B Tutorial 3D Extension Tutorial - Making Scenes and Scene props (using wings3d)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoshiboy said:
like i said near the begining, as the computer reads the collision mesh so often it is essential that you keep it as low polly as possible. 1000 isnt sooo bad....but its not brilliant.

Having the collission mesh low for performance I can get, with it being invisible and all...

But what is the recomended poly for a structure really? Unless you are making a barrel or a small fence, 1000 polys is fairly crappy for larger models...if it's to look decent that is...sure, you can play around with the texture, but a wall consisting of quadratic lumber would look fairly silly...

quick question...so if i want to make a siege map (basically a castle) i have meshes for the stronghold, the walls, the gate,the houses and the ground?

Well, i have created 2 .brf files. A only col file and a only mesh file (i don't need to have inclusive mat and tex, do i?)

I added this line in module.info:
"load_mod_resource = Sword_col"

I added this line in module_scene_props.py:
" ("aaaaaaaaasword",0,"Sword_mesh","Sword_col", []),
]"

I open the game, no error , but i don't see my scene prop in the ingame editor. =(

Hey, what is the mesh called in your BRF file? That's the name you need to put where "Sword_mesh" is. You should probably double check it's assigned a material and texture too.

Back
Top Bottom