Europe 1200 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Licko90 said:
Sorry if I am boring but i have more questions... If i put my high lvl companion with high training in a castle. Will he train units stationed in that castle?

EDIT: 1 more. Is that bug where lords would disapear after destroying a faction fixed in the latest version?

You can't station companions in cities and castles from what I remember, actually I don't remember any mod that lets you do that (though it might be nice to station a companion at castles, like a captain of the guard or smth.). However garrisoned troops get upgraded automatically after a while, at least if you have auto-recruit on; but I think they upgrade even if that's off; it just takes longer than it would if you were to train them yourself.

And yes, lords disappearing is a known bug.

Alex_S said:
Licko90 said:
Sorry if I am boring but i have more questions... If i put my high lvl companion with high training in a castle. Will he train units stationed in that castle?

EDIT: 1 more. Is that bug where lords would disapear after destroying a faction fixed in the latest version?

You can't station companions in cities and castles from what I remember, actually I don't remember any mod that lets you do that (though it might be nice to station a companion at castles, like a captain of the guard or smth.). However garrisoned troops get upgraded automatically after a while, at least if you have auto-recruit on; but I think they upgrade even if that's off; it just takes longer than it would if you were to train them yourself.

And yes, lords disappearing is a known bug.

Thank you kind sir for answering my questions.

I played with Serbia and we lose everything. I want to be vassale of some other country, but I can't find Stefan Nemanjic, and no one from faction did not know where he is. What should I do?

Petko15 said:
I played with Serbia and we lose everything. I want to be vassale of some other country, but I can't find Stefan Nemanjic, and no one from faction did not know where he is. What should I do?
When a faction loses all of itssettlements, it is not completely defeated.
The game gives a certain amount of time to them to try and reclaim some settlement, and therefore continue existing.
During that time, the lords are wandering around the map.
When that time expires, the faction is officially defeated (you will see a pop-up message confirming it), and its Ruler will disappear.
So, GP Stefan is either wandering on the map, or he's already vanished from the game.
In case 1, find him, and tell him you want to quit being a vassal, and in case 2, you automatically become free, when the faction is defeated.

Yeah, but there is a little bug, that lords disappear but the faction is never defeated. I had that as well, I am still at war with a faction that doesn't exist any more for ages, but You won't be able to find the lords anywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what causes this and whether it's a native thing as well. In that case I don't see high chances for petko to solve his problem.

quapitty said:
Yeah, but there is a little bug, that lords disappear but the faction is never defeated. I had that as well, I am still at war with a faction that doesn't exist any more for ages, but You won't be able to find the lords anywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what causes this and whether it's a native thing as well. In that case I don't see high chances for petko to solve his problem.

I have the same problem with Navarre but (but it's still fairly early < 200 days) so I hope that Mihailo's recommendation of waiting for a designated period of time will work for me.  :smile:

Shameless plug  :lol: :lol:  .... Hence why I was wishing for the idea that "Travelers" for example could be paid to reveal the location for the rulers of ANY faction.    Double bonus if they were also to be found for Claimant purposes....that'd be really cool to turn around a defeated faction and stick it to their former compadres.    :smile:

factions could put holy land, and could put an option to go to the Crusades as in anno Domini 1257 mod and if you put serious excellent to put the issue of further crusades for greater Immersive of juegador because truth in the anno domini demaciado I like the theme of the Crusades, but in this mod with a map so big and so alive would be great to travel to the Holy Land and fight in the crazadas.

Greetings from Colombia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Holy Land is probably the last place we'll add. First we need to finish Northeastern Europe, then Byzantium and Asia Minor, and only after that comes the Middle East. Hmm, when I say it like that, I guess that means only 3 more releases, including the one Korinov is already working on (and which he's quite well ahead with it). Nice! :smile:

I guess we should start doing research for that area then. :wink:

I'm already doing some research for the Ayyubid Sultanate (or to be more precise, the three different Emirates in which it had been divided by the beginning of 1200).

But yeah, you're mostly correct, next release will cover the baltic factions plus the two remaining russian ones (I'd love to finish it and release it by the end of this week as I'll be going into vacation for 10 days in Friday). Following one will deal with Cumans and Bizantines at least (probably seljuks and the minor factions of the aegean sea too, but we'll see about that).

He wrote: "...plus the two remaining russian ones". Which means there are already some in the current version and two will be added in the next. Check the Changelog thread.

Yeah, the changelog .22 needs some update.
Major:
- Added Principality of Chernigov.

But if you look at .21 (or if you play it):
Major:
- Added Principality of Galich-Volyn.
- Added Principality of Gorodno.
- Added Principality of Kiev-Smolesnk.
- Added Principality of Polotsk-Minsk.

Sounds pretty Russian...  :wink:

From what I remember, there were enough merits to both the Novgorodian options, i.e. there was more than enough reasoning to make Novgorod a part of the Vladimir-Suzdal faction (with its lords being more rebellious, or potentially with a rebel-quest) and there was also enough reasoning to make it a separate faction, allied to Vladimir-Suzdal. Which of the two options we'll take is up to Korinov, since both options are, as I said, equally valid, considering how messy the situation is.
For Ryazan - I think that one didn't have so much discussions, but it was apparent that it was under de facto, even if note de jure, Vsevolod's control, participating in his military campaigns etc. Again, whether Ryazan will be an independent, separate country or not is up to Korinov since, again, both options are viable, considering it's the same kind of mess as with Novgorod.
As for Smolensk - I was against having it be part of Kiev (having them as allies was certainly enough, IMO), but oh well...

Back
Top Bottom