Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Users who are viewing this thread

TheOriginalDaniel said:
interesting looking awesome are you going to redo the female faces to? also were can i get a better texture mod for the body's themselves?
he is working on females,but there arent any mods that improves the body

kuauik said:
TheOriginalDaniel said:
interesting looking awesome are you going to redo the female faces to? also were can i get a better texture mod for the body's themselves?
he is working on females,but there arent any mods that improves the body
hm i would of thought someone would have textures that would improve the body/armor ect. by now? i might try working on a mod myself tho i doubt it will see the light of day for sometime :razz:

xenoargh said:
For females, I released an upgraded mesh quite some time ago, it's in the Blood and Steel source- woman_body_new
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2285 i managed to find that while searching around, im gonna it out today to see how it looks

Shanehere said:
It gives me can't find material male bla bla bla something if I start Diplomacy mod

You've most likely missed some step, make sure that in modules.ini you've changed load_resource = materials_face_gen and load_resource = textures_face_gen to load_mod_resource, as long as all the files in resources and textures are in textures in the diplomacy folder it should load correctly.

Wu-long said:
Can I use this in With Fire and Sword?
I haven't tested it, With Fire and Sword has a few new beards and hairs that wouldn't be replaced in this mod, so not sure what effect that could have. At best it wouldn't crash and you'd have the same faces minus those Fire and Sword beards and hairs, but it also might just crash.

Any idea if / when we'll see the equivalent for women?  I've been highly tempted to try this out... but... since integrating faces is a major big dealio (I already have a lot of custom face skins and stuff, and getting all of the faces fixed up in a big custom project gets a little... lengthy) I am more-or-less waiting to see if I can do it in one go.  Some notes / thoughts:

1.  No matter what period we're talking about, women wore makeup.  Yeah, makeup.  A commoner in a village might not use anything more than crushed flower petals and some charcoal, and then only for a fair or wedding, but women in the cities or members of the upper classes have worn makeup since the most ancient days (literally, at least 3000 BC).  So please include women who wear makeup that's appropriate to their culture and station.  This is one of the areas where the original Warband skins are historically inaccurate and just look wrong; women then, like women today, used makeup.

2.  For quite a few Northern African peoples, facial scarring was quite popular and important culturally.  I only found time to do it for one of the faces I did, but I thought I'd note it.

3.  Facial tatoos were popular in a lot of cultures.

4.  I'd like to see more sunburn and weathering.  People were outdoors a lot more than we are today.  Realistically, that means a lot of commoners over 30 looked like they were in their 60s, by today's standards; the sun and weather do a lot of damage to people's skin.  At the same time, it's a game, so it's best not to overdo it too much.

Anyhow, sorry if this sounds like a long list of demands or anything!  I just thought I'd note that I'm interested in this project and what I'd like to see, ideally :smile:

Maybe you could get Broken_One's permission to merge it with this one? http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1953

Barf said:
Maybe you could get Broken_One's permission to merge it with this one? http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1953

I would looove to see that.  I'd grabbed OpenBRF and .. experimented a bit with import/export to try and merge them myself (for personal use), but unfortunately, I'm missing things that need to be done to make it right.  Including figuring out what all can be just smooth import/exported, and what has to be re-added and put back in by hand.  That's before even tackling the skins.txt, which .. well.. might be easy.  And before musing over wether or not the hairs have been repositioned or reshaped for the new male head mesh.  I can honestly say, it makes me a bit crazy to think about.
  Question for you, Barf..
    Didn't you do an update for Broken_One's pack, and they turned around and linked that in their original posting for their work?  It makes me wonder if you've got permission to fiddle about with things as you will or not.. and if you do, well, this seems to be open in permissions as well..

In short, any chance someone can talk your wonderful self into checking in with Broken_One and trying to do a merged release with this, to see if it can be done in a remotely smooth manner?  .. Failing that, if it -is- a smooth process to merge them, care to explain how, so people can do it on a personal basis? ^_^

Thanks for the time, and thanks for Iboltax's work here as well.  It's pretty nifty!

- Shirra

Originally I had pointed out some improvement's that could be made to Broken_One's faces and was told that he would no longer update it and was given permission to edit the files.
It's not terribly hard to merge the two packs, basically all the files included in the pack with the exception of the textures have to be edited to include the entries the other has added.

I wouldn't presume to have any rights to it but, I don't think Broken_One would complain either as long as he was given credit.

Upon installing this into WFaS I was delighted to see that it worked, in character generation, dialogue scenes and everything. But it crashes when you enter scenes such as battle or a tavern. Any clues why?

Probably because of the beards and hairs. WFaS has a couple of new beard and hairstyles, so even though you can install this just fine and create a character, once you enter a scene with characters that have WFaS beards and hairs assigned to them it crashes because it doesn't find those resources. A cheap and easy way to fix this would be just create corresponding duplicate entries in the BRFs of the beards and hairs and add them into the skins.txt as well. I'd like to make an update to add WFaS support as it wouldn't be too hard to edit the couple of beards and hairs they added to fit the new models, but I haven't had much time to work on any of this stuff lately. So I really can't say I will.

Back
Top Bottom