Excesive slow training make game boring. Please training perks should be buffed.

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree, it's pretty idiotic that slaughtering half-naked people can morph peasants into elite soldiers, but actual training is more or less useless.

I've solved this with a house mod where leadership (for regular units) and roguery (for bandit units) give a certain amount of xp according to their level and the level of the troops.
It should be up to TaleWorlds to fix this, but they took two years to change without fixing something as simple as the damage calculation (which is literally a 20 mn job) so I don't hold my breath here and I prefer to fix it myself.
I would be interested to know this mod

We should be playing different games. I find getting T5 and T6 units too easy and fast.

Yes, passive training is slow but battles give tons of experience.

On the other hand, training companions is a pain.

We should be playing different games. I find getting T5 and T6 units too easy and fast.

I was talking through training. For example, in my current game, one month after recruitment, my army still has many recruits.

Last edited:
I completely agree with @Dabos37, I also find getting tier 4-5-6 troops too easy. This is probably due to my 1000+ hours of combined playtime in Warband & Bannerlord, as well as my knowledge rather than troops being too easy to upgrade though, so I don't think that levelling high tier troops should be made harder. But, getting them most certainly should not be made easier in my opinion.

The survival rate for high tier troops even with a low medicine level of 50 is really good, so once you get over the hurdle of levelling up a few troops to the max tier, you will continue to accumulate more than enough high tier troops. This is especially true if you level up leadership to get the perks to recruit prisoners faster.

I completely agree with @Dabos37, I also find getting tier 4-5-6 troops too easy. This is probably due to my 1000+ hours of combined playtime in Warband & Bannerlord, as well as my knowledge rather than troops being too easy to upgrade though, so I don't think that levelling high tier troops should be made harder. But, getting them most certainly should not be made easier in my opinion.

The survival rate for high tier troops even with a low medicine level of 50 is really good, so once you get over the hurdle of levelling up a few troops to the max tier, you will continue to accumulate more than enough high tier troops. This is especially true if you level up leadership to get the perks to recruit prisoners faster.
All the time I am speaking about training. Yes, in combat is easy to upgrade troops.

But when you ONLY have recluits, you cant train them. This is my complain. Please read me before answer.

If you ONLY have recluits you must send them vs troops or looters to train them. It has no sense. Tier 2 and Tier 3 should be easy to reach throught training

All the time I am speaking about training. Yes, in combat is easy to upgrade troops.

But when you ONLY have recluits, you cant train them. This is my complain. Please read me before answer.

If you ONLY have recluits you must send them vs troops or looters to train them. It has no sense. Tier 2 and Tier 3 should be easy to reach throught training
You're the one that's not reading any of the responses. Retaining high tier troops is already easy with medicine, and getting high tier troops through combat is also relatively easy. Getting more high tier troops for not doing anything would make the game unnecessarily easy and unfun. If you really want to get high tier troops for just walking around the map, get the steward perks and buy & donate weapons/armor. Your complaint/demand/suggestion would make the game overall worse for me.

Getting more high tier troops for not doing anything would make the game unnecessarily easy and unfun.

All the time I am complaining about training doesnt allow even upgrade troops to Tier2 o Tier3, NOT HIGHER TIERs. You have an army of recruits and you cant train them without chasing looters.or sending them them to die vs real troops. This has no sense.

Getting more high tier troops for not doing anything would make the game unnecessarily easy and unfun. If you really want to get high tier troops for just walking around the map, get the steward perks and buy & donate weapons/armor.
I didnt speak about Hight Tier. I all the time are saying that I dont want hight tier armies like in warband.

My complain is that training should be usefull at least to reach first Tiers.

1. "Round up local peasants who want to join your army". Takes 2-12 hours. Based on things like your reputation in the town and in the connected villages, a certain amount of kingdom specific low tier troops will offer to join you. Perhaps anything from 5-30 troops?
2. "Find any willing professional soldiers in town". Takes 12-24 hours. Based on things like your influence, clan rank, and kingdom status, a certain amount of kingdom specific high tier troops will offer to join you. Perhaps 5-15?
3. "Travel the taverns to find the best mercenaries up for hire." This one will be the one that involves mercenaries. This one can be more static to as it represents the improved version of what is already in the game. So like 8-12 hours, 8-12 mercenaries?

Option 4
Send a companion on a recruit mission.
Go to these lands and find recruits. Come and fill the ranks of my army. Go to the border settlements and replenish the garrison. Come back when the recruits reach tier ? Focus mainly on archer/infantry/cavalry/horse archers.
It´s a recruit/training task so say the companion different skills is the added experience added to the troops each day. Relevant skills then.
Say the 6 weapon skills, 2 of the endurance, tactics, leadership and medicine.
At max that 3300 experience added each day. Not realistic. But say 500-1500. So the companion should reach a combined nummer of a few hundred before being able to be sent out on these quests.

This thread is a definition of misunderstanding. OP says:

Training perks that add XP daily to soldiers suck.

Everyone else:
Getting high tier troops ez, do battles or donate stuff.

Apples and oranges.

If it makes you feel any better OP, I would be in favour of better passive training.

So long as battle xp and donation stuff is nerfed as well. If it all feels the same... then good. I don't mind if I can be lazier in training.

If it makes you feel any better OP, I would be in favour of better passive training.

So long as battle xp and donation stuff is nerfed as well. If it all feels the same... then good. I don't mind if I can be lazier in training.
+1. In bannerlord you gain too much experiencia when you fight

I understand what you mean, but fighting looters is really fast. You can just auto-resolve the battle, no need to fight it. After a few quick battles, everyone is T3

What issue are you having with the training? What kind of training methods are you using?

Here are some of the perks and number breakdowns:
Military Tradition + 2 (infantry, recruits are infantry)
Drills + 1
Saddlebags + 1
Good day rest +10 in settlement / walk it off +3
Trainer +3 (bows only)
Forced march + 2 / unburdened + 2
Raise the meek + 4
Drill sergeant + 2

Bullseye + 2 garrison
raise the meek + 3
Settlement upgrade + 3

This could be up to 22xp daily for troops in the party.

Those exp rates are per troop. This means if you have 100 recruits you are getting daily exp x 100 which means you could be getting 2 or 3 train troops a day from a settlement or party with several recruits

A governer with maxed training upgrade and raise the meek (two perks) and 200 recruits would generate ((6 x 200) / 300) 4 tier 2 troops every day. You can use the campaign brother as a governer and give him all the training perks and put 300 recruits in the fief to get even more training recruits.

13-14 days to train all tier 1 troops to tier 2 with maxed out training in your party and you could just smith while you are waiting
for them to train. Governer training would take longer, since tier 1 needs 300xp.

With famous commander only requiring 1 perk, 2/3 of the troops you recruit will be ready to level up. You could then donate the tier 1 troops for influence, or put them in a settlement to train. And this is assuming you are only recruiting tier 1 troops you can recruit higher tier troops.

With the steward perk you can use weapons or armor for exp. You can store items in a settlement
and then shuffle troops in and out of garrison to only train the troops you want to train if you need them ASAP such as a new war. You use this method if you own a fief as a kingdom, vassal or independant clan or you could use a warehouse and a party member if you are clan tier 3, if you don't have a warehouse you could just carry high value items that are lightweight and then use a party member or just upgrade all troops after a battle.

You can bypass tier 1 troops entirely and as shown with the above math you can already churn out a few training troops per day per settlement or in your party if you focus on it and plan the logistics.

The key is you have to use some synergy, if you have cantons and famous commander you can just recruit all the troops and discard the tier 1 troops and then you only have tier 2 troops ever fighting in battles. Or just stock fief with lots of food output with a good governer and then you have a training settlement and you can use that settlement to get a few tier 2 troops daily and if you don't want to micromanage just turn on auto recruit.

Overall the current training system is designed for armies not small numbers, you can generate more training when they train as a large army. If you want to personal train a small number of troops you can give them equipment with steward or use a shield while they fight looters or use experience share perks.

You can fully train any number of troops in 13-14 days with max perks to tier 2 which is reasonable. The training is a constant so even if you have enough trained troops at your command they are still going to be training anyways so I do think it is fast enough.

I understand what you mean, but fighting looters is really fast. You can just auto-resolve the battle, no need to fight it. After a few quick battles, everyone is T3

Then whats even the point of that mechanic if you just make the computer do it? Why not just scrap the useless units and make tier 3 the new tier 1?

Warband had this general problem too where once you lose troops you have to grind to get back to fill strength again, using two resoures (manpower and money) that infinitely regenerate. Its worse in bannerlord but even in warband you often fought mindless battles against spammy looters. The AI doesnt have to grind, and there's nothing else to do in the downtime while finding recruits or gridning, so it just drags the whole game down for no reason.

Then whats even the point of that mechanic if you just make the computer do it? Why not just scrap the useless units and make tier 3 the new tier 1?

Warband had this general problem too where once you lose troops you have to grind to get back to fill strength again, using two resoures (manpower and money) that infinitely regenerate. Its worse in bannerlord but even in warband you often fought mindless battles against spammy looters. The AI doesnt have to grind, and there's nothing else to do in the downtime while finding recruits or gridning, so it just drags the whole game down for no reason.
To get your army upgraded? There needs to be some grind at least, to make you try to avoid losing your whole army. But the point of the thread was that training is too slow, which it really isnt...

That the way for train troops will be chasing looters has no sense. That´s my complain. The training should have its own activity, you should be able to train your troops ( FIRST TIERs ) by yourself.

Disagree, it's easy to recruit at level 2-3 + prisoners+ freeing troops after wins. It takes little effort to maintain a decent tier army. The issue is probably that you need a good medic or you are just not winning by a good enough margin.

Disagree, it's easy to recruit at level 2-3 + prisoners+ freeing troops after wins.
To recluit prisoners you need to have prisoners.
To have prisoners you need to have an army to capture them.
To have an army you need at least more than a tier 1 army.

It takes little effort to maintain a decent tier army. The issue is probably that you need a good medic or you are just not winning by a good enough margin.
When you already have a decent army, you can recruit TIER 1 recruits and upgrade them.

But when you have not an army and you want to create one from 0. Is very difficult to reach Tier 2 and Tier 3 without battles.

Tier 1 are not soldiers yet. Many times even IA has problems to reach Tier 2 and Tier 3 when they cant to chase looters.

Back
Top Bottom