[ECS2] Closing Thoughts and Thank Yous

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually I'm from the ones who thinks that a discussion has to happen (probably because contrary to older admins I still have the wish to start endless discussion which probably won't change anything) but that's in any way the place nor the moment Alene.

Eventually I will discuss with the other admins to see if we can open a topic made for that discussion specially and some other things which must be discussed aswell. Surely whatever their anwser is I will probably create a topic on my own because we promised to talk about the things you pointed out after the ECS.

No matter what some people could think I appreciate criticism when they're constructives and yours are so for now I will just keep thinking about it to re discuss it later on, in another place.

For now please just keep it on topic guys.  Thanks.

Even if Deacon talked for all the admin team I still wanted to post a little (lol) message on my own as it was my first participation either as an administrator in such a big event.

I extremely enjoyed taking part in, both as a player and as an organiser.

From the admin pov, it was a wonderful experience and I feel lucky having been given the chance to help at my level such a great admin team. Being administrators is not an easy task but I think I speak for all when I say (Excuse me Aero for this one) that we f****** love it.  However and we might make you guys forget it because let's be honest we're beast at doing it, but we're not professionals. We don't get payed for it and the scene is nothing close to CSGO for instance. Still at our level we're are trying our best to please you. Never forget that. Thinking that we're doing that to get some kind of virtual power as some recently suggested it to me is not only silly but also completely illogical.

People like Aeronwen shows it perfectly and I'm thankful I got the opportunity to meet such an amazing personality.

Once again we'll come back with another tournament. Once again it won't be perfect because nothing can be. But once again and as many did before me,  we'll continue giving our spare time to offer you the opportunity sharing your passion with us.

As a player perspective it was simply a great adventure to play this ECS with IR people and I simply hope that it won't stop there. I truly love these degerenated Germans.

Hope to see all of you again, the soonest possible.

Take care warbladers.

Alene said:
I thought this topic was for closing thoughts and thank yous, and that's what I posted. Clearly my input is not welcome, so I won't bring these issues up again.

I won't lie,  I can understand that you see it like that. I just can invite you to re-post what you did when the time and the place will be the good ones.

Alene said:
Well done, another tournament over. However, there's always room for improvement, so here's some criticism:

In this tournament I was mostly a bystander, but I took a note of some things that I thought should be discussed before the next tournament.

The biggest issue is naturally the pink javelin issue, or "the javelin gate". I am aware that the rule was discussed before the tournament, and based on that I agree with the ban of Sotamursu. Therefore the criticism goes to the moment when the rule was discussed. I cannot understand who really thinks that having pink javelins would give an unfair advantage big enough to be banned from the tournament. Maybe it's just me not understanding the game mechanics, but to me it sounds really stupid. In any case, in the next tournament, I would like to see common sense used in each and every rule.

Other issue from the "javelin gate" is the verdict. There was a rule breaked by the other team as well, one that resulted with suspension. Now, I said I agreed with Sota's ban, but I don't agree with the rest of the verdict. The match was to be replayed, and Sota cannot play in it because of the ban. How come the person from the other team could? Wasn't WDY the team that was wronged, and should've gotten the advantage, and not the next one who was fighting them? Weird. In the next tournament, I would like to see common sense used in each and every verdict.

Third issue is banning of clan's name. Sure, the abbrevation was stupid, but who wanted it banned? Are we going to be an odorless and tasteless community where unwanted material is swept under the carpet? I really don't like the direction.

And fourth issue is the sponsors. Well, one of them. And that is the great and magnificent Team Razer. Ok, you got it to sponsor a Warband tournament. Well done. Really. But is it really necessary to spam it everywhere? There's stuff of it forums and twitter. In streams their logo is visible all the time, there's their ad running every now and then and there's even their damn logo in the map? And, other sponsors did not get anywhere near that amount of visibility. Whether Razer required that visibility, I do not know, but too much is too much. I probably have less tolerance for this than most though.

Despite my criticism, the tournament looked great. Since my criticism was towards the admin team, I honestly must say that for the rest of the stuff it seemed to work seamlessly. If I had to pick one admin who shined in this, it'd be Aeronwen. She seemed to have a huge amount of responsibilities in the tourny, and tirelessly piloted it to the finish line. And also apparently secured sponsors. Extremely impressive work. Thumbs up for other admins as well. And players. And streamers. And referees.

Oh, and congratulations to Freelancers! :party:
I agree with everything Alene wrote. It is strange, that constructive criticism is not appreciated anymore.

From what I saw this was one of the most well organiced tournaments yet. A very big thanks to all who spend their freetime on something like this. Despite me not agreeing with everything I still appreciate all the hard work, which is done without getting anything in return and very few positive feedback if any.
So .. Thanks  :party:

In my eyes "big" sponsors, or rather what comes with it, are not really worth it. All the Hype and Tweets and constant advertisement just feels way over the top and in no way "natural".
Ofc. this might just be due to my very own personal preferences and I wont judge anyone for having others.

I agree with Vivar agreeing on Alene's thoughts. I think you have a really weird pattern of thoughts, but this time your spot on. You go girl!

But with that said, first and major thanks to the tournament holders. People who brought the idea, server donators, creators, imaginists for design, admins and server donators again. There were ups and downs, but there wouldn't be a competitive scene without these people to whom I'm very grateful!

I want to thank all people floating around the tournament, just that little extra to hype up or advertise some healthy competition. Shout outs to referee's, people who recorded and streamed, trailer makers, tweeters, the facebook page people(yes I accept you as human beings), the new map makers whom continued working where I failed, sponsors who still donate and contribute to this community, all people in suggestions thread whom suggested something relevant.

Lastly some individual thanks for those who I think really deserve it by doing that bit more (and that I can think of at the moment of making this post):

Dyktator: The most solid and neutral referee I've seen in this and previous tournaments.
Azan: Fixing flag mod and updating the admin mod.
Renekb: Server sided magic wizard helping out where needed.
Orhan BaBa: When I doubted to stream, his mustache always gave me back the smile I desperately needed to continue.
LeRoux: Kicking in with a cool stream of a very important match on his own initiative for our benefit that would've been missed otherwise.
Surkan: Stepping it up for all the ECL guys.
Harman: For every BBCode element that is dis-aligned and every number that needs updating. Thank you for all your work in statistics. It inspired me to maybe program a tool in the near future that can automatize all this.
Scar: For making an in game analyses post, which is something people like to discuss and has put a small trend on back stories and such for this and maybe upcoming tournaments.

BTW, I dont understand these mysterious ways in which pink javs make you play better, aim better and etc. So Im agreed with Alene, Vivar and Volcom.
No doubts that WeDontYou was weakened by this situation and they could achieve much better results with Sota.
Anyway, it was great tourney to watch with a really unexpected ending. Thnx to all the admins, streamers and referees.

It is high time we introduce a new and -definitely better- design layouts for those filthy award signatures. Not that they look bad, but gotta be worked upon I think. :smile:

Gg freelancers!

I have to say i agree *most parts of Alene's post, but yeah this thread is not the right place for that.

Thanks to everyone involved.

1-)About clan name, if you let them play with that name previous tournaments, its funny to force them change it now. (i know sponsorship things, its funny anyway)
2-)About pink jav, he obviously needed to get punished but not for whole tournament maybe 1-2 matches.

Constructive criticism is always welcome and i've always been happy to discuss any subject with absolutely anyone. Hit me up on steam, make a thread, whatever.

However what is incredibly irritating is when people use a new thread to pointlessly try to state the opinions that have been stated 1000 times in an old thread. Not only is it pointless because we've already heard it all, it completely derails the new thread. Within about 10 seconds the post appearing it had already turned the thread into an exact replica of the suggestions thread, with pointless quote wars and crap passive aggressive posts.

As BlackTide said, the criticism is from a minority. The hundreds of people who played in this excellently run tournament, enjoyed themselves playing and watching streams are the majority.

It's incredible to see the seen continue to grow and improve so long after release. A testament to the game and all those involved in the community.

Looking forward to the next tournament and great last post. If there's one extra thank you that could be added, I'd give it to the video makers for the cracking highlight videos we saw from LeRoux, aD, Sith and Oliveran. Those extra bits of edited content are great viewing and a good way to draw attention to the scene.

From me personally, I'd just like to say thanks for putting on a great show to all the teams who I was able to stream (I only missed a few but I hope to catch you in future), all of the cocasters and everyone who came for the post match interviews and Horse & Sword, as well as those who gave interviews and/or articles for MnBComp. Giving people more insight to who you are as people adds to the interest level of matches tremendously in my opinion. Obviously want to say thanks to LeRoux and Bombo for giving us that special El Classico preview too.

Other than that, just thanks for watching. The Twitch channel hit 1k Followers this season and is now up to 1,130. I'd like to keep working on it and improving where I can.

For my part, I'm happy to take note about the sponsorship features offered on the stream. In my opinion, it's fairly non intrusive and as a caster, having the ad breaks is a great help that creates a transition which helps production and gives a short 30 seconds of breathing time. Though things can always be worked on and if anyone feels that it's getting in the way of the streams, I'm keen to find a way to stop that from being the case.

For the future tournaments I believe the rules must be more widely discussed. Throughout this ECS we lost 2 of our most important players. One of them is Arni, who I believe to be the best infantry in the game, and the other one is Sota, who is the brains of our team. I cannot object to Arni's ban, since he DDoS'ed servers during the Nations cup. He knows what he has done and has realized the error of his ways. He probably hasn't regretted anything in his life more than that. About Sota, however, I feel like I must object. Wasn't it a bit too harsh to ban him from the entire tournament? We all knew that what he did might be punished. We accepted it is forbidden to use pink javelins and arrows. Although Sota used those for “Polsza Movie”, he forgot to change the textures back to their original state. His intention was not to gain an advantage through editing the the textures and therefore he didn't even think what he had done was wrong. For that reason he posted the screens on the forum. I believe Sota's intentions were not malicious and therefore banning him from the tournament entirely is too harsh of a decision. We expected a ban of maximum 1-2 matches. If a decision is going to be made, it needs to be re-thought, if it might have a direct effect on the team's future, and that decision affected ours deeply. Think about banning Azan from the tournament and forcing LeRoux to command, or banning Napoleon and forcing Menethil to command. In these cases I believe the performances of those teams would have dropped to half of their potential; because it's impossible to command and play archery at the top level at the same time. Another topic is the Legend match. A rematch was forced and there was nothing in the rules that'd suggest it even slightly. We still didn't understand the reason. The referees must have thought we won because of Sota's pink javelins and arrows. What was worse was, giving the decision to arrange the match to Legend, who chose a time we cannot play to have a default win. As a result even the teams like Heroes and The Castellans were rendered victims.

As for the name changing issues, we have been playing with the same name for 2 years now and everyone knew us by that name. We put so much effort into it ( like videos etc.) and suddenly the tournament admins come and tell us that we cannot use that name. We're asking why and they tell us we might get a sponsorship and they wouldn't want us to use that name. If there is a company who might be interested in giving us sponsorship, at least we have the right to know which company it is. It was ridiculous and wrong to force us to change our name before answering that question.  :iamamoron:

This tournament wasn't our tournament... Although we had a really bad tournament I still thank to everyone who put effort into this tournament.  :smile:

Thank you to all admins for organizing such great events and thank you to all the top teams for showing us how warband needs to be played!  :party:
Warband is at its best right now :party: :party:

This was a very enjoyable tournament to be in, everything proceeded smoothly and for my own part I think this admin team did fine work. There's always room for improvement of course, though this will no doubt come up later on.

As Tardet said, the admins are not professionals. There is always something to improve upon, that's why I think there should be a sperate thread for everyone to discuss rules. Whilst I doubt everyone will be happy with everything, I'm sure the community can make progress as a whole and move on.

I agree with Rayden about that Sota's ban. I didn't take part on this tournament because I was busy, but I was shocked when I heard that Sota is banned for using pink javelin textures. That was just ridiculous to ban him from the whole tournament. And I can't imagine that colored javelins could give any advantage, seriously.

I remember when there was some discussion about using bush hacks. Some players posted screenshots from match scoreboards and you clearly saw that the tree and bush textures were removed to get huge advantage especially when playing as a ranger. If I remember right Lust (or some other admin) said that it's so hard to prove against texture cheaters so those players with bush hacks will not get punished.

Rayden_ said:
. About Sota, however, I feel like I must object. Wasn't it a bit too harsh to ban him from the entire tournament? We all knew that what he did might be punished. We accepted it is forbidden to use pink javelins and arrows. Although Sota used those for “Polsza Movie”, he forgot to change the textures back to their original state. His intention was not to gain an advantage through editing the the textures and therefore he didn't even think what he had done was wrong. For that reason he posted the screens on the forum. I believe Sota's intentions were not malicious and therefore banning him from the tournament entirely is too harsh of a decision. We expected a ban of maximum 1-2 matches. If a decision is going to be made, it needs to be re-thought, if it might have a direct effect on the team's future, and that decision affected ours deeply.

What was worse was, giving the decision to arrange the match to Legend, who chose a time we cannot play to have a default win. As a result even the teams like Heroes and The Castellans were rendered victims.

If Sota left his pink javs on by accident, seems likely it's been that way for nearly a year:

I don't think anyone believes the reason you stomped Legend was because of pink javs, or that they have that great an advantage, but rules were clear and the specific instance had been discussed. I don't think Sota was being malicious, I think he just didn't care, but you can't ask admins to reconsider their already-set punishments because it affects a team more than if it was another player, that's just favouritism; rather, if you're the leader/key member of a team, probably time to start caring?

As for the default win, I'll just say we knew well in advance of you not having enough on the day, that we'd be facing you.

I agree we need to discuss the rules and things allowed, for myself I'd probably support just not allowing any modified textures, including crosshairs, but we'll see what community says I guess. I also agree Kurwa's name shouldn't have been forced to be changed since being allowed in other tournaments.

As a team you're often regarded with open suspicion, which comes across as discriminatory sometimes (much like with how Russians are treated), but in all cases of controversy its been your members doing wrong. As a team you're inarguably strong, possibly the best, and as players you clearly love the game and the scene, but I think a lot of this criticism at admins would be better directed within the clan.

Jabbe said:
I remember when there was some discussion about using bush hacks. Some players posted screenshots from match scoreboards and you clearly saw that the tree and bush textures were removed to get huge advantage especially when playing as a ranger. If I remember right Lust (or some other admin) said that it's so hard to prove against texture cheaters so those players with bush hacks will not get punished.
Care to back this up with the actual example?

Back
Top Bottom