EU_PW4_RolePlay - Main Server Thread and Rules. (Rules updated 21.12.2011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone of you can come out with a detailed redesign (think about a small paint schem ) i will be more likely to submit it to the mapper.

I don't understand the problem.
Want to be a mercenary? Then be one.
Want to be a Civilian? Then be one.
You don't need a faction to tell you what you are, just Roleplay.

I need to know. Does the people find the new system ( merc + civ as commoners, money drop for all ) too harsh or not ?

Does this encourage random to let people drop money on death nearly all the time OR, does it prevent RDMers as people don't want to loose money in useless fighting ?
Tell me.

Well randoming has increased but that's only due to the lack of admins who have been playing Skyrim. Overall it hasn't really made much of a difference except to confuse people because you don't know who you can hire as a merc and such.

Perhaps make it so that if you're an outlaw you have to be an Outlaw? Right now anyone can rob so everyone is robbing. Back in the middle ages this did not happen. Outlaws were bandits without license and lord were bandits that had license (tax). At the very least make it that if you rob someone you have to join Outlaws afterwards due to the fact that robbing is illegal and you are now outside the law.

Edit: The person who posted above me removed their post so I did not double post.

Rasorath, if all was so easy as you say. as I undestend mercs gone becouse lot of people have bad RP. do you think situation changed?
Aldric, very unpleasant :s more part of people is commoners and I dont want lose money when leave... also I dont want lose money when randomed...

Aldric said:
I need to know. Does the people find the new system ( merc + civ as commoners, money drop for all ) too harsh or not ?

Does this encourage random to let people drop money on death nearly all the time OR, does it prevent RDMers as people don't want to loose money in useless fighting ?
Tell me.
Everyone should drop money upon death. If commoners do not lose any money, their lives would be meaningless as they wouldn't be afraid to die, They won't accept getting robbed for example, they'd fight back and either win or die without losing anything, making robbery pointless. So, no it isn't harsh.
I'm not sure about the randoming part.

killer110 said:
Perhaps make it so that if you're an outlaw you have to be an Outlaw? Right now anyone can rob so everyone is robbing. Back in the middle ages this did not happen. Outlaws were bandits without license and lord were bandits that had license (tax). At the very least make it that if you rob someone you have to join Outlaws afterwards due to the fact that robbing is illegal and you are now outside the law.

Edit: The person who posted above me removed their post so I did not double post.

How do you know what happened back then and not? I am very sure there were people walking around without looking like a smelly bandit stealing things and robbing people.
Looking like a bandit is basically the same as having the "Outlaw" tag above your head, people know who you are and they know that they're not safe.

So you're in a carriage loaded with rich stuff down a dark forest in the middle of the night and some smelly, shady-looking people show up out of nowhere, and you don't think they're bandits? I don't really understand your argument. Back in those days robber robbed as soon as they could and most people could tell who's a robber. Besides in-game it's really annoying to have commoners, outlaws, tin cans and faction members all being able to rob you without being outlawed.

killer110 said:
So you're in a carriage loaded with rich stuff down a dark forest in the middle of the night and some shsmelly, shady-looking people show up out of nowhere, and you don't think they're bandits? I don't really understand your argument. Back in those days robber robbed as soon as they could and most people could tell who's a robber. Besides in-game it's really annoying to have commoners, outlaws, tin cans and faction members all being able to rob you without being outlawed.
In your story, they're most probably bandits, however, you won't really know "who" they are. After they finish their robbery, they'll split up the money and go back to their homes in town. People in town wouldn't know that they are bandits.
shsmelly, shady-looking people
I think this description fits to all the people of that era (except lords and noble ones), not just bandits.

killer110 said:
So you're in a carriage loaded with rich stuff down a dark forest in the middle of the night and some shsmelly, shady-looking people show up out of nowhere, and you don't think they're bandits? I don't really understand your argument. Back in those days robber robbed as soon as they could and most people could tell who's a robber. Besides in-game it's really annoying to have commoners, outlaws, tin cans and faction members all being able to rob you without being outlawed.
I am pretty sure someone that had broken the law would be able to walk around town without being looked upon as a bandit. There is a difference between a bandit - which spends his life robbing and killing - and a normal person that steals some money once in a while.

But put it into game perspective and it's not very fun at all and like I said before:
killer110 said:
it's really annoying to have commoners, outlaws, tin cans and faction members all being able to rob you without being outlawed.

It's also due to crappy RP. A fully-armored, rich noble knight is robbing people? Regardless by your order I will gather the general opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom