Evolution or Creation?

Of what faith are you?

• Creationism

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • A power of some sort (reincarnation/superstitions/fortune telling/etc.)

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • Agnosticism (evolution implied)

Votes: 130 20.4%
  • Atheism (evolution implied)

Votes: 239 37.5%
  • Agnostic or atheist and does NOT believe in evoltion

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Theistic evolution (a god guided evolution)

Votes: 90 14.1%
  • I'm really not sure at this point...

Votes: 40 6.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point, what is "order"? You need to define this first. The world comes orderly in respect to what? Have you ever observed another planet that has life on it? What makes you so sure that this world is.. "orderly"?

You always say some vague things about being mocked or whatever, but why do I see the opposite? And to clarify, "Shoot, evolutionists are running out of ideas" isn't mockery to me, just an attempt (weak).

Why don't you people first read the thread and save some time by not repeating the same arguments that have been answered here? Oh by the way, continents don't stop moving just because you believe that they don't.

Question for evolutionists: Do you believe that dinosaurs were wiped out by the Flood or a huge-ass asteriod?

I'm just curious.  :smile:

Why do you insist of arguing against things proven by the scientific community?

Continental drift is well proven, and there is evidence everywhere for it. For instance the shapes of each continent (not just the stuff above water, the shallow continental shelf too) fits together remarkably well with the neighbouring continents. Africa and south america for instance. Second, there have been many fossil specimens from certain periods observed on both sides of these continents, apparently indistinguishable in species. Now, how would they be able to retain their species identically if they were on seperate continents?

third, unlike evolution, plate tectonics can actually be seen today. Each year, the atlantic ridge pushes out more matter, and the gap between america and europe is increased by something like 3 cm each year. The eastern african rift valley is also growing, pulling the horn of africa off the mainland. Now how would you argue that the continents have always been constant when their shape is so visibly changing little by little?

Also: If god created earth, why would he make the world in its present shape? I would've thought he would go with something less random and more orderly.

There was no random creation of balls in space, which looked pretty in God's hanging display from the ceiling.
very convincing.

Question for evolutionists: Do you believe that dinosaurs were wiped out by the Flood or a huge-ass asteriod?

The evidence is pointing towards that asteroid that smacked into the caribbean.

Um, what?

My comment was just because I really feel that way.  That is the thing evolutionists keep sticking in our faces and saying, "So what do you make of this!?"  Now, if YOU, my good friend, would take the time to read over the thread, you will find the kind of merciless slander that the creationists get.  My comments were just to point out that it seemed apparent that the evolutionists had nothing to back them, so they fell back on insults.  You cloud drive someone from the forum that way.  Lucky for you, I'm not that weak.

Anyway, if, as I gather from your post, that the continents have stopped moving (and they do move... slightly), explain earthquakes.  See, I can use science too, except that mine is real.

LOL, I spend maybe an hour in this thread, and I'm already in Virsita's sig...

Ingolifs said:
There was no random creation of balls in space, which looked pretty in God's hanging display from the ceiling.
very convincing.

Heheh, I was just making up some example.  I mean, God does create the planet like it's his art project. :razz:

Yes, the asteroid makes some sense.  I mean, that weird **** going on in the Bermuda Triangle is just fascinating.

The comet still lives!!!  Ahem...  anyway...  I believe that the dinosaurs were on the ark.  They took the small ones, and they grew, and  maybe had babies, who knows, but I think that the climate change made the world unsuitable for them, and many species went extinct.  I also believe that there are some dinosaurs alive today.  Loch Ness OgoPogo (forgive the spelling), sightings in the Congo, there are hundreds of reports of dinosaur-like creatures every day.  Just my opinion.

Anyway, if, as I gather from your post, that the continents have stopped moving (and they do move... slightly), explain earthquakes.  See, I can use science too, except that mine is real.

except you read my post wrong. Go read it again. Nowhere did i state that the continents have stopped moving. Plate tectonics, and the moving plates is indeed the explanation for earthquakes.

One thing before i go ( I've forgotten how time consuming these arguments can be)

If somehow, it was proved that God didn't exist, and that creationism was false, (and i mean really proved, like there was absolutely no doubt at all that he didn't exist, and everything is accounted for, and every grey area of science which creationists used to argue their point had been properly explained, and all this was enought oconvince someone like the pope), if all this was proved, that God didn't exist, would you still believe in God?

Aratek said:
Ingolifs said:
very convincing.

Heheh, I was just making up some example.  I mean, God does create the planet like it's his art project. :razz:

Yes, the asteroid makes some sense.  I mean, that weird **** going on in the Bermuda Triangle is just fascinating.
And laymen throwing out ideas about random scientific subjects make more sense, then?

People will adore you since at the age of fifteen, you refuted all the outcomes and theories that have been worked on for years by numerous scientists just by sitting on your ass and writing just one sentence.

General_Specific said:
I believe that the dinosaurs were on the ark.  They took the small ones, and they grew, and  maybe had babies, who knows, but I think that the climate change made the world unsuitable for them, and many species went extinct.  I also believe that there are some dinosaurs alive today.  Loch Ness OgoPogo (forgive the spelling), sightings in the Congo, there are hundreds of reports of dinosaur-like creatures every day.  Just my opinion.

Agreed.

Some people believe that the Flood wiped out all the dinosaurs.  That couldn't be true, because Noah took every kind of animal onto the Ark.
He took a pair of each unclean animal, and seven of each clean animal.

So he also took dinos on the Ark.

There are animals that are probably remains of what used to be the dinos...like the Komodo Dragon, etc..

Marsec said:
Aratek said:
Ingolifs said:
very convincing.

And laymen throwing out ideas about random scientific subjects make more sense, then?

People will adore you since at the age of fifteen, you refuted all the outcomes and theories that have been worked on for years by numerous scientists just by sitting on your ass and writing just one sentence.

No need to get rude here...Marsec.  How mature of you.  :roll:

Yep, I'm good at that.  Refuting scientific theories, that is.  :roll:

As for you, Ingolifs, you weren't the one I was talking to when I said about the continents stopping.  There was some guy who said some confusing shenanigan elsewhere, and I was talking to him.

Anyway, if God was proven non-existent, I would not believe.  However, since that will never happen, I'm not going to bother going into details.  But, since you are so scientific, why did you not account for the law of science that states: 'Science cannot prove a universal negative...' 

Ingolifs said:
Ingolifs, he meant my post, not yours.
he did? okay.

and btw, the loch ness monster myth has been thoroughly proved to be just that, a myth.

Oh, really?  I guess scientists somehow covered every cubic inch of Loch Ness at the same time to disprove it?  Have you seen a sonar scan of the bottom of Loch Ness?  It looks like a hound's wrinkles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom