SP Native Farms, guilds, craftsmen v 0.24 (+ howto guide for modders)

Users who are viewing this thread

sheek

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
Aka Calradian Capitalism

+ Source Files
+ Howto guide to transfer to your own mod

Too rich? Need something to do with your excess money?

Tired of wars and want to settle down on your own little bit of land?

Need new uses for your slaves? Feel like betting on the stock market?

All this will be covered in this new mod!

v 0.24 features:

Farms
Three farms around Zendar you can buy.
Choose what crops to plant for different profits.
Must provide labor for farm - slaves or recruited farmers.
Can re-draft the farmers into your army when you need them.
Can set garrison for your farm (Zendarian troops only)
Garrison helps defend farm from random attacks
Minor fixes (including sw farm fix)

Guilds
A merchants guild in Zendar
Buy shares, gives you (currently) fixed sum back every day

Craftsmen[/url]
Can buy out indebted craftsmen (weaponsmith, armorer, blacksmith)
Give you fixed sum back every day. Weaponsmith and armorer produce specific items on demand for 10% less than usual.

Anyway, this is a beta. Several features I'd planned I haven't been able to put in because I have to figure out how to and I'm going to give this a rest for a few days. I think it might be compatible with vanilla save games but not 100% sure...

This isn't a standalone mod. The idea is that other modders use it in their own projects, and anyone can add to it.

Talk to the Constable in Zendar Square. It's pretty explanatory.

In v 0.25+:

Can enslave more prisoners than just river pirates
A house on your farm with a chest like Zendar tavern chest.
Random events. Partners try to cheat you, ship sinks, shop burns down etc. Slave revolts?
Craftsmen give you discounts on their goods.
Own a salt mine.
Your ideas.

Get both the current version and the source files here:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=89

Alternatively:

HOW TO ADD THIS TO YOUR EXISTING MOD (v 0.14)
---------------------------------------------------

0/ Back up your work

1/ Download the source files

2/ Open up module_dialogs

3/ Copy all the dialog under the #Mod: Farms etc label, down to the beginning of Constable Hareck's River Pirates quest dialog.

4/Paste it into your own mod's module_dialogs

5/ Open up module_scenes

6/ Copy the six farm scenes (3 interior, 3 exterior)

7/ Paste them into your modul_scenes

8/ Do the same thing for module_game_menus

9/ Same for module_troops. Copy the three farmers in the middle, plus the three farm_chests at the end of the file.

10/ Same for module_parties. Three entries to copy, the farms.

11/ Now check that none of the variables (ie. "$variable") conflict. I don't think there will be because I named them clearly. The only possible overlap is $profits which I'll rename in the next version.

12/ Copy the code of each new module into a text editor such as Word. I think Excel is better (no scrolling, clearer to see). Use the replace tool (Ctrl-h in Excel) to find and rename all the items which you want to change the name of.

13/ For example, if you want a farm to be around Rivacheg, and call the farm Farmer_Johns_Farm then type into 'find': "zendar_sw_farm" and into 'replace': "rivacheg_farmer_john_farm". It will rename all the dialog action states, variables, etc without you having to go through it all.

14/ If you want more farms, more craftsmen, etc make a duplicate of the section of code and rename it in the same way to what you want. If you add farms the module files you'll need to use are module_parties, module_dialogs, module_scenes and module_game_menus. If you're adding characters (farmers, craftsmen, etc) module_troops and module_dialogs.

15/ If you've changed any names or added new farms, go into the SceneObj directory of your installed FGC mod and copy the six new scenes to a temporary directory. Rename them to match the scene names you gave in your module_scenes. If you're adding one farm you'll need two extra scn files (one _int and one _ext).

16/ Go into module_info and change the export directory to the directory you want the new version of the mod in.

16/ Compile your new module files with build_module.bat.

17/ Copy the new scn files you put in the temporary directory. Go to Mount & Blade/Modules/Your module/ directory. Go into the SceneObj directory. Paste.

18/ See if it works.

OK, I messed up. Don't download that file, it'll be back up in a few minutes.

Sounds great. Do these places generate a fixed amount of income based on wages and whatnot? It would be nice if you included more specific details about your mod in the post if you want more people to use it.

Link is back up. Hope the south west farm works.

Crackmonkey, I've put a feature list up. There isn't much.

The South West farm isnt working, only option is to "tell me about yourself" "leave" :wink:

Also if i want to assign guards to a farm, the dialogue stops and i have to alt+f4 the game.

Can buy farms unlimited times... and such things. :razz:

But overall a good start, hope you improve this in the near future!

planting wine doesnt seem to work also, he still says they are making potatoes also i cant chose wine and the sugar or what ever the third is, when i chose wine. (only the first 2 choices are selectable)

Lu Bu said:
The South West farm isnt working, only option is to "tell me about yourself" "leave" :wink:

Also if i want to assign guards to a farm, the dialogue stops and i have to alt+f4 the game.

Can buy farms unlimited times... and such things. :razz:

But overall a good start, hope you improve this in the near future!

planting wine doesnt seem to work also, he still says they are making potatoes also i cant chose wine and the sugar or what ever the third is, when i chose wine. (only the first 2 choices are selectable)

Hmm.

The guards aren't meant to work but I thought you could just tab out.

I thought the unlimited buying had been fixed.

The crop stuff is new to me. Do you have enough money to buy them? I haven't put in dialog that says whether you can afford for farms it unlike the guilds and craftsmen.

When i first bought wine yes, later i dont know, but the farm still doesnt seem to produce anything, but potatoes.

Sounds like a good start for a mod, I haven't tried it out yet though.

I'm also glad to see somebody else offering their stuff to be included in other mods. :smile:

You're welcome to also host the mod itself (not just the source) on my site if you want.

You're right, Lu I left a whole bit out of the code... I'd already written it but took it out to try to get the thing to compile.

Everything except the south west farmer should be working now.

Very good i will test it again and see if i find something. :wink:

Already found one! :roll:

hmmmmmm I still can buy a farm unlimited times.

When i ask what crops we're planting the dialoge dont go on, and game has to be restarted. (North farm)
(cant test the rest)

I think i better wait a bit and let you overall improve the thing! :wink:

Lu Bu said:
Very good i will test it again and see if i find something. :wink:

Already found one! :roll:

hmmmmmm I still can buy a farm unlimited times.

When i ask what crops we're planting the dialoge dont go on, and game has to be restarted. (North farm)
(cant test the rest)

I think i better wait a bit and let you overall improve the thing! :wink:

The working version is on Janus' website. No bugs!

So are the source files.

By the way you can tab out of 'stuck' scenes. No need to close the game down.

Everytime i go to a farm and speak to the NPC there, he tells me that the farm is "owned by someone else and if i don't leave he'll get the boys after me" or something like that. and then i have to alt-f4 out of the game because the dialogue wont continue, i've tried tabbing out but no luck.

SilentBob said:
Everytime i go to a farm and speak to the NPC there, he tells me that the farm is "owned by someone else and if i don't leave he'll get the boys after me" or something like that. and then i have to alt-f4 out of the game because the dialogue wont continue, i've tried tabbing out but no luck.
Yeah, you get that message if you don't yet own that farm. I was able to tab out of it though. Those should be set to close_window so they exit without you having to tab out.

Looks cool so far, I've checked out most of it.

Back
Top Bottom