisian said:
AvaRice said:
2. Matching heraldry- Just taking part in a small scale, 40 vs 40 battle with my allied lords, it was amazing to see the different designs on everyone equipment. I can't imagine what it'll be like once the battle-sizer is working.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but the battle-sizer for .903 works with .950. :eek:
I LOVE
YOU <3
..no i don't but why didn't i know that earlier?

I love and hate the new faction system. It's great to be waging war with the lords but on the other hand it sucks.. You loose all your freedom because the lords keep whining that I have to be there killing the bloody khergits.

The ambushes were nice first. Surprised me a lot but now that I'm ambushed every time I enter a town during the night, it's a bit annoying.

So all in all I like most of the new features but they would require quite a lot of tweaking to be more enjoyable.
Oh and nothing is cooler than having Sanjar Khan as your prisoner when you get 9000 denars for him..  :wink:

Baron Bonghits said:
Orisian said:
Whoa can you do full-on split-off form-your-own-faction-I'm-no-vassal-who's-in-charge-NOW-***** rebelling? Booooooyaaaaaa
Yes you can, but I don;t think you can get vassals though.  :sad:

And don't forget the new battle system.

People keep taking about new animations, idle and otherwise.
My men just stand deadly still, still.

Also, the new campaigning, it's made the game fun again. This is the last version since .6xx that I've really played extensively.

Back
Top Bottom