SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

This maybe be an inappropriate but how do I "insert" bayoneted weapons in this mod?? they are amazing, save space and would love to have my companions use it.

Other than that I can't find any other thing that I miss in this mod, it's amazing. Keep it up!

Why does it always lag during sieges?
I can hop on vanilla multiplayer captain coop, and the squad sizes were 10, and there were 15 players, in a castle, there were hundreds of ai. It didn't lag once and that was online. Why in sieges with the graphics turned way down, the battle size at 90, does it lag so much? Thanks

I've downloaded and compiled it today. Basically, you just have to do what el_infante said on page 1. Anyhow, here's how I did it, hope it helps a few of you

- I've download the source and unzipped it

- then I've copied everything from the folder WFaS Pre battle orders into this folder WFaS Enhanced 175

- in the folder WFaS Enhanced 175 I've double-clicked on the file modmerger.py

- here I followed the steps of the modmerger installation (I think the options I chose was 1 -> Enter and then 0 -> Enter)

- after this, I opened module_troops.py (right click -> edit with notepad) which is in this folder WFaS Enhanced 175

- here I've looked for nord_footman_levelup3, which lead to the following line which I commented out by placing a # in front of that line, so that it looked like this #upgrade(troops,"nord_footman_levelup2","nord_footman_levelup3")

- saved the module_troops.py and closed it

- went to my WFaS Enhanced folder (the game/mod itself, not the source) and backed up all the files in there

- went back to the WFaS Enhanced 175 folder

- opened the file module_info.py and checked whether the export-path pointed to the location of the WFaS Enhanced mod folder

- then I ran (double-click) the build_meshes.bat (file should be in the folder WFaS Enhanced 175)

- then I ran the build_module.bat (file is in the folder WFaS Enhanced 175), on compiling you will get a warning that several global_variables are not being used - you can ignore this warning, it should have no effect on the game play

- on being asked whether I wanted to overwrite, I checked 'yes to all'

After this you're done. You can start to play. I didn't test that much though, i.e. I didn't play the mod that much. But I compared the files of the original mod download with the new version I've compiled and they are the same sizes. So, I guess it should work without bugs, at least I didn't encounter any bugs in 2 hours gameplay - the new/added stuff was all in there, pre-battle order deployments worked too, etc.

Why did I comment the module_troops.py/comment the nord_footman_levelup3 line out?
Because there doesn't exist any nord_footman_levelup3, only a nord_footman_levelup2. If you leave it as it is, you will get an error on compiling the mod. So, instead of commenting the above line out you could also delete the line completely, or, add/create a new troop nord_footman_levelup3 (that's a pikeman veteran or elite pikeman or something) in which case you can leave the line as it is of course.

A few hints:

If you have Vista, Win7 or Win8 you will have to have, or give yourself, full admin rights first, in order to be able to install/compile everything properly - just ask google or youtube how to do it, it's not difficult.

And to run the batch files, i.e. in order to compile the files of the module system, you have to have Python installed on your PC. I think I use version 2.6.x or 2.7.x of Python which works fine with WFaS and Warband. You can download Python for free, just ask the search engine of your choice. For properly installing Python you also need full admin rights on your PC as you have to add a new path variable.

If you open Python files (use right-click -> edit with notepad), always use a proper editor for working with those files. The Python install includes the editor IDLE which I don't like that much, I prefer to use Notepad++ - it makes working with the code so much more convenient. You can download notepad++ for free. There are different other good editors out there, you could even use the Windows default editor, but that'll become a real pain in the ass.

You might get a bit better performance or less crashes if you change the following stuff, if not already done

- go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword (your directory could look a bit different but the last part should be the same C:\...\Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword)
- or simply search C:\ for rgl_config
- open the file rgl_config
- look for render_buffer_size and increase the value to something like half of your graphic card's memory capacity (I've 1 GB, so I set it to 512)
- save the file and close it
- start With Fire and Sword
- in the launcher, go to configure, select the tab "video"
- check 'load textures on demand'
- look for 'Max. Frame. Rate' and reduce it from 120 to 60 or 80 (the human eye won't notice any difference)
- either here in the configure menu or during the game in "options", you could also try to set Shadow Quality to 'High' and Antialiasing to 'off' and/or maybe reduce texture details somewhat

Man...damn it.. :evil:
Oroboros, i made everything you said(till the full admin rights), i compile it, rum the game, and nothing works, no pre battle orders. Its been a headache to me since one(or two) months ago. I think the problem is modmerger installer not installing anything. I am very disappointed. You can help me? Maybe compile it to me, since I CAN'T.

Did you really proceed exactly through all the points I've listed?

After executing modmerger, you have to enter '1' for installing I guess it was and then exit the window. Did the modmerger options window show up at all? After having executed modmerger, were there any backup files created of the original python files in the mod?

Maybe there are some files missing in your compiled version of the mod, like module.ini, the map and some ...variables.txt? These are not processed through the compiler and have to be put manually into your mod by copying them from the original mod. But if they would be missing your game wouldn't start, so this can't be it...

Maybe it is a problem with Steam - do you use Steam? Then it could help to download WFaS again and place it directly into a directory on C:\. Then switch the WFaS Enhanced mod folder from Steam to your new directory.

If nothing helps then you could retry the whole procedure by re-downloading the original version of the WFaS Enhanced mod and doing the following:
First, you re-download WFaS and install it somewhere on C:\. Then you download the WFaS Enhanced mod and just leave it in the download folder, extracted. Then you create a new folder for your own version of the mod in the WFaS modules folder of the newly installed WFaS, somewhere on C:\, and adjust the export path in your module_info file. Start modmerger, follow the instructions, then compile build_meshes.bat and compile build_module.bat again - you now should have only the txt files in your version's folder. Then you copy the sub-folders from the newly downloaded original mod (where all the textures etc. are contained) into your version's folder. Compare the number of files from your version with the original version and copy/paste the missing files from there into your version's folder.

Now take a look at your files, their content and sizes (use BeyondCompare, WinGrep or some similar tool for this) - if the files in your version of the mod are the same as in the original mod, you should have no problem with the game. By using one of this tools you can also easily find out where your files possibly deviate from the original mod files and therefore you'll know what is missing, or if something is missing.

Do this all with the admin account, not a user account with admin rights but with the admin account. You need absolutely full rights on your machine and a user account that just has admin rights does not exactly work like the admin account itself.

evren akbulut said:
hello we want to turkish langues please thansk you

There was somebody who has begun the translation to turkish, but I think this is still unfinished. The official support has also been stopped. So I'm sorry!

I have discovered a HUGE PROBLEM with this mod. The Prussian Militia Musketeers (Veteran) have stats 125 in One-handed, Two-handed and Polearms... And 0 in firearms.

mike56, version 1.75 is final, as authors wrote, but mode is OSP and i made "unofficial" 1.8 - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=307841.msg7302431#msg7302431

ModestyBlaise, do you use latest version? I have no such problem (1.754 beta - dl links at first message of topic).

I installed the 1.754 patch and discovered that the patch does not seem to apply to the character i created before installing the patch but only works for new characters. Is there a way i can get the patch to work for my old character aswell?

I don't understand, what it means: "patch does not seem to apply to the character i created before". I think, it means that patch not savegame compatible, does it?
Export/import maybe (at character sheet - hotkey "c" - "statistic" button)... Or you can export new character and manually edit txt file with character info (path ***Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Characters). For face you may try to check "enable editing mode" at game starting options ("advanced" tab) and click to your hero figure at character sheet. Save after editing, exit game and disable editing mode.

I know how to extract a characters stats and use on another character but thanks anyway. I'm sorry if i was unclear, i'll try to give a better explaination.
Before i installed the patch i created a character and played with him a while, took some land and had myself a good army under my command. This is when i discovered that Prussians have ****ed up stats... After installing the patch everything is the same for my old character, all items same, all units same. So i created a new character (And thus loose all progress with the old one obviously) and now the patch works but only for the new character, or should i say the world around the new character.

Back
Top Bottom