Equality, or Freedom ?

What is more important, Equality, or Freedom ?

• Equality

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Freedom

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

How about : Liberté,  égalité et fraternité?

I threw in fraternité because there's a sale.

It's a question devoid of any detail, and therefore merit.

Edit; and as I suspected it's a loaded question based on discussion from another thread.

It's a question devoid of any detail, and therefore merit.

Edit; and as I suspected it's a loaded question based on discussion from another thread.

So ? And I am not asking for Merit, I am asking for thoughts.

Liberté,  égalité et fraternité?
Fraternity is even more an utopy than equality...

Can we lock this before it turns into USA vs Soviet Russia?
(Conservative Americans going "My freedom" and Russians going "Soviet was so nice and equal"

Well, in France, we have both: liberté, égalité, and "fraternité".
France is much more "equal" than it is "free", and is fast becoming a ****hole of assisted tourist exploiters, tax cheaters, and whinners, even worse than greece IMHO.

For me, things are so evident, that freedom is so much better than equality, but I would like to have other people's thoughts about this.

Here is the answer:
adalet-e%C5%9Fitlik-de%C4%9Fildir_368961.jpg

Left one is equality, right one is justice. Equailty doesn't mean justice at all times. So I choose neither equality nor freedom, I choose justice :smile:

Cernunos said:
So what, you support Melenchon ?
Let's see, Melanchon... Nope, I dislike radicalism so no, I don't like him.
Rationalism is sparse, these days.

Like in freedom of speech. Can we say what we want to the point that what we say can be pretty ugly (and this is relative, aw well...), or do we have to speak like others, more or less a few iotas.
I know freedom can lead to anarchy. I suppose that is what you mean by negative freedom. Equality wouldn't lead to anarchy I guess. (boredom ?)

@dragos Justice? What kind of justice? Men's, god's ? nature ? Do you really believe in Justice ? However, nice picture, because they all end equal. What I see is that the guys gave their boxes to the short one. I would call that kindness.

Rationalism is sparse, these days.
OMG yes, alas. Probably falls into the "utopy" list...

Back
Top Bottom