Need More Info Error cannot create config data

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:When changing any settings i get this error and all settings go back to factory after closing. I have tried a clean uninstall deleting the folders. I have verified files. I have tried to untick the read only file in the config files in properties but does not apply. Still showing up as error config. I have an SSD drive so my steam game file is on that. Also does Nividi Geforce have anything to do with the settings ?
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM: 32G
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):2TB

Because of how the Nvidia Geforce system is working i think it is safe to say that it might not be allowing you to browse the files. Are you expreiencing the same issue on every gefore session you are playing? Even on different spec pcs?

Because of how the Nvidia Geforce system is working i think it is safe to say that it might not be allowing you to browse the files. Are you expreiencing the same issue on every gefore session you are playing? Even on different spec pcs?
No i have optimized most games in Nividi GeForce experience and have not had any issues with different games with "config data". It has not happened previously before. When the recent update v1.2.8 that is when i noticed i was getting the "config data". If you have any suggestions that would be great if not, hopefully it will sort it self out with up coming updates.

Hello, I also have a problem with "cannot create config data".
Like you, Coopernader, I also use GeforceExperience. Btw It's smart that you thought this might be the source of the problem.
Interestingly, the settings from GeforceExperience are saved when I launch the game, but when I want to change the settings manually, an error message appears.
When I set the base settings in GeforceExperience, these are what I have in the game.
When I set the optimal settings, these are what I have in the game.
But in both cases, when I change the settings inside the game, the error appears the same.

Hello, I also have a problem with "cannot create config data".
Like you, Coopernader, I also use GeforceExperience. Btw It's smart that you thought this might be the source of the problem.
Interestingly, the settings from GeforceExperience are saved when I launch the game, but when I want to change the settings manually, an error message appears.
When I set the base settings in GeforceExperience, these are what I have in the game.
When I set the optimal settings, these are what I have in the game.
But in both cases, when I change the settings inside the game, the error appears the same.
I gave up on the develepors in response to this thread because it went back and forth with questions, no answers. It is obvoius that they do not know the answer which is ok. I just dont have time going back and forth with no ideas given on what to look for on my end. Do you still get the "config data" message ?

Yes, I updated to the new version of the game and the problem is still the same. I believe that they have so many problems that they will solve them when there is time :grin:

This is an occasional problem. I have a GF 1080Ti card, I don't know if it's a series problem, software problem or what.

Yes, I updated to the new version of the game and the problem is still the same. I believe that they have so many problems that they will solve them when there is time :grin:

This is an occasional problem. I have a GF 1080Ti card, I don't know if it's a series problem, software problem or what.
Have you put a ticket in ? if so what was there response ?

What ticket? Sorry i dont understand.New post on the forum? About that, I wanted to but I saw your post so I joined in.

But I always report problems in the general singleplayer section. Maybe they visit specific categories like "Graphics & Performance Issues" less often. I have no idea how it works.

What ticket? Sorry i dont understand.New post on the forum? About that, I wanted to but I saw your post so I joined in.

But I always report problems in the general singleplayer section. Maybe they visit specific categories like "Graphics & Performance Issues" less often. I have no idea how it works.
You should put a ticket in and see if you get a different or same response from a developer. I am not very fimilar with what catagory when filling in the ticket but "Graphics & Performance Issues" sounds right. I know it can at least take 1 month if not a couple weeks for a response, i just make sure i put as much information as i can. They seem to ask one question then you answer it wait another few weeks, then they ask another questiion lol. I prefer them to ask a list of questions for me to answer.

Like I said, this is one problem among many.
I would also like them to do everything right away.
I'd also rather ignore it and play with the mods I like. but then it's hard to report bugs.

but I don't know if it makes sense to report it as a new post. On the one hand, greater reach, on the other, cluttering the forum

Like I said, this is one problem among many.
I would also like them to do everything right away.
I'd also rather ignore it and play with the mods I like. but then it's hard to report bugs.

but I don't know if it makes sense to report it as a new post. On the one hand, greater reach, on the other, cluttering the forum
So i deleted the config folder file in my documents and optermized Nivida Gforce again and it seem to fix the "config data" issue

But the settings are saved when you change something in the game?Because the settings changed in Geforce were saved in the game earlier. But, for example, the battle size was set to 400 by default and I had to change it every time in the game.

But the settings are saved when you change something in the game?Because the settings changed in Geforce were saved in the game earlier. But, for example, the battle size was set to 400 by default and I had to change it every time in the game.
Yeah it deffiantly does do that. But i noticed on 1.2.9 the settings saved. I had issues with crashes so i had to change it back to 1.2.8 then then i noticed "config data". What version do you have yours on >?

Hey, I didn't notice but they fixed it in version 1.2.9.Now I save the settings and this version works stably for me, so I use it.
Yeah which is great but now i noticed i crashed everytime i enter the arena. So frustraiting from one problem to another. Do you crash when you enter the arna ?

Back
Top Bottom