[ENL] League Tables and Fixtures | Spring Cycle Fixtures Posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

@Deacon.
While you are right on some points, you still have to remember that Trinity had control over their own fate and dropped it. There is no one to blame for that but themself. You can't talk about them being robbed of anything.

On the question about how the league got decided. Yes, we would much rather have played a more straight up match with RNGD but that couldn't happen. We, IG, have also had to fight internal problems throughout the cycle but still showed up and that is a part of the game as Harkon also pointed out.

Also the notion that IG would have lost to RNGD if they had not had internal problems is a bit offending. Im not saying we would definitely win as anything can happen on a given sunday but we would have had quite a good chance and Nubijuki said that too earlier in this thread.
So please stop talking like we've lost if RNGD had their prime team or whatever (We haven't played with our "prime team" at every match either).

And I think deserved the victory of the IG. They showed character after the defeat of the Trinity, they won all with a rather large bill. Congratulations to the IG.

I was looking forward to the IG - RNGD match because i considered it to be a nice deciding match, sort of a clash of the titans. While i agree with Deacon and Cleric in some aspects i guess i would have worded it slightly more subtle. The match was a dissapointment and it did make me feel a bit sorry for Trinity but it doesn't take away the fact IG remained consistant and therefore won the championship once again. So congratulations to you guys. :wink:

If anything Deac/Cleric we can see it as a motivation to get through the playoffs and fight them in the next cycle together with the other DIV A clans.  :cool:

red.jpg

Guys don't you think you're taking it too serious? IG won the ENL according to its rules and that's all. They lost a match against Trinity...and what's the point of that? It's as simply as sport, sometimes there are surprising results and sometimes more than one team deserve the title. This time IG won it and that's what the results show. If other clans had problems it's not IG's blame, these  things happen!!

So congratz to IG for winning the ENL Division A! Good performance!!

round difference is rubbish but wtf is all this. IG is the best team in ENL, that's what winning ENL means. Post in suggestions thread if you want to change the format for next cycle but IG are the best at the format

trinity can just hold that L in their chest in whatever game they're playing now, they don't play this so their opinion's irrelevant
ae needs to stop bothering their betters with their div C opinions. so uppity, damn.

congrats to all teams who improved their position, commiserations to all who went down, cya

[M] said:
round difference is rubbish but wtf is all this. IG is the best team in ENL, that's what winning ENL means. Post in suggestions thread if you want to change the format for next cycle but IG are the best at the format

trinity can just hold that L in their chest in whatever game they're playing now, they don't play this so their opinion's irrelevant
ae needs to stop bothering their betters with their div C opinions. so uppity, damn.

congrats to all teams who improved their position, commiserations to all who went down, cya

Well said!

Harkon Haakonson said:
Internal team issues happen in ALL sports. It's rare, it's circumstancial, but it happens.
I remember a few seasons ago in the premiership when tottenham lost like half of their first XI due to food poisoning (sauce).

It was incredibly significant, for reasons I've forgotten and can't be arsed to research because they aren't relevant to my point. My point being as Harkon says. These things happen. That is an explanation and it is a perfectly valid one. "Things" are an inherent part of any competition and arbitrarily deciding that some things are appropriate or acceptable, while others aren't is a foolish comment. No two ways about it.

M and Baron have the right of it.

As an aside, I'd like to respond to Alex's point.

Assuming relevance of individual matchups is another arbitrary weighting placed on the competition. It isn't part of the rules (for reasons previously discussed) and I don't see why it should have any significance upon deciding whether or not one team deserves to win. IG played the game and won it. They did so professionally and have every right to call themselves the winners of the ENL Spring Cycle.

Klockis said:
People in here take this whole league thingy to seriously. D:
Are you implying that's a bad thing?

what are you talking about? You all agree with the rules of the tournament before taking part in it ...IG Won in accordance with these rules. Won by their discipline and experience. Congratulations to IG, you're a good team. We will fight in the next cycle :cool:

IG RNGD match would have made a difference only if rngd won that match. No matter what the score if ig won. You can't really demand them to win a match and they certainly don't deserve any blame for losing it.

captain lust said:
Klockis said:
People in here take this whole league thingy to seriously. D:
Are you implying that's a bad thing?
No I didn't. But it is nevertheless stupid. When people start whining about that team X won but team Y deserved it more, at that point you are taking an amatuer league without prizes to seriously.

Also congratulation IG!

You can't stop it, klockis, some people can't accept this things D: always 'if that happen' if if if'.

Also If I was Einhawhaw would you marry me?

just few ideas i have in my mind right now:

-if the point of Trinity in the ENL was beating IG and then don't care about the matches after that one, why didn't they fight them in a simple clan war instead of joining ENL and then dropping out "cause they do not play wb anymore"?

-i preferred much more a "well-fought" match in the IG-RNGD instead of a "troll match" when a team don't even try to fight in a serious way (why did they arranged it just after the NC finale?  :eek:)

-goddamn david and einherjar trolling together  :mrgreen:

But still i like RNGD clan and grats for the FRA team, anyway i also think IG deserved that first place in ENL.

Back
Top Bottom