Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

is this thread about a NEW expansion, or about warband? Im a bit confused. will there be a new expansion for Mount and blade?

gogec1 said:
Improve the music please. Buying rights from from Enya and other bands that are playing music for Lord of the rings shouldnt be such huge financial problem. :grin: :grin: :grin:
music thread is somewhere else, last time i checked. AND COME ON, ENYA! the game is medieval, not treehugging!

Suggestion for an expansion or modification:

General description of gameplay:

The grass sways gently before it is crushed under the heavy boots of the loyal (AI) soldiers of your unit and of the units of other (human) commanders spread in an impressive line to your right and left. The crest of the rolling hill approaches and gives way to a scenic view of the shades of green and brown stretching out along the hills and fields before the sturdy army you march with (and by which you have been paid well). The scout cavalry has reported (in your chat window) the enemy main army is below the crest of the next hill just out of sight. The command comes down the line from your (human) General and you shout it to the 25 AI armored sergeants you command... Charge!...

The above is my summary vision for a prospective Multiplayer mode/tactical battle simulator I'll dub Mercenary Commander mode.  If that teaser peaks your interest, read on and drop your thoughts below.

Nuts and bolts description:

Mercenary Commander mode puts you, the player, in command of a number (5 to 25 (scale-able to allow for more/less powerful CPUs))  of the finest (that you can afford) AI soldiers, forming a company to be hired out in battles to whichever human general has paid for their loyalty.  The player controls a customize-able commander avatar while issuing orders to his AI company on the battlefield.  Spend the hard-earned gold/valor points you earn each battle (with bonuses for team play and completing your general's orders) to upgrade your loyal soldiers' equipment and attributes along the tech-tree in which you specialize. Infantry, archers, cavalry, scouts, or mighty siege engineers, you earn your pay on the battlefield carrying out the orders of the general who pays your tab against the equally ambitious human commanders who have chosen (or been chosen by) the opposing flag.  Realistic equipment and movement modeling promote strategy and teamwork over headlong charges.

On the persistent region map, any player (or perhaps an AI auto-generated system) can “propose” an attack anywhere along the “front line” between the territories controlled by each of the three factions.  A battle icon will then spawn allowing players to offer their company for hire in the battle to the general proposing the attack.  A set “resource” of gold (variable to allow for some different flavor) is determined for each battle and split evenly for each general (attacker and defender) to use to hire mercenary commander units.  (For the sake of keeping this a long rather than epic post, I won’t go into the faction “regulars” system whereby commanders can join a specific faction for bonuses at the expense of higher gold payouts to mercenary commanders.)  Better equipped and more experienced units cost more than green units in a quantity vs quality trade-off.  Green “recruit” units need not fear never getting chosen as resource allocations will promote “fitting in” cheaper units when not enough remains for expensive ones.  Multiple battles will be available at any given time allowing for units to find battles without significant delay and will play into generals' strategies as units become available (or not) at the time of each “attack”, promoting diverse battles.

You can choose to personally jump into the battle with your commander avatar to turn the tide of engagements as you assist your (AI) men in battles against rival commanders' (AI) men or even the rival commander himself (human player), but beware. A fall to a mortal wound (healed after the battle, of course) by your commander will cause your men to flee, resulting in a loss of valor points and bonus gold.

One player takes the role of General for each side, placing the units on his side into a battle formation and issuing orders that are displayed to respective commanders as indicators visible only to those for whom they are relevant.  For example, “order” your light cavalry to flank to the hilltop to the west – a green “move to” icon appears to the selected units’ commanders on the mini map.  Order an infantry charge – blue “charge” icons appear for every infantry commander.  An easy General interface allows multiple unit selection for group orders and an overlay brought up on command to shows all currently issued orders with “footprint” indicators of where each unit has been ordered to move or hold.

In return for carrying out the General’s orders, bonuses are earned by commanders in gold and valor points.  In addition, bonuses are earned on each side for feats such as “holding the line”, “break-through”, “head hunter” (most kills), ect. as well as a bonus to each of the victorious side’s commanders.

AI unit soldiers and commanders’ own personal avatars earn experience and gold to be spent on RPG-style upgrades such as improvements to armor/weapons, additional equipment (thrown weapons or larger shields for infantry, faster or sturdier horses for calvary, anti-calvary stakes planted before archers, deadly new siege engines such as ballistae and trebuchets, ect), movements speed, discipline (less likely to flee, less time to react to commander orders), damage dealt or defense ability.  Veteran soldiers fight more effectively and earn more from hiring generals.

Are you ready for command?

-----------

I’m no modder (much respect to those of you who are), but I think this prospectus has potential.  So I figured I’d just throw it out here to see what the community thought.  My feelings won’t be hurt.  If you have any thoughts, drop them here.

Happy gaming.

Well I didn't read the whole thread, so if I'm saying something that has already been told... ok my brother and I love this game but it would be nice if there was a kind of RPG mode it would be like singleplayer, but in multiplayer mode, we could fight against each other join forces, be in the other player army, trade, make realms and have a player has a vassal, marry with bots or players (different sex (not discriminating anyone)), and an in-game program or something like that to edit our banners that would be nice it.

The Vaegirs really needs to get some cool armour. I mean, was all this the best Russian armour you found? Common guys, they was helmets similiar with viking helmets, they was using colourful armours and had straight swords, flails... But currently in the game they are a faction the majority tries to avoid...

to the developers,

Fantastic Game the single player is engaging and challenging with excellent control of the difficulty settings but simple to setup to.
Graphics look excellent without taxing the hardware (its good not to have to spend $1000 on a new graphics card just to start a game).
i think the current multiplayer game is good fun but somewhat limiting, as much as i enjoy running down hordes of archers and footman  on horse back with friends I would really like to see a multiplayer campaign mode.

I would like to see

8 - 12 players in a LAN game start thier own wa bands in the same persistant environment, with each player allowed to fight or ally with the other players.
The saved campaign could be played afterwards by a solo player (or less players) with the other player warbands reverting to NPC control.
players would be able to join a game in progress by taking over one of the previously saved warbands. obviously thier would have to be a limit on how many player controlled warbands could exist at one time.
any balance issues within gameplay because of a team of players could be addressed by added hostility from the NPC's or by the players uping the campaign difficulty and combat difficulty.
This could also be hosted on a dedicated server

I do not know if it has been mentioned before, but online multiplayer should be very easily very very epic. Just have it like the normal campaign, just that time never pauses and you can be several people in it at the same time.
Edit: just saw that someone had mentioned it, though it still is a very epic thing to think about. You can form your own nation with your friends and stuff. that would be very very epic

What i miss in this game is the option to make some "gear templates" like i have seen they got in CS, it will make buying gear much faster when changing class/role. so that when im in the outfit menu, i could just hit F1(or what ever keys they were set to) and then i have the basic gear i use for musketeer ect.

For multiplayer.
Didn't read the whole thread, but..

1] Picking the size of the poll text, and it's location. [Up/Down]
2] Siege engines. [Testudo, Onager, Ballista, Catapult, Gallery, more versions of the Siege Tower.]
3] Customizable banners which everyone can see. [Just like weapon stickers in Black Ops.]
4] More customization options.
5] Buying presets. [3 templates + 6 slots for your own.]
6] Reduce some prices.
7] New game-mode! Race! Simply, a horse race with the super-awesome mounted bow and arrow fights.
8] New game-mode, which isn't really a combat one. You just build stuff for fun, and then you can battle it out. For fun.

For singleplayer, expansions and some ideas.

1] Calradia at Arms - Adds more weapons, more troop-trees, more companions and more locations! Adds a new faction called the Sacro Impero, which sort of [but not fully] resembles the Holy Roman Empire, adds more troops, more weapons, and more goods as well! This would also add some vessels which you could buy, and which would take up a space in your inventory, under your character so you can use them on-sea. This, just so it isn't easy adds an island, which is ruled by The Exiles. Basically, a bunch of all-around elite troops from each and every faction who left for some reason. The Exiles also patrol around the island, and are a big threat to any explorer who tries to set foot onto the island. In general, they're overpowered.

2] Better Artificial Intelligence. Really self explanatory, they're kinda dumb, even on the hard difficulty.

3] More defense options. Usage of oil, draw-bridges and such. Not the standard "lol i'll put archers and that's that."

4] A bunch of new factions.. Simply an update which adds a new faction, the South Slavs. [Vaegirs are Eastern Slavs, meaning they kind of resemble Russia.] So, this would add Serbia and Croatia [Both re-named, of course.], and both would be quite powerful due to the fact that they were powerful, they just didn't play the right cards in history, heh.

5] More weapons! Simply, just add more weapons. What we have is sort of getting dull and I'd like to try out a new melee weapon.

6] More character customization options.

7] Advanced economy and diplomacy. [Just like the Diplomacy mod.]

8] Suggested before - Instant Replay.

So, what do you think?!

My suggestion is to do a new Mount & Blade, relying Calradia that time is passing by the Wild Wild West, :wink:

You know ... Colts, Duels, Cowboys, The Confederacy, the clothing typical of the Wild West, caravans of the Wild West, Gold Rush, County of Families, outlaws, sheriff, saloon, Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns

The game would be very interesting! :smile:

This is my suggestion, let me know if you like the idea and evolve it!

I'm sure if you think about it, you'll find more things to put in the new game

Back
Top Bottom