Fair

Users who are viewing this thread

egegezici

Recruit
Hi friends,

this is just a suggestion. Im playing PW for a long time and I really happy to see churchs, but I want to see mosques to. Who can know ?
This can be very good and maps will be better  :grin:

Many maps already include Mosques, take a look:
The Bowman said:
The village. It features a mosque, a smaller bazar and hopefully it'll have some interiors soon.
mb6rc.jpg
No interiors though.
I wonder how would anyone manage to role-play an Imam...

I remember there was a small map RCC made with a church and a mosque

There was a religious war that broke out

that was alot of fun but many people didint see it as RP and the admins had to reset the whole server

it was not a pretty sight

Troubles said:
The Bowman said:
The village. It features a mosque, a smaller bazar and hopefully it'll have some interiors soon.
mb6rc.jpg
No interiors though.

I'm unsure of whether or not that would be wise; Turkey is a secular state, but talk of portraying Imam's virtually on TaleWorld's forums could lead to them taking the cautionary move of muting said voices.

It's completely possible it wouldn't warrant attention, but still, I think staying away from real-world religions IC is safest- "Christians killing Muslims" or "Muslims Enforcing (Not Necessarily Practiced By All or Most or Modern Muslims) Religious Laws" (head veils come to mind as one really annoying guy) and then getting grieved\spammed in global, people spouting ignorant and hateful things.

I mean, yes you can do it, and I personally try to include both religious buildings whenever possible, however you need to see that not every map has a desert and therefore the model looks greatly out of place (the yellow brick of the Mosque blending best with the sand).

Ginoenrico said:
I remember there was a small map RCC made with a church and a mosque

There was a religious war that broke out

that was alot of fun but many people didint see it as RP and the admins had to reset the whole server

it was not a pretty sight

You mean the Polish skinheads going "Kill Jews, kill Muslims, long live KKK...." etc?

I actually like it when they do what you just said they do Pilgrim. Makes it easier to permaban those bastards.

Azrayel said:
Troubles said:
The Bowman said:
mb6rc.jpg
No interiors though.

I'm unsure of whether or not that would be wise; Turkey is a secular state, but talk of portraying Imam's virtually on TaleWorld's forums could lead to them taking the cautionary move of muting said voices.

It's completely possible it wouldn't warrant attention, but still, I think staying away from real-world religions IC is safest- "Christians killing Muslims" or "Muslims Enforcing (Not Necessarily Practiced By All or Most or Modern Muslims) Religious Laws" (head veils come to mind as one really annoying guy) and then getting grieved\spammed in global, people spouting ignorant and hateful things.

I mean, yes you can do it, and I personally try to include both religious buildings whenever possible, however you need to see that not every map has a desert and therefore the model looks greatly out of place (the yellow brick of the Mosque blending best with the sand).
I meant in terms of costumes and looks (I can't recall a warband costume that can look like an Imam's) and in terms of what the player is going to say, since the majority of PW community are European (thus non-Muslims). It would be a hard task for them to role-play an Imam.
Crusades and Jihads can be fun, especially in a map of 2 castles or something... But yeah you're right about staying away from real-world religion. I don't really trust the community's immaturity, which will lead to needless hurt talks.

Back
Top Bottom