Faction Heraldry Registry

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookiejunkie said:
Hello Vornne.

some time ago I made a new banner for the faction "Duchy of Brackaltwald" And i wanted to know if you could change the banner i had added to another one instead.

Old one:
Faction colour: Red (Same as the brackground if you can, I know Rhakom could :smile: )
I71hpFO.png

Wanting it changed to this:

New one:
H5AnVTy.png

Faction colour still red and such.

I Made this banner for the "House Atreides" Faction.
The Faction's Main colour is the dark blue colour in the stripe.
atreides.png

TheConstiify said:
Hello would you add the Kingdom of Lorraine Banner? Thank you!
No: that image link doesn't work.
sushimaster006 said:
It would be great if this banner could be implemented, it is for House Adeney, a sub-clan to Brack.
TacticalRetreat said:
This banner is for the Earldom of Pontrefact,otherwise known as the House of De Crecy.
Added for next version.
Knockernit said:
Hello,i would appreciate if this banner that i made for House Hornwood (biggest sub faction within the north) could be implemented into the mod.
Knockernit said:
The Hornwood one should be accepted since all i did was take the moose out but i created everything else.Doubt there is any copyright on that.
The moose is almost the only creative thing on the banner: selecting one half of a M&B base texture and colorizing it is hardly any work. As the first post specifies, you should have created it yourself or been given it by someone else who did; I wouldn't bother to investigate possible derivation if you took bits from various free clip art sources and mixed them up, modifying beyond obvious recognition, but that moose image is not public domain. While I use a lot of free software and agree with those sorts of licenses (Linux exclusively for almost a decade), the GFDL is not compatible with BSD, which PW is released under: I used the BSD license mainly because the Warband module system from TaleWorlds has no clear license, and it would seem wrong to try control derived parts more than they have. Basically, make your own images rather than directly rip from some associated game or fan site.
Knockernit said:
The one that im using someone made by the description from the books and it has no copyright whatsoever.
That is entirely wrong.
Knockernit said:
Also,if this banner that i made for the Kingdom of Croatia could be implemented that would be awesome.
No: that is very modern Croatian heraldry, way outside the historical period (and far too complex to look good, as you suggest).
Knockernit said:
If that one wouldn't work due to too much detail this one would do the job:
That seems much more suitable for the setting, and it doesn't seem to be directly copied from anything I can find, so it can be added. Presuming a white background.
Takeda_Shingen said:
The New North Banner. Background colour: White

Is it possible to add this banner?
No, that is taken directly from exactly the same wiki as above.
SanadaSamurai said:
House bolton banner:
As said, that banner has been tried so often the derivation is obvious. Make your own or don't bother.
TheConstiify said:
Would you add our Banner?
No: your image can't be viewed.
Not_David said:
I Made this banner for the "House Atreides" Faction.
No: the design is taken directly from another game.

I don't understand why the moose is a problem since it is free to use from what i know. It's up to you to decide though not me. Yes,the color for the Croatian banner would be white.

James Grant said:
I believe the Stark,Arryn,Lannister banners all came from some OSP banner pack. You will however need to ensure the image you took the moose from is free to be used.

Edit,if it is from the following image then the moose is free to use I believe.

512px-House_Hornwood.PNG

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

Indeed, the moose can also be found on the Coat of Arms of Zemgale, which is on Wikimedia commons.

I want to say that the moose itself is from Arthur Charles Fox-Davies' A Complete Guide to Heraldry, but I can't be certain, as I don't have the book with me nor the desire to flip through it if I did. It's public domain, however, and many if not all of the charges in it are free to use.

EDIT: Upon further examination of the moose, I've decided that I don't think it is from Fox-Davies' book. It is still the same moose as this one from Wiki Commons, though.

Coat_of_Arms_of_Zemgale.svg

#2 This banner is for the Kingdom of Lorraine.The Kingdom of Lorraine is a EU Nexus clan and was started in January 2014. Would you add it for me?

khzndk1yubb.png

http://www7.pic-upload.de/12.02.14/khzndk1yubb.png
This link should work now...

- Consti

I was wondering if you could possibly add a banner to the style of the Dothraki? I recently started the faction officially but don't really have any good banners to choose from, at the moment Arranika got me this banner which may be tweaked and improved slightly but was wondering if you would consider it possibly?

dothrakibanner_zps552b75b2.png

Burakkuada said:
I was wondering if you could possibly add a banner to the style of the Dothraki? I recently started the faction officially but don't really have any good banners to choose from, at the moment Arranika got me this banner which may be tweaked and improved slightly but was wondering if you would consider it possibly?

dothrakibanner_zps552b75b2.png

The design on this banner is taken directly from here.

Might I suggest this design instead?

Ox7yaCW.png

The horses are taken from a German coat of arms and are therefore public domain.

QuikerThenSilver said:
Made another banner for: House Atreides we can use this one..
The eagle design you used does not seem to be public domain, rather an image for sale here. Not accepted.
Operatic Ocelot said:
Indeed, the moose can also be found on the Coat of Arms of Zemgale, which is on Wikimedia commons.
Since that source chronologically precedes the ASOIAF wiki and seems to have compatible permissions, the banner can be included.
TheConstiify said:
#2 This banner is for the Kingdom of Lorraine. Would you add it for me?
No, the link does not work. Never use pic-upload.de if you want to present to a global audience: that site totally blocks many countries, only giving an error message.
Operatic Ocelot said:
Might I suggest this design instead?
Yes, that is acceptable, and looks much better anyway. Presuming yellow background color; it's really the only choice.

TheConstiify said:
#2 This banner is for the Kingdom of Lorraine.The Kingdom of Lorraine is a EU Nexus clan and was started in January 2014. Would you add it for me?

khzndk1yubb.png

http://www7.pic-upload.de/12.02.14/khzndk1yubb.png
This link should work now...

- Consti

Upload it to: http://imgur.com/

QuikerThenSilver said:
1780815_1376031456000044_1437209902_n.jpg

BTW please use as collor the blue thats in the banner...

Can someone make a banner for House Atreides??? i have the mad skillzz of a 2 years old kid that never saw a spoon in his life.... i love the person that makes 1 for us! we really need one!

QuikerThenSilver said:
QuikerThenSilver said:
1780815_1376031456000044_1437209902_n.jpg

BTW please use as collor the blue thats in the banner...

Can someone make a banner for House Atreides??? i have the mad skillzz of a 2 years old kid that never saw a spoon in his life.... i love the person that makes 1 for us! we really need one!

Possibly. PM me with your needs and I'll see what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom