Expressing myself about the state of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

This message is primarily aimed at TaleWorlds employees.

I have over 1200 hours under my belt in Bannerlord, strictly as a single player. I come to this forum from time to time, but I only post rarely. In recent weeks, I have noticed growing dissatisfaction with the developer and community management teams, and I wanted to speak out on this subject.

I believe that one of the strengths of your team, since the beginning of Bannerlord, has been the communication you have demonstrated, both to publicize your progress and to collect feedback. In my opinion, a two-way communication expresses an intention of accountability towards a community, and I must admit that it is something that I highly appreciate. On the other hand, it seems to me that there has been radio silence regarding the next updates. For my part, I have no problem that it takes time to get an update. However, I would appreciate having a rough idea of what happens next, whether the next update takes two weeks or six months to arrive. You stood out for your excellent communication so far, and it would be great if it continued!

Haters will always be there, but we need not to focus on them. I think we can be reasonable as a community, but we'd like to have an update with facts and truths!

Whatever happens, thanks for all the hard work TaleWorlds.

This is like yelling into The Void. Whether you're praising them or criticizing them -it dont matter, your speaking into a vacuum of emptiness. Reminds me of the guy whos still sending the occasional text to an old GF whos completely moved on with her life, gotta new job, dog, City, family etc "...but im still here for you, should you wanna call. We still have so much to look forward to, just dont shut me out...!"

*radio static silence intensifies*

I guess the next update could be the last from them for the base game, and i wish it'll be great... but only time will tell.
I sure hope it is so we can all just move on and mods get to fix/compensate all the failed implementations from TW. It won't be a great patch at all; no roadmap updates, all hush-hush on absolutely everything, no teaser of what's being worked, no ETAs at all, no communication.

I personally just hope that they are busy with a 1.3 update. B4 they shared the news with us about the 1.2 update they did not say anything about it either. We all tought there would be no updates anymore. Many gave up on the game. And then they posted a thread about the 1.2 update. I just hope that everything goes alot faster then the 1.2 update, we had to wait for ages for it to come to Console.

Also i think the game got alot more difficult when you have to start a New Campaign after 1.2 update. I tried 2 times and failed. I really want to love the game but it gets really hard now and TW saying nothing to us does not help. Grtz Vaan.

I believe that one of the strengths of your team, since the beginning of Bannerlord, has been the communication you have demonstrated, both to publicize your progress and to collect feedback.
When have they ever been good at communication? I saw a small rise of it one time, but other than that? No.

When have they ever been good at communication? I saw a small rise of it one time, but other than that? No.
'Good' for TW is just normal baseline like we get from self-inflated AAA studios; that was maybe the first half year of the EA release back in 2020? Then, after that refactoring, things just went downhill progressively with both communication and with the patches/fixes.

Not sure why people still expect significant updates after the game is out of EA. I guess because the game was so disappointing people still expect the devs to just keep adding stuff until its good. They wont. This is it.

The majority of the posts in this forum are s***ing on the game. I would rather have them work on the game than to have the respond to all the s*** posts. I agree with the OP, ignore the haters and keep moving forward, most of us enjoy playing the game. The haters have a need for attention and since they are allowed to s*** post on these forums, they will do so. There is a way to fix that, which is why I would not make a good Community Manager.

The majority of the posts in this forum are s***ing on the game. I would rather have them work on the game than to have the respond to all the s*** posts. I agree with the OP, ignore the haters and keep moving forward, most of us enjoy playing the game. The haters have a need for attention and since they are allowed to s*** post on these forums, they will do so. There is a way to fix that, which is why I would not make a good Community Manager.
Ah, you mean censorship?
I want them to work on the game, but they've not really shown much in the last few years to the contrary. Any they can't even share a single sentence of what's upcoming; why?

Ah, you mean censorship?
If someone comes to your home, takes a dump on the floor claiming it's a form of expression and you try to stop them, is that censorship?

I want them to work on the game, but they've not really shown much in the last few years to the contrary. Any they can't even share a single sentence of what's upcoming; why?
I agree some news would be nice. But they tried that and it backfired. Those obnoxious whiners s*** on the news. At some point, you have to say, it's not worth it.

I agree some news would be nice. But they tried that and it backfired. Those obnoxious whiners s*** on the news. At some point, you have to say, it's not worth it.
Show it.

Show us the posts that TW put up showcasing a reasonable update (not pissy bug fixes) to the game and where the rest of the community **** on the news so much so that it would be reasonable to say they should never do it again.

This vitriol must be so extreme that it obviously transcendend all platforms as well including Reddit, twitter and Facebook as well seeing as they don't post any updates there either didn't it? Or maybe is it because they haven't updated the game that they don't post updates?

Then explain to us why a community should stay silent about Devs running off with money on a full priced game with a half completed product (based on ours, game critics and professional reviews), when it clearly does have an affect to move things along. See, Escape from Tarkiv, KSP2, CS2 etc.

Why is it that this company is allowed sell an unfinished product and not explain to the previous, current and future customers what is happening to the product they paid for.

You wouldn't get away with this is any other industry other than the gaming one, and although the company itself (Taleworlds in this case) is another culprit to this blight on tbe industry it's boot lickers and million dollar company simps that are the most pathetic out of the two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom