Native Completed European Native Mixed 5-a-side - Winners: "My Little Pwnies"

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done and done.

Congratulations on being the first crazy drunken whore in the crazy drunken "Player Adverts" section. You may turn on your red light but you don't have to (Roxxxxxaaaanne).

Morii said:
omg the poll (20-19 as I write here)! its so exciting :shock:

Heh, I'd like to take this opportunity to make it clear that the poll is not binding. I'm merely guaging public opinion.

I would also like to point out that, as of now, there have been 49 votes but no team submissions! :shock:

captain lust said:
I would also like to point out that, as of now, there have been 49 votes but no team submissions! :shock:

Ah give it a bit of time, everyone's getting their team together (getting the band back together-blues brothers :cool: ). Needing people from different clans or non-clanners slows that process down some:wink:

Who is better... Hethwill or lust....

EDIT: I chose whom im gonna join. :smile:

EDIT3: If someone wants me in, PM me. I don't want to face a simple No as reply :grin:

I'll be joining i think

Style:
Agressive,face hugging, 2 handed, hiding,ambushing spammer

In-game name:
Shieldings_Technoviking

Steam:
Klompeboer100
Or just pm me

:eek: Steppe Christmas

Rule Changes
  • Khergits have been added to the faction list.

Poll Results:
Allow Khergits in the tournament? - bear in mind that map and factions choices will be randomly generated

Why not? it's 5 a side!
    36 (55.4%)
No stinky horselovers, kthxbai
    29 (44.6%)

captain lust said:
:eek: Steppe Christmas

Rule Changes
  • Khergits have been added to the faction list.

Poll Results:
Allow Khergits in the tournament? - bear in mind that map and factions choices will be randomly generated

Why not? it's 5 a side!
    36 (55.4%)
No stinky horselovers, kthxbai
    29 (44.6%)
Won't be better to wait for teams and make them vote for Khergit? A poll here doesn't prove that who will actually take part in the competition want them  :roll:

Khergit will have a huge disavantage in maps that force them to play without horses, their shields and ahtletics are a joke, while keeping a huge advantage in open maps like fbtr, if you consider that only 2 guys will be ranged in the opposite team

Khergit Lancer athletics is 5, which is only 1 less than infantry troops. You're quite right about everything else though :wink:.

TheNarrator said:
Khergit Lancer athletics is 5, which is only 1 less than infantry troops. You're quite right about everything else though :wink:.
My bad then, I quoted what some other guys said before, I should have checked it before posting  :mrgreen:

Khergit horse archers dismounted are quite good. I think they are actually better than sarranid archers due to the fact that they can use khergit and strong bow. Also, they can use pretty good melee weapons aswell. Just today, while playing in village on TDM server as khergit, we were losing and I proposed to the guys to go on foot/lose the damn horses. It worked pretty well and we almost won. So, khergit are okay, and this statement comes from a guy that totally hates khergit. But one problem... they are OP on random maps... seriously now!

The poll was just to legitimise taking khergits, more than anything. After speaking with Hethwill, I had already decided that it would be a good idea and wanted to guage the general opinion.

I'll change the Rules to account for Khergit class selection too.

Rule Changes
  • Rule Added: Khergit teams must always be comprised of 2 Horse Archers and 3 Lancers

Time to sleep and when I wake up, it had better be Christmas!

captain lust said:
The poll was just to legitimise taking khergits, more than anything. After speaking with Hethwill, I had already decided that it would be a good idea and wanted to guage the general opinion.

I'll change the Rules to account for Khergit class selection too.

Rule Changes
  • Rule Added: Khergit teams must always be comprised of 2 Horse Archers and 3 Lancers

Time to sleep and when I wake up, it had better be Christmas!

Mounted/dismounted?

captain lust said:
Mounted. There are no item restrictions on any of the classes, including Khergits.

Might do some testing on Field by the River and Snowy Village to make sure it's playable but I think it should be ok.

Please do so. I think you'll find that khergits will have quite big advantages in pretty much all maps, except for three (Port Assault, Village, Nord Town).
-90% of the flag-situations they'll have an advantage (I hopefully don't have to explain this), except on the three maps mentioned, but even there they will usually at least be at the flags the fastest.
-Their archers have very good bows (strongbow is my favorite bow in the game), one of the strongest melee weapons for archers (Heavy Sabre, 34c, if I'm not mistaken) ánd -even if its crappy- they have a shield which is better than no shield at all.

Anyways what I'd like to suggest is a compromise between all mounted (too much advantages on any map except the 3 mentioned compared to not that much disadvantages íf on one of those 3 maps) and all dismounted (Weak shields, and the aforementioned by others)

I'd say you let the lancers use horses, but not the horsearchers ÓR you just make it so that khergits can never start with more than 3 horses (unless the steal them from the enemy)

So, please test it, and I'm pretty sure that you'll find that any reasonably intelligent fully mounted khergit team is unbalanced for this tournament.

When in 5v5 Khergits loose a lot. That is a statistical fact. I would still play Khergits anyday ( for the tournament it's a team and as a team we will decide ).

Plus Lust, I would like to introoduce the Faction Team rule,

Team has to choose faction through championship, which alters the faction swap, but gives more depth into the team decision. Plus each team must have an appropriate name, such as

Doom Carp Deliverance

Dakka Khanadakka

Flat Helmet Hogs

etc

@Morii: Thanks for the well thought out and reasoned post. I will be doing some testing before the tournament goes live but I really don't think the issue is as big your concern. 5 vs 5 is a very small game and allows for much better coordination, teamwork and organisation than (even) an 8 vs 8.

Consider what may be viewed as something of a worst cased scenario: Field by the River, Sarranids (farm spawn) Khergits (village spawn). As Sarranids, what you could do is get the infantry to take throwing weapons and some extra shields for the archers, get the cavalry to go on foot, with a shield and throwing weapons and then move to the castle wall. If the Khergits rushed at that point, you should already have the cover of the wall, with all 5 of your men able to return fire and have protection. If the Khergits are hanging back for the flag, you could move up to the bridge and there's not much the khergits can even do, that wouldn't make them very vulnerable. 2 Horse archers would be torn apart by two decent foot archers that have 3 footmen with them. You can also use the cover of the forest and possibly think about moving to take the ruins, which is a good central position on the map.

Sure, things might get tricky when the flag spawns but I'm not convinced that the advantage is too great to be unplayable. Remember that the rules include spawn and faction swapping too, so both teams will have a chance to steal a round, while the others are playing as Khergits.

Anyway, as I said, I will be doing testing for this. Haven't asked them yet but hopefully I can get CoR to do it at the end of a training or something.

@Heth: Nope, random factions, random maps from random.org. Persistent factions work well for the campaign but I don't think it'd be much fun for the tournament.

Just a simple question if i may (sorry if i missed the information somewhere):

Does this "no clan stacking" rule goes for native clans only or for all clans from all mods ? For instance...if some clan exists only in some mod and not in native would that mean more then 2 of that clan's members cant participate in this native tournament ?

I would like to join.. :grin:

I prefer to be a Archer, but can also be cavalry.

In-game name: Einherjar_Godnoken

Steam: Strille612
Or just PM me.. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom